• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Bunnyhost

Bunnyhost

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:44 AM

I have recently developed a more heightened sense of clairsentience after having my baby, I'm not sure if this forum is even the proper place to ask about this but I'm sure if it's not some one will let me know 馃槄. I have recently begun having more intense feelings ( nausea, increased heart rate, extreme foreboding, general disconnect from reality, panic, along with ocasional visions). These things occur in specific places and I can tell it's coming from the residual energy from a place, my question is does anyone have any advice as to how I can better interpret or understand what's being presented to me? I do daily practices of communing with guides but I haven't really had much luck I feel like there is a scramble in the wires so to speak. I'm looking for any advice which would help me narrow down some perspective paths. Thanks for reading! Also please let me know if this is not an appropriate place to ask about this. -Mandy

#2 MuireAnne

MuireAnne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:03 AM

So I actually noticed a similar thing after having my kids. For me, it's usually strongest when connected with a person or a group of people rather than a place. I think I always had a little extra intuition but it seemed like becoming a mom really kicked it up a notch! I don't know if it's technically considered divination but I certainly use it that way. It gives me a lot of insight as to interpersonal situations and underlying motivations, that sort of thing...definitely my number one go to divination tool!

Not sure how old your kid(s) are but I noticed that as mine got older, I was sort of less physically affected by this. Like the nausea/anxiety type feelings became less of an issue and I learned to recognize the feeling without being 'run over' by it. If that makes any sense :)
I do still occasionally run into people who make me physically ill though..ick.

True magic is neither bad nor good. It is both, because nature is both; loving and cruel all at the same time. The only good or bad is in the heart of the witch. Life keeps a balance on its own. - Lirio

#3 Bunnyhost

Bunnyhost

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:03 AM

Thanks I appreciate your response, my kid is 2 and I have heard from other people that having babies can turn on or turn up a psychic switch. Good to know it gets more manageable! I recently took a trip to Sedona with my family and was so physically sick and had such bad bad vibes that I just wanted to leave. I hope to learn to let the feeling pass through and not absorb it.

#4 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

I learned to ground when incoming images and sensations flood me. It helped me a lot to become like a conduit and just let the vision flow on through without interpreting as it occurs. When the ride is over I can interpret without a problem. I sort of imagine it like the Witch of the West riding Dorothy's tornado to Oz...only I sink thru the twister to the earth...sort of.

As to clairsentience and divination ... They sure seem to me to be sides of the same coin. What's a Tarot reading for? I mean, both seem to arise from the over-soul/higher self, and I tend to think of pre cogs as remnants of the primal hunter's survival instinct.

Edited by Zombee, 21 August 2017 - 04:29 PM.

#5 Guest_SorcererSupreme_*

Guest_SorcererSupreme_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:01 AM

If it protects you or others from harm, then it's divination.

#6 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:06 AM

If it protects you or others from harm, then it's divination.

How so?

div路i路na路tion
藢div蓹藞n膩SH(蓹)n/
noun

1. the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means.
    synonyms: fortune telling, divining, prophecyprediction, soothsaying, auguryclairvoyancesecond sight
    "he looked to divination for guidance"

Having a foreknowledge of upcoming events could allow you to better protect yourself and others granted, but that is not in itself protection.

鈥婽o respond to the OP,  clairsentience  could definitely be used for divination.

Edited by Solanaceae, 19 September 2017 - 11:09 AM.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#7 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:36 PM

^ What Solanaceae said. Warding, protecting, and blocking is very different from divination. Basic witch terms 101. 

RSKHFMY

#8 Guest_SorcererSupreme_*

Guest_SorcererSupreme_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

Solanaceae-
If your divination shows you future events that could deprive you of life or limb and you take the necessary precautions then that is divination.

I don't know why anyone would think it's not divination.

What would you call it then?

#9 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:29 PM

Solanaceae-
If your divination shows you future events that could deprive you of life or limb and you take the necessary precautions then that is divination.

I don't know why anyone would think it's not divination.

What would you call it then?

Did you read Solanaceae's entire post - after the definition? Foreknowledge (divination) is different than the work of protection. You could have the knowledge & not do a damned thing about it. Two separate actions.

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#10 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:31 PM

Seeing said future events using a form of divination as defined above, is divination. Protecting yourself from said future evens is called protection, warding or blocking.

I will try this again.

div路i路na路tion
藢div蓹藞n膩SH(蓹)n/
noun

1. the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means.
    synonyms: fortune telling, divining, prophecyprediction, soothsaying, augury
    clairvoyancesecond sight
    "he looked to divination for guidance"

pro路tec路tion
pr蓹藞tekSH(蓹)n/
noun

1. the action of protecting someone or something, or the state of being protected.
    "the B vitamins give protection against infection"
    synonyms: defensesecurity, shielding, preservationconservationsafekeeping, safeguarding, safetysanctuaryshelterrefugeleeimmunityinsuranceindemnity More

• a person or thing that prevents someone or something from suffering harm or injury.
      "the castle was built as protection against the Saxons"
      synonyms: barrierbuffershieldscreenhedgecushionpreventativearmorrefugebulwark
      "good protection against noise"
    • a legal or other formal measure intended to preserve civil liberties and rights.
      plural noun: protections

#11 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:36 PM

Foreknowledge (divination) is different than the work of protection. You could have the knowledge & not do a damned thing about it. Two separate actions.

Exactly!

#12 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

Divination may warn you that all hell is about to break lose, but it can also tell you about the awesome day you're about to have. Divination is just about seeing the future, no matter what it is. What you do with the information (protection) is something else entirely.

#13 Guest_SorcererSupreme_*

Guest_SorcererSupreme_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:48 PM

Divination may warn you that all hell is about to break lose, but it can also tell you about the awesome day you're about to have. Divination is just about seeing the future, no matter what it is. What you do with the information (protection) is something else entirely.

Agreed.

#14 Bunnyhost

Bunnyhost

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:02 PM

Can divination also be seeing the past or concurrent other worldly energy? In my original post I was asking if Clairsentience is divination even if it's not about the future but a hypersensitivity to exsisting risidual energy that I think is from the past or present. I was also looking for ways to better interprate the energy with out it being so overwhelming.

#15 Guest_SorcererSupreme_*

Guest_SorcererSupreme_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

...interprate...

I don't understand what verb you are trying to use here.

Was it interpret?

Edited by SorcererSupreme, 19 September 2017 - 11:56 PM.

#16 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

Can divination also be seeing the past or concurrent other worldly energy? In my original post I was asking if Clairsentience is divination even if it's not about the future but a hypersensitivity to exsisting risidual energy that I think is from the past or present. I was also looking for ways to better interprate the energy with out it being so overwhelming.

That sounds more like energy perception to me. I would not describe that as divination. 

Let us see if I am understanding you correctly.

If you are in a 'haunted' location and you perceive residual energy or hear voices from the past that is perception of said energies.

If those voices or energies tell you things about the unknown, past present or future and you sought it out for that purpose then that could be considered divination.

Edited by Solanaceae, 19 September 2017 - 11:56 PM.

#17 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:57 PM

I don't understand what verb you are trying to use here.

I am sure they meant  interpret.

Edited by Solanaceae, 19 September 2017 - 11:57 PM.