79 replies to this topic

#61 Belwenda

Belwenda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:59 AM

I have one :flyaway: Attached File  IMG_1076.JPG   183.48KB   0 downloads

unfortunately you have to turn your head to the side to see her:)

Edited by Belwenda, 11 December 2017 - 01:01 AM.

"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" W.S.

#62 Khundekling

Khundekling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:12 AM

She's adorable Belwenda! What's her name? She looks very similar to mine  :D 

life is better with a biscuit

#63 Akashiel

Akashiel

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:18 AM

My cat Casanova, or Nova as he is now referred as is black, or rather blackish brown/red/gray that generally appears black. Surprisingly good guard with over 9 kg of pure muscle and aggression, also good at keeping negative energies at bay

#64 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:31 AM

My cat Casanova, or Nova as he is now referred as is black, or rather blackish brown/red/gray that generally appears black. Surprisingly good guard with over 9 kg of pure muscle and aggression, also good at keeping negative energies at bay

upon first glance, I thought you wrote his name was Catsanova  :eye:

#65 professorchaos

professorchaos

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:00 PM

I have 2 cats, one is a gorgeous grey tiger stripe and the other is almost all black with a touch of white around his mouth/nose and white socks. He is a fantastic hunter and huge! (like 19 lbs of kitty muscle). He is very sweet and cuddly but he is know to leave me disemboweled mice and weasels right as I step out my door, he apparently thinks I suck at hunting  :lol: 

#66 professorchaos

professorchaos

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:03 PM

I worked many years at a cemetery office. A day before one Halloween, one of the maintenance crew nearly mowed over a kitten, so he brought it to me, knowing I had other cats. She is all black and is now 14 & sitting on my lap as I type. What with having been found in a cemetery at Halloween, and handed over to a witch, what else could I name her but Kizmet? She's free to be whatever she wants to be. She sleeps on my head, hogging the pillow at night even though she has her own. My cats are my family.

I work at a cemetery office too! How was your experience there? Was it located directly on the grounds? Our is in the middle of the cemetery itself, I love working here personally. I find it to be a pretty relaxing environment on the grounds especially, although the office feels a bit...suffocating?....I guess is the right word, when you are working alone in it. Hard to explain but the building has an almost "heavy" energy to it, 

Edited by professorchaos, 06 January 2018 - 08:03 PM.

#67 Merianna

Merianna

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:57 PM

I myself don't have a cat, but i do have a pitch black wolf dog breed XD. He is perfect for me in every way!
Although, today I saw a picture of a ginger kitten that was found wandering in the area that i live in, and the community put an alert out with the kitten's picture asking if he/she belongs to anyone.
I swear i have never felt like I did when that picture hit my eyes! I've seen plenty of pictures with kittens, i have been around countless kittens. But that pocture just shot straight to my soul!
If he/she doesn't belong to anyone i would have taken him/her in a hearbeat. But unfortunately funds and family don't allow that at the moment.

#68 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:59 PM

I work at a cemetery office too! How was your experience there? Was it located directly on the grounds? Our is in the middle of the cemetery itself, I love working here personally. I find it to be a pretty relaxing environment on the grounds especially, although the office feels a bit...suffocating?....I guess is the right word, when you are working alone in it. Hard to explain but the building has an almost "heavy" energy to it,

Better late than never - just saw your Qs. Our office was at the front, near the entrance. Most of the time I liked the atmosphere, although live office visitors carry loads of grief. I occasionally spritzed holy water to lift the haze. The crew were good people. The "residents" were never an issue & any time I saw a large, bow-shaped flare of light I'd think," there goes another one" & grin. And yea, winter's early sun sets meant I'd be locking up to go home after dark. Only problems were the wannabe witchlings who left burnt offerings and busted beer bottles. Asses. No real witch would insult the environment so.

The site is on a migration route for geese, and annually they halt traffic when the flock lands, crosses the road, or lifts off. 2-300 big birds make a heap of racket and slippery skid zones, but I wouldn't'a missed 'em.

Edited by Zombee, 26 July 2018 - 03:33 PM.

#69 RichKyteler1950

RichKyteler1950

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

So I'm going a little off topic from my original post, but rather than starting a new thread, I thought I would share it here.

I have just discovered a breed of cat called a Lykoi a.k.a The Werewolf Cat and they look fricking awesome!!

attachicon.gif koi7-e1446066473275.jpg

Some of you have probably seen them before but it's the first time for me.

. What an amazing cat! I would love one!

#70 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:03 PM

Zombee and Professor I have never worked in a cemetery but I used to walk through one every day. It was my favourite place. It was so peaceful especially in the older part. It felt like a spiritual place although I never encountered any spirits!

#71 Khundekling

Khundekling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:08 AM

. What an amazing cat! I would love one!

