5 replies to this topic

#1 TheOn3LeftBehind

TheOn3LeftBehind

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:35 AM

Hi all! 

So I had a spooky encounter today with my Daemon Tarot deck. I've been using it as an oracle just because the creator did post on a website that it's more of an oracle and not a tarot deck. The artwork on the deck is beautiful. It's exactly my style, so I felt connected with it more than other decks. So I'm shuffling them very thoroughly and I draw three cards to represent three things for my question: what I'm ignoring, what I need, and what action should be taken. After I pulled my cards I just felt like something was weird, so i decided to just start over. This is mainly because I haven't used tarot cards in awhile and I just didn't feel like I knew oracle cards too well. So I reset myself, shuffled very thoroughly (I'm very picky about my shuffling... it has to be shuffled until I feel like it's "right"), and I drew three cards. The same three cards popped up in the same spots. 

Has anyone experienced something like this? I mean I really would've have expected all three of the same cards to pop up in the same spot. This must really be important! And I feel a little spooked about this because this is a new kind of deck to me. I'm used to all of the "magical" depictions.

Woman, I saw you riding on a fence switch with loose hair and belt, in the troll skin, at the time when day and night are equal.” -Reference from C. E. Law of Vastgotaland

#2 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

I have had this happen, but with a deck I’ve had for years. I can practically hear the deck’s sarcastic voice in my ear “what part of the first reading did you not understand?” I suspect it does this because it cannot actually hit me over the head with a clue-by-four. Just like you suspect, my readings turned out to be very important.

Perhaps the deck feels just as connected to you, as you do to it? Do you get a feel of any personality behind the cards? (I have on deck that is extremely helpful but sarcastic, and another that is always very serious.)  

#3 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:57 AM

Yes, it definitely happens. Especially if it's a message I don't particularly want to hear or don't believe, the cards will hit me over the head with the message until I get it.

#4 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:38 AM

Yes! I posted about this last year. For several days in a row I would shuffle the heck out of my oracle deck and received the spirit guide type card every single time. It was wild for me as I never experienced something like it. I was in a very very bad dark place at the time and did not give it the time energy and respect it deserved to figure out why I had that card so much. Regrets, but no use dwelling.

#5 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:12 AM

This is so cool to hear!
I have not had this happen before but they definitely always give the same answer when the same quesions are asked without fail!

I hope you will be posting what comes of this in the future!!

For gods' sakes we've suffered, this pain is now our lives,

For gods sakes we've suffered enough. - C. Taylor & J. Root

#6 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:43 PM

Yes. Listen to what it's telling you. I drew the same card in the same spot 3 times in a row and like Duchess's sarcastic deck that card definitely had a raised eyebrow by the third time! It's usually quite a kindly, positive deck so when I draw the same cards repeatedly it's as close to a rebuke as it gives me.