14 replies to this topic

#1 TheOn3LeftBehind

TheOn3LeftBehind

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:35 AM

Hi all! 

So I had a spooky encounter today with my Daemon Tarot deck. I've been using it as an oracle just because the creator did post on a website that it's more of an oracle and not a tarot deck. The artwork on the deck is beautiful. It's exactly my style, so I felt connected with it more than other decks. So I'm shuffling them very thoroughly and I draw three cards to represent three things for my question: what I'm ignoring, what I need, and what action should be taken. After I pulled my cards I just felt like something was weird, so i decided to just start over. This is mainly because I haven't used tarot cards in awhile and I just didn't feel like I knew oracle cards too well. So I reset myself, shuffled very thoroughly (I'm very picky about my shuffling... it has to be shuffled until I feel like it's "right"), and I drew three cards. The same three cards popped up in the same spots. 

Has anyone experienced something like this? I mean I really would've have expected all three of the same cards to pop up in the same spot. This must really be important! And I feel a little spooked about this because this is a new kind of deck to me. I'm used to all of the "magical" depictions.

Woman, I saw you riding on a fence switch with loose hair and belt, in the troll skin, at the time when day and night are equal.” -Reference from C. E. Law of Vastgotaland

#2 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

I have had this happen, but with a deck I’ve had for years. I can practically hear the deck’s sarcastic voice in my ear “what part of the first reading did you not understand?” I suspect it does this because it cannot actually hit me over the head with a clue-by-four. Just like you suspect, my readings turned out to be very important.

Perhaps the deck feels just as connected to you, as you do to it? Do you get a feel of any personality behind the cards? (I have on deck that is extremely helpful but sarcastic, and another that is always very serious.)  

#3 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:57 AM

Yes, it definitely happens. Especially if it's a message I don't particularly want to hear or don't believe, the cards will hit me over the head with the message until I get it.

#4 bluelily

bluelily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:38 AM

Yes! I posted about this last year. For several days in a row I would shuffle the heck out of my oracle deck and received the spirit guide type card every single time. It was wild for me as I never experienced something like it. I was in a very very bad dark place at the time and did not give it the time energy and respect it deserved to figure out why I had that card so much. Regrets, but no use dwelling.

#5 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:12 AM

This is so cool to hear!
I have not had this happen before but they definitely always give the same answer when the same quesions are asked without fail!

I hope you will be posting what comes of this in the future!!

You're all a bunch of fuckin assholes, ya know why? you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be.

You need people like me, you need people like me so you can point your fuckin fingers.

and say " That's the bad guy"

So say goodnight to the bad guy!

#6 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:43 PM

Yes. Listen to what it's telling you. I drew the same card in the same spot 3 times in a row and like Duchess's sarcastic deck that card definitely had a raised eyebrow by the third time! It's usually quite a kindly, positive deck so when I draw the same cards repeatedly it's as close to a rebuke as it gives me.

#7 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:05 AM

I've recently had the opportunity to become familiar with the Daemon Tarot deck. What an incredible deck! And yes, I've had cards follow me for quite some time, sometimes in the exact same positions, sometimes merely similar positions. I usually switch to another form of divination, ask someone else to read for me, or try to use dream work as a means to better understand the situation.

RSKHFMY

#8 RichKyteler1950

RichKyteler1950

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:59 PM

As an experienced card reader, both Tarot and Oracle cards, I have personally found that when the same card keeps coming up, there's a very definite reason for it! It obviously has a real message for you!

Edited by RichKyteler1950, 04 February 2018 - 02:19 AM.

#9 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:04 AM

I'm not blowing my own trumpet, but I have been reading cards for many years! Don't think I'm being cocky!!!!

Hold the bus, Gus. So have many of the members here. And yes, this is definitely you being cocky - take it down a peg.

RSKHFMY

#10 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:02 PM

If you do a google search for “card stalker spread” you’ll find a couple of layouts that can help you draw some clarifying cards for a repeating card. Or you could make your own based on the situation in question.

For me, a repeating card means “ya, you still haven’t dealt with this” or “this energy is gonna be here for a while” or “you’re missing something about this card.” Sometimes, a card repeats because it has come to represent a specific person or situation, so I know if it comes up, it means that this reading involves that person/situation. For example, in one deck, the knight of wands looks just like my boyfriend and fits his personality, so it almost always represents him when it comes up, unless it’s clearly otherwise. Intuition should guide you on the nuances.

#11 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

I just read a little closer and realized you had the same 3 cards pull twice in a row. I had that happen just once before. Yes it was significant lol. It was sorta like the deck was saying “no for real, write this shit down and remind yourself of this spread every morning until ya embedded in your subconscious”

The card stalker layout might still be helpful, but adjust it for the combined energy of the three card reading.

#12 RichKyteler1950

RichKyteler1950

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:37 AM

Hold the bus, Gus. So have many of the members here. And yes, this is definitely you being cocky - take it down a peg.

Sorry, I honestly didn't mean it that way. I was just trying to explain that I have had the same experience many times. Sorry for any offense.

#13 RichKyteler1950

RichKyteler1950

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:22 AM

Oh and I have edited the reply. Hope this helps to put things right!

#14 RichKyteler1950

RichKyteler1950

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

I have personally found that when the same card keeps coming up, there's a very definite reason for it! It obviously has a real message for you!

#15 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 06:23 PM

Happens to me all the time, especially when I don't like the first answer and I lay down the cards again. One day it happened three times in a row