22 replies to this topic

#21 StJohn

StJohn

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:12 AM

I made a cape once as a kid. Does that count?

I don't use any special clothing nowadays, though I am planning a tattoo for... serious work... later on.

אל תפחד

#22 woodwitchofthewest

woodwitchofthewest

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 07:30 PM

I wear whatever is comfortable, generally whatever it is that I'm wearing that day.  I do have a few more "witchy" pieces in my wardrobe that I have worn when in a group, and a woolen cloak with a hood as well.  But mostly it's jeans and a casual blouse or Tshirt for me.  

Edited to add:  I forgot, I do wear a fair bit of semi-precious gemstone jewelry, most of which I make myself!  That's my main type of "ritual wear."

Edited by woodwitchofthewest, 03 January 2020 - 01:14 AM.

If I were more clever, something interesting would appear here...

#23 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 02:12 PM

I find that adornments are great for keeping focus. Like if one is doing a working one can just walk in and do it. Or one can take a hot shower to relax and wash off the chaotic energy from the office, then have specific "things" they put on to start their working. While putting on these things and thinking and focusing on each item and its meaning and what it connects one to, and the relationships of all things, the mind is further honed and focused until by the time one is dressed one is already in an "altered state" and connected to the other worlds, and a good part of the working is thereby already done. 

For everyday, I do have some items I wear. Most are connections to allies. Yes, the allies are with me regardless, but wearing the items helps me to remember throughout the day that I am never alone in this world (or any other) and helps me to remember there is always a bigger picture behind-the-scene. The items also let other know (invisible others, and also others of my faith) who stands with me and what works with me and what they would answer to if they start something with me. Kind of like a wedding ring; it lets others know you are already "taken" lol, and it also reminds you daily of the one/s you love and your connection to him/her.