Youtube Channels...

Pazuzu

So, i did a search, and couldn't find anything.. so apologies if this was posted in the wrong place or a repeat post... anyone know of any good youtube channels.. that aren't wiccan... i was trying to show my friend the difference between trad. Witchcraft and wicca.. but almost every search I do.. has the majority of the results show up as Wiccan.. even "Traditional witchcraft" (all the videos seem to be Wiccans explaining the difference between Wicca vs Traditional)... or even "I'm not wiccan!!" ... like.. 5 videos show up... that arnt actually wiccan.. lol

I dont know.. maybe its my youtube app thats fucking up... or maybe there aren't that many channels.. just hoping someone has a good recommendation...

Does it need to be a video to show your friend? Can you give them articles to read? This one is fairly good at explaining the differences. 

Traditional Witchcraft covers such a huge array of beliefs and practices and is personal to the witch. So I'm not sure you could ever get a channel for "Traditional Witchcraft", more like a "This is what I do" Channel.

I did some searching a while back and never found anything either, just the same as you folks that talked about not being wiccan but then at some point tossed in talking about shit I know is wiccan so yeah I never had any luck either. so that wasn't very helpful haha

Lol, well it helped to let me know I'm not alone

Does it need to be a video to show your friend? Can you give them articles to read? This one is fairly good at explaining the differences. 

Traditional Witchcraft covers such a huge array of beliefs and practices and is personal to the witch. So I'm not sure you could ever get a channel for "Traditional Witchcraft", more like a "This is what I do" Channel.

That'll work. Thanks. I tried to explain it to them.. and they just give me this dead eye stare and say "i dont get it"... maybe i should just make a PowerPoint presentation with visuals lol

This is a terrible sweeping generalisation, but I don't think many Trads make you tube videos. Even going online is a big thing. Obviously I mean where craft practice is concerned, not general living. I don't know, but guess it might be because so much of what we do is more earthy than electronic. There is also an element of being oath-bound for some Trads. Trads don't actively recruit or seek to convert. People find their way back to the old ways themselves and have to find the information they need the hard way. Otherwise I think it is not valued as much. I think that is why it is so hard to find lots of good channels online. I think it is amazing that we have so many Trads here on the forum!

• 2 weeks later...

So, i did a search, and couldn't find anything.. so apologies if this was posted in the wrong place or a repeat post... anyone know of any good youtube channels.. that aren't wiccan... i was trying to show my friend the difference between trad. Witchcraft and wicca.. but almost every search I do.. has the majority of the results show up as Wiccan.. even "Traditional witchcraft" (all the videos seem to be Wiccans explaining the difference between Wicca vs Traditional)... or even "I'm not wiccan!!" ... like.. 5 videos show up... that arnt actually wiccan.. lol

I dont know.. maybe its my youtube app thats fucking up... or maybe there aren't that many channels.. just hoping someone has a good recommendation...

The YouTube link that was added earlier was the only one that I have seen on there relating to TW. But if you have a look at the Sarah Anne Lawless website, she has some excellent content on TW as well. But as others have said, the term is so broad, deities are included in many aspects of TW but there are also many trads that don't use them. That is just one of many differences between the many trads not just in this forum, but around the world. None are right or wrong, it is just what is right for each practitioner personally. For example I don't use deities in my craft, but I bet there are a lot of things that I could learn from someone who does. I think It all comes from stripping out the layers of what you believe in and building from that to develop your own craft.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched a few of these with my wife.

Liked tylluan the best.

She's fantastic!

I had someone else to suggest, but hesitated at first. It's Avalon's Spiritual Odyssey (edited to say, she now goes by, 'Avalon Cameron') She makes a lot of videos on tarot and oracle decks. But, she grew up in Brazil, in traditional witchcraft. She shares loads of interesting things about it, but you do have to sort through her videos to find them. Well worth it, though. Also, she did get into Wicca, when she came to Australia, because she felt she was missing out by not being in Brazil, practicing her traditional witchcraft. So, that's why I paused before sharing her channel. That said, she has no issues with hexing someone if she felt it necessary, and I get the impression the wicca side of things might be more for that social connection, than anything else. Really interesting to watch.

Edited by Tricycle

I love her book on knot magic!

It is hard to find stuff about it. Her family back ground in sailing was interesting. 

I had no idea she'd written something! I'll have to check it out :) I'm only new to her channel, so I need a good binge watching sesh :D

She self publishes, Wolfenhowle Press.

I also have her book on breath magic. It is pretty good if you can get past the fact that it never went through a professional editor.  As far as other authors go, the book and music part of this forum is priceless.

I just started following DeviantWitchery on youtube and I have followed Melissa the Dreadful Mystic for some time.

I don't know if my answer will be helpful but my belief is that those who truly seek an answer is likely to find it, you just got to earn it. This stuff takes time as it's like a massive tree with branches in every direction..and then there are the roots. Maybe your friend needs to seek it out. I mean that in the kindest possible way  :)

• Upvote 1

NW,

I am not sure who you are responding to here, I am guessing the OP?

It is helpful to quote the post you are replying to. The button to quote is in the lower right corner under the post.

Good points mind you.

I just figured it out - haven't been on a message board for over 10 years  :red_witch:  Is this correct ?