6 replies to this topic

#1 Khundekling

Khundekling

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:05 PM

I don't know what it is but recently I seem to be attracting a lot of bugs. I'm in England so nothing harmful, but still, they are annoying and I'm not a bug person. 

Started off with my kitchen being covered in maggots! They were spewing out of my bin.

Next I was repotting a new bamboo plant and a big arse bug of doom fell out! Turns out it was a mole cricket, which are very rare and endangered so had to report it, bug experts came round blah blah blah

Grasshoppers having a rave in my car.

Moths bombing my head in the night.

Flies seem to be constantly in my house.

(The Cat loves it, jumping everywhere trying to catch them. Might sign him up for some circus act).

So, has anyone got any tips to get these lot to F Off!?

life is better with a biscuit

#2 FooeynJomy

FooeynJomy

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

I think you have to make friends with the bugs I'm afraid! I live in England too and am thankful that our bugs are pretty mild compared to other countries!

My house backs on to a nature reserve, my garden is full of spiders and all sorts of creatures. This used to be oppressive to me. So many insects everywhere! So one night I spent time outside alone. I listened and stayed as open as possible. I did this for a few nights. And i could hear the creatures and feel our connection grow. 

This was valuable to me, to listen to them and understand where they were coming from. I learned a lot from those nights just spent listening and saw a lot of things that affected me deeply. After that I never jumped or felt put off by any insect. I see a spider on the washing line and I can say hello!

So, I would say the constant bombardment you are experiencing is a message, and one that will be valuable for you to listen to.

#3 Khundekling

Khundekling

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:56 PM

I don't mind bugs, just not a big fan. We always get big house spiders in the Autumn and I just pick them up and pop them back outside. But I've never experienced anything like this before. I'm getting them at work as well. I was thinking it was me attracting them, not them trying to tell me something. I will try what you suggested. I have a communal garden so it may raise some of the neighbours eyebrows, wondering what on earth I'm doing in the garden lol

#4 citoyenne

citoyenne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:16 AM

I don't think it would look too odd if you set up a lawn chair and just sat out. It's pretty common around here for people to just sit out and enjoy the night air, look at the sky, just be outside.

Mr. citoyenne had the pleasure of being "divebombed" by a cercropia moth the other night, about 4 or 5" across. He boasts to my great envy. They can get bigger but so uncommon to see. It's a delight whenever I get to see our different giant moths (which beat butterflies hands down one hundred and sixteen percent).

Just looked up that endangered mole cricket. It would be shocking at first to have it tumble out of your plants, but they look so fascinating, even cute, maybe half critter half bug.

I guess if you feel that you're experiencing and unusual amount of insects ask what they might be there for (aside from the treasures in your bin and your obviously superior club atmosphere in your car). Maggots and flies feed off decay, do you have a lot of dead energy around? Maybe something festering?

Moths and the moon are tied, but easily led astray by, well, anything that glows; are you chasing something that can't be caught? Have you been led astray by something glowy? Are you being drawn on a nocturnal journey to try and uncover some lunar mystery? I'd hope the latter. Moths seem to me the ultimate bohemians, chasing spiritual growth, going through monumental changes, getting sidetracked a lot but ultimately living up to the old adage that it's the journey that counts.

Grasshoppers are just downright lucky. Unless they're trapped in a car probably roasting... I guess. But I don't think there's a need to read too deeply into these little guys; maybe you're going to have luck while traveling. Maybe a fortunate leap forward ;)

If bugs don't bother you too much, then don't be too distressed. If there was nothing alive in your home at all, no bugs no nothin' that's when I'd be worried.

#5 Khundekling

Khundekling

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

Thanks citoyenne. The Mole Cricket certainly was an interesting one. I named it Adrian after Adrian Mole  ;)

I did some energy cleansing of a pendant using salt and sage in a container and it was a while before I buried the contents. The pendant was bought new so it shouldn't have absorbed too much negative energy. These bugs were appearing whilst I still had the container but never in the room that it was in. 

I thought to start it was just coincidence, as it was a bit warm and the bin was full. But there seems to be too many occurrences for it to be just coincidence.

The only thing that leads me astray that glows is my smartphone lol

I will spend some time in the garden and elsewhere and see what happens. Maybe it's just me over thinking it, I'm going through a bit of a, "everything happens for a reason" phase at the moment.

Just getting fed up of bitch slapping myself every time a bug flies in my face  <_< 

#6 citoyenne

citoyenne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:06 AM

Well glowy doesn't have to be literal. A cell phone could be a distraction for sure, but just anything that has novelty or distraction written all over it, a trivial or empty pursuit.

Sometimes things do happen for a reason, sometimes they don't. I do suggest you perfect a different technique for coping with bugs all up in your face. I bet the slapping is getting old.

#7 Khundekling

Khundekling

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:57 PM

Well, they've buggered off (pun intended). Didn't get a chance to have a chat with them, so I don't know if there was a message or not. But the more I think about it, the occurrence seemed to coincide with the used cleanse box I had lying around. When I got rid, so did the bugs, slowly. 

The next time I use a cleanse box I'll leave it for a few days before disposing and see if the same thing happens again.