I know right! They're supposed to have the temperament of dogs as well

life is better with a biscuit

#72 Phoenixxx

Phoenixxx

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:21 AM

I have had a black cat, named King. Unfortunately, he passed.
I now have an all dark grey cat, Dino.
He's my best friend :-)

#73 Ozman

Ozman

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:01 PM

I got two Black Cats and one Tuxedo cat, Meow

#74 BlackbirdSong

BlackbirdSong

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:44 PM

Loving the cat pictures!

I don’t have a black cat - nearly got one but it fell through. I ended up with two fluffy Ragdolls. Definitely not my familiars, but one of them likes to pick tarot/oracle cards and is much more sensitive to energy and emotion than the other. I love unusual names, so I have Actually Whimsical (Chilly or chillsie for short) and Eloquence (Ellie).

#75 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:20 PM

Yes! I have a black cat, I got him from the local animal shelter, we had been there several times, but Onyx, was the most entertaining and friendly cat there was.
He sleeps on my head and I really do mean ON my head. Most uncomfortable. He is a hunter, killer of mice and birds alike. He even brought me a live mouse and layed it at my feet, then he just left it for me to deal with. What fun and mayhem ensued.
He is more a partner in crime than a familiar, he could be if I ask him to come back when he dies. He loves to be with me, especially outside in the garden, where he inspects all that I am doing.
attachment=4396:DSCF1442.JPG]
Onyx and my Husband.

Attached Files

#76 WaterChildOfGaea

WaterChildOfGaea

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:45 AM

I have had in the past, I have a 3 year old tortoise shell now, called Trouble

#77 BlackbirdSong

BlackbirdSong

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:00 PM

Waterchild, adore the name! 

#78 negcreativity

negcreativity

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:02 AM

Wow! I literally read all of the posts. I love cats so much. I've only had 1 black cat though. And she was the meanest cat I ever had. My theme for animal names is video games. Her name was Mileena (Mortal Kombat). I adopted Mileena from the animal shelter. She was the runt and the only kitten left. They were going to euthanize her, so I adopted her. Mileena's balance was terrible. She constantly fell into the fish tank. She followed me everywhere and slept on my head. But I was highly allergic to her. My face would be all puffy and red and I couldn't breathe most of the time. I loved her though, so I was determined to keep her. She loved me too, but would attack other people. We kept her for a few years, but when my son was 1 and able to move around, she attacked him. She burst a vein in his hand and he bled out a lot. Needless to say, I had to get rid of her. She almost ruined my outlook on cats. Now, I have a grey Maine Coon cat. As bad as Mileena was, Memow is that much better. He is the sweetest cat I've ever had. He's also the first boy I've ever had. Don't think I'm ever getting another girl cat. His name is Memow and doesn't fall with my usual video game name, because my daughter named him. She is hard of hearing and her hearing comes and goes. She used to pronounce Mickey Mouse like Memow. So, in tribute to that memory, she said let's name the cat Memow. I also have a golden retriever named Bowser (Super Mario). Love both of my pets so much. As far as either of them being familiars or witchy, I don't think so. They are more like guardians to me, especially since they are both partial to my children. They are also very protective, even the cat. I kind of feel bad when I see everyone else's cats leaving them mice and bunnies. Lol! Memow leaves me mutilated roaches that are still alive (all of their legs will have been pulled off and their little antennae are just squiggling around). Oh and pieces of lizards.

#79 TitchyWitch

TitchyWitch

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:12 PM

yes we have a black cat. He is called Trick and the only part of his body that is not black is the last inch of his tail - it is pure white. The name the family call him is "Hell Cat" and I call him "The Demon". That pretty much sums up his personality. He hates people as a rule, tolerates us because we feed him. Attacks if he even thinks you are about to put flea stuff on his neck, attacks if he can smell you have put flea stuff on the dog, talks all the time but by talk it sounds like a blood curdling fight is about to break out. If you try to ignore him he punches you. If the dog is trying to go to the toilet he will walk under his head and bash him one under the muzzle to annoy the dog. If you leave anything up high he will push it onto the floor. He pushed a huge quartz crystal of mine from the top of the fire place and it fell onto my lap top. He then sat on my lap top and just looked me in the face. Lap top was fine somehow. When playing card games eg Magic The Gathering we now laugh as he will always leap up into the battle ground just as you say "I summon in....." Hence we say "I summon in the Demon Cat". Then what normally happens he does a huge board wipe and pushes all players creature cards etc onto the floor.

Basically he is a thug. A once feral cat who now tolerates us living in the house with him, beats up the dog, destroys worlds, eats for Britain and lies in a superman pose.

We wouldn't be without the bugger. 

Edited by TitchyWitch, 10 August 2018 - 08:13 PM.

#80 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:55 PM

Well! He just sounds perfect!