Sign in to follow this  
Khundekling

Black Cats - Who's got one?

Wow! I literally read all of the posts. I love cats so much. I've only had 1 black cat though. And she was the meanest cat I ever had. My theme for animal names is video games. Her name was Mileena (Mortal Kombat). I adopted Mileena from the animal shelter. She was the runt and the only kitten left. They were going to euthanize her, so I adopted her. Mileena's balance was terrible. She constantly fell into the fish tank. She followed me everywhere and slept on my head. But I was highly allergic to her. My face would be all puffy and red and I couldn't breathe most of the time. I loved her though, so I was determined to keep her. She loved me too, but would attack other people. We kept her for a few years, but when my son was 1 and able to move around, she attacked him. She burst a vein in his hand and he bled out a lot. Needless to say, I had to get rid of her. She almost ruined my outlook on cats. Now, I have a grey Maine Coon cat. As bad as Mileena was, Memow is that much better. He is the sweetest cat I've ever had. He's also the first boy I've ever had. Don't think I'm ever getting another girl cat. His name is Memow and doesn't fall with my usual video game name, because my daughter named him. She is hard of hearing and her hearing comes and goes. She used to pronounce Mickey Mouse like Memow. So, in tribute to that memory, she said let's name the cat Memow. I also have a golden retriever named Bowser (Super Mario). Love both of my pets so much. As far as either of them being familiars or witchy, I don't think so. They are more like guardians to me, especially since they are both partial to my children. They are also very protective, even the cat. I kind of feel bad when I see everyone else's cats leaving them mice and bunnies. Lol! Memow leaves me mutilated roaches that are still alive (all of their legs will have been pulled off and their little antennae are just squiggling around). Oh and pieces of lizards.

yes we have a black cat. He is called Trick and the only part of his body that is not black is the last inch of his tail - it is pure white. The name the family call him is "Hell Cat" and I call him "The Demon". That pretty much sums up his personality. He hates people as a rule, tolerates us because we feed him. Attacks if he even thinks you are about to put flea stuff on his neck, attacks if he can smell you have put flea stuff on the dog, talks all the time but by talk it sounds like a blood curdling fight is about to break out. If you try to ignore him he punches you. If the dog is trying to go to the toilet he will walk under his head and bash him one under the muzzle to annoy the dog. If you leave anything up high he will push it onto the floor. He pushed a huge quartz crystal of mine from the top of the fire place and it fell onto my lap top. He then sat on my lap top and just looked me in the face. Lap top was fine somehow. When playing card games eg Magic The Gathering we now laugh as he will always leap up into the battle ground just as you say "I summon in....." Hence we say "I summon in the Demon Cat". Then what normally happens he does a huge board wipe and pushes all players creature cards etc onto the floor.

Basically he is a thug. A once feral cat who now tolerates us living in the house with him, beats up the dog, destroys worlds, eats for Britain and lies in a superman pose.

We wouldn't be without the bugger. 

Edited by TitchyWitch

I have a black cat named Lila. I would count her as a familiar, as any time I sit down to do any sort of work, she is *right* there, usually on my alter. She's singed off a few whiskers that way... She also likes working outside with me, besides her usual walks and hikes.

She came from a shelter, but I didn't pick her, she picked me. I was there to see a different cat, but every time I would pass her cage she would come to the front and scream and reach out to try to grab my sleeve. The shelter staff was baffled, because apparently she never did that with anybody besides regular shelter volunteers. They had never seen her act that way with a stranger. Which pretty much sealed it, as far as "this is your cat." She's blossomed since she came home. She's very outgoing and a complete ham. She also seems very attuned to my moods and will bring me puffballs when I'm upset and scream until I throw them. (She likes playing fetch, so I think the cat logic there is that "the human is sad, fetch makes me happy, fetch will make the human happy." Or I might be over anthropomorphising there.) At a whopping 8lbs - 3.6kg, for the metric folks - she believes she is the biggest, baddest, most fearsome creature ever. Aside from perhaps deer, which she's afraid of.

She and her "brother," Kell, are both named for book characters. Kell is a big, orange tabby. Even though he's also generally right there as soon as I sit down to work, I don't count him as a familiar. Whereas Lila will sit on my alter through an entire ritual and then leave immediately after it's done, Kell just sort of wanders in to sit on my lap and then wanders back out. He's more lap cat than familiar. Familiar or not, though, he's an excellent cuddler, which I think is a great quality in a pet.

Edited by songlore

Shelter Cats make the best pets! Good for you, songlore, for giving a deserving animal his forever home.

Sign in to follow this