• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JesterJedula

JesterJedula

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:30 PM

Hey all. I'm new to this in the practical sense and I am having a huge problem feeling anything. Energy, spirits, any of it really. I have the odd hot left hand feeling sometimes but that's about it. It's making the getting started period a little rough and I was wondering if anyone has any tricks? I'm also on medication ATM which could be hindering me. If this is the wrong area let me know I just wasn't sure where to post this. I'm sure I'm not the only person with this problem.

#2 Khundekling

Khundekling

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:40 AM

Hey JesterJedula, it's just practice and patience I'm afraid. Being able to clear your mind doesn't come easy to a lot of people. I spent a long time just doing that before I could start moving on to visualisation, raising energy and what was necessary for spellwork. Communicating with spirits can be incredibly difficult, well I for one find it difficult. Communicating is a two way thing. If they don't want to commune with you, there's not much you can do about it. Learning to listen first is the big step. 

If your medication is making it difficult for you to focus then it could be hindering your progress.

life is better with a biscuit

#3 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:57 AM

Hi Jester,

It can be tricky for sure, but like most things will improve with practice.
I use this process to practice touch sensitivity to the energy in plants, earth and some objects.
I'm not brilliant but this technique (found in many places and systems - the link provided is just nice and clear) has helped me improve.

Spirits I can't help you with much; I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of spirit/entity/deity contacts that I have experienced and still have plenty to spare. Something I hope to improve as I continue to learn from the fine folks here.

Some people (though not myself) subscribe to the thought that you have energetically projective and a receptive hands, usually corresponding to you your dominant hand being projective. Experimentation may lead you too find that one hand is easier to sense with than the other.

Of course you may find another faculty that allows/informs your notice of energy movement, such as sight (seeing auras and energy flows), or something else entirely.

I couldn't speak to weather your medication is hindering you, but if it is important for your ongoing physical or mental health I would STRONGLY caution you against stopping it without at least first talking to your doctor.

That said, since I have been alcohol free for the last 7 months I have noticed generally a better connection to the physical and etheric worlds around me (a personal observation, not a general prescription!), and some witches use flying ointments for good reason, so it would be fair to say that certain chemicals may help or hinder a practitioners abilities.

I hope that overall that helps a bit :)

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." You may call me Jed.  

#4 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:59 AM

I would also add that daily meditations (if possible), both void (stilling emptying the mind) and discursive (training the mind to hyper-focus on one idea and its concepts) will help you to develop your sensory awareness.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." You may call me Jed.  

#5 MuireAnne

MuireAnne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:18 AM

All very good advice. FrozenThunderbolt, and thanks for sharing that link! I have read similar in other places, but this was well written and easy to understand.
True magic is neither bad nor good. It is both, because nature is both; loving and cruel all at the same time. The only good or bad is in the heart of the witch. Life keeps a balance on its own. - Lirio

#6 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:03 PM

Great advice here. Things that have helped me are eliminating meat and eggs from my diet. I don't know why but it's made me feel clearer for want of a better word. Agree with void meditation and also hyperfocus on a candle or similar. Also some types of energy are easier to feel - I have always been sensitive to hostile energy so discovering witchcraft has made life easier because it a) named it and B) is teaching me about shielding!

It's much easier for some of us to sense energy from large living beings especially trees because they are still and mostly tolerant of being touched. One of the things that started me on this path was feeling a connection to a particular tree and simply spending time with it. Being a literal tree hugger! Connecting to the earth too - just sitting or standing with bare feet and palms on the grass, rock etc then spending time there in silence has a deep peaceful energy. Walking barefoot in the ocean has a different energy. Play about in nature and just aim to be open to what you experience. Also trust your gut if you find gifts in nature - shells, stones , branches or feathers. There's a natural power you can feel in certain objects.

Finally shamanic journeying is a really powerful way of connecting to spirits. It has changed my life to be honest.

#7 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:04 PM

The sunglass dude was originally a b with a bracket but I quite like him!

#8 JesterJedula

JesterJedula

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:02 PM

Awesome replies, thanks everybody! I will put all of this to use. I am also definitely looking in to shamanic journeying. It's times like these I wish I had more patience! This is when the saying 'the good things in life aren't easy' comes
Into play.

You should like sunglasses dude, Looks like he's teaching you about shielding lol.

#9 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:16 PM

Wow, some Very Useful comments have already been made. What does it for me is centering. I nag about centering as a basic, vital tool. We each experience our own feelings but the common denominator is centering to get them in the first place. Breathing into the belly so the lower abdomen extends, & focusing awareness on the process, are big aids. We know we're getting it when we are just comfortably aware of being ourself and not so aware of the body's twitches. we can ignore them in our quiet space.

Once we're comfortably centered, we sense with our gut, intuitively because we're using the energy body to feel with. Then we can feel with physical sensors. It overlaps.

Edited by Zombee, 21 August 2017 - 04:19 PM.

#10 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

Zombie you are absolutely right about centering. The advice you gave me is proving really valuable, still a work in progress but I'm beginning to work with it so thank you.

#11 JesterJedula

JesterJedula

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:05 PM

Thanks I'll definitely give the belly breathing a try!

#12 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

It's all still a work in progress for me too :)

#13 Guest_SorcererSupreme_*

Guest_SorcererSupreme_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:19 PM

4 hours before bed, preferably on a day you will be off from work, drink a cup of coffee.

Take some DMG (dimethyl glycine) Amazon sells it, L-Theanine, Choline, Galantamine, B-6, L-Tryptophan, Magnesium, cinnamon, and some Mugwort.

This will aid in either a lucid dream which can be converted into an astral projection, or it will initiate an astral projection.

You will go thru the preliminary stages of Sleep paralysis and the vibrations. Once in this stage, you will have access to the subtle body and can easily manipulate the energy thru your body as to where you want to feel it by simply concentrating on that area.

Robert Bruce has a book on Energy Work that explains how to manipulate energy thru a method called Tactile Stimulation, it takes time and practice but is geared towards noticing it while awake and not in the trance state, although it can lead to trance.

https://www.amazon.c...rk robert bruce

Edited by SorcererSupreme, 19 September 2017 - 06:24 PM.

#14 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:23 AM

4 hours before bed, preferably on a day you will be off from work, drink a cup of coffee.

Take some DMG (dimethyl glycine) Amazon sells it, L-Theanine, Choline, Galantamine, B-6, L-Tryptophan, Magnesium, cinnamon, and some Mugwort.

This will aid in either a lucid dream which can be converted into an astral projection, or it will initiate an astral projection.

If I had to take all that just to AP, I wouldn't bother.

Furthermore it does not sound like a good idea. 

Don't try this at home kids, would be my advise.

There is an Alzheimer drug and an attention deficit drug in there, and other things that if you just randomly mix together could be hazardous.

Where did you get this idea from SS?

When you say take some do you mean just take a random amount on the night of attempted AP or what?

On second thought, don't give dosages.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#15 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:29 AM

Some medications can definitely shut you down.  I didn't remember any of my dreams for five years or so.  I'm glad I was able to finally remove those medications from my regimen.  

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy