8 replies to this topic

#1 Khundekling

Khundekling

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

I am aware that I am very selfish in my practice. My crafting is mainly focused on self help. I don't actively help others **as a witch**. That's mainly because I'm private in my beliefs but I don't use my skills to help others.

To try and balance this I do what I can for my local environment. Nothing more than any eco minded person I guess, recycle everything I can, produce less waste, use the car less, litter pick, plant the occasional tree etc.

I'll move bugs out of harms way, give a little sugar water to a struggling Bumble Bee, rescue injured animals.

I try and be as kind and generous to people as I can. I like baking for others (an insight into my signature ;) ) Of course it's hard and there are some people I just want to beat the crap out of but unless they do me personal harm or my loved ones, then I let them be. 

It's not much but giving, what is mainly my physical energy, back for what magical energy I take, gives me a sense of balance. 

So how about you guys? What do you do? Is it allowing others to feed off your energy, giving offerings to your spirits or more of a physical way like myself?

life is better with a biscuit

#2 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:37 PM

I like to do nature/conservation education in addition to basic eco friendly things.

RSKHFMY

#3 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:40 PM

I'm in a giving profession and have to be careful not to deplete myself completely. So far I think I am better at workings for other people than myself. Maybe I am more used to dealing with things for myself through mundane means.

#4 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:31 AM

When I first stated getting more involved in my journey with witchcraft, I started doing little things like actually recycling, picking up trash out in nature, leaving treats for the hummingbirds in my yard and plants for the bees and butterflies, etc.

Outside of that I don't do much to give back. I am the person that everyone in my life goes to daily to Deload negative or upsetting things. I feel like that in itself is giving too much of myself sometimes :P

#5 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:59 AM

I plant trees.

I dream of old growth forest,
Of oak and ash and elm,

Of mighty boles and leafy knolls,

In green-bloods heady realm.

A stag-horned head arises,

gruff voice whispers in my brain,

the bargain struck, I'm glad, not stuck,

Now planting in the rain.

Around me roots delve downwards

leaf and branch claw t'ward the sky,

When my bones are old and crumble,

I'll be satisfied to die.

As our forest will be growing, fed,

with breath and blood and pain,

the magic of his wildwood,

shall root here once again.

- Me, 1.9.17  ;)

I've 168 more to plant as of yesterday, along with the 105 I already had (a story of synchronicities lies there-in).

Turning these into the forest of my dreams and his desire will be happily one of the great works of my lifetime.

I also look after the wee patches of native forest around the place, here in NZ the Kauri tends to be revered as the 'king' of the forest, but I like to find the 'queen' of any patch - there will always be the most massive, old, gnarled and immutable Puriri tree somewhere - they are always stern, maternal and definitely chthonic. I know in my gut there is one next door on the neighbors (as yet unseen) that I know I will be hunting out to visit once I have permission to walk their native forest.

Other than that, I will occasionally try a healing, but It's not really my wheelhouse.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." You may call me Jed.  

#6 Khundekling

Khundekling

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:38 AM

FrozenThunderbolt, did you really just write that poem?? It's beautiful! Thank you#

Kalinia, you are giving your time to those people. Time is the most precious thing with have  :) 

Edited by Khundekling, 01 September 2017 - 02:59 PM.

life is better with a biscuit

#7 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

FrozenThunderbolt, did you really just write that poem?? It's beautiful! Thank you#

Yep, wordsmithings a bit of a hobby of mine. Glad you like it :lol:

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." You may call me Jed.  

#8 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

I plant trees.

I dream of old growth forest,
Of oak and ash and elm,

Of mighty boles and leafy knolls,

In green-bloods heady realm.

A stag-horned head arises,

gruff voice whispers in my brain,

the bargain struck, I'm glad, not stuck,

Now planting in the rain.

Around me roots delve downwards

leaf and branch claw t'ward the sky,

When my bones are old and crumble,

I'll be satisfied to die.

As our forest will be growing, fed,

with breath and blood and pain,

the magic of his wildwood,

shall root here once again.

- Me, 1.9.17  ;)

I've 168 more to plant as of yesterday, along with the 105 I already had (a story of synchronicities lies there-in).

Turning these into the forest of my dreams and his desire will be happily one of the great works of my lifetime.

I also look after the wee patches of native forest around the place, here in NZ the Kauri tends to be revered as the 'king' of the forest, but I like to find the 'queen' of any patch - there will always be the most massive, old, gnarled and immutable Puriri tree somewhere - they are always stern, maternal and definitely chthonic. I know in my gut there is one next door on the neighbors (as yet unseen) that I know I will be hunting out to visit once I have permission to walk their native forest.

Other than that, I will occasionally try a healing, but It's not really my wheelhouse.

Loving this. There is a legend in the forest next to where I live of Herne the Hunter who rides the forest at night accompanied by the wild hunt.

Your poem was strongly evocative of this. We share a love of wordsmithing, I am currently writing a play for our local Fringe Festival and the play ends with the arrival of Herne and the Hunt.

You can see why your poem called to me!

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#9 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:42 AM

Loving this. There is a legend in the forest next to where I live of Herne the Hunter who rides the forest at night accompanied by the wild hunt.

Your poem was strongly evocative of this. We share a love of wordsmithing, I am currently writing a play for our local Fringe Festival and the play ends with the arrival of Herne and the Hunt.

You can see why your poem called to me!

Thanks Tana :biggrin2: Let me know if you want ever verse written, happy to give it a smash for you.