• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:57 PM

Have many here noticed that in the past year, roughly since mid-April 2016, the sun is rising and setting further to the north? So it's NE and NW, no longer due east/west. I've lived in my house over 20 years. I now view sunrise over my neighbor's garage, socking me in the eye while i make coffee, when it used to come up and cast a tree's shadow across my east facing kitchen window. And I view sunset below the horizon from a north facing window in my living room, not the west picture window. My rose bush used to be in the house's shadow after 2 PM in the afternoon, give or take Daylight Saving Time. Now it is in full sun all afternoon and loving it.

I did some research & consensus seems to be the Earth has tilted further south on it's axis. This may account for some weather changes (besides HAARP messing around), flooding, volcanic activity, earth quakes and changes in migration patterns. For example, for 20 years I've enjoyed the Canada Geese late autumn flight almost directly over my house, and last autumn it wasn't. And for all my life I've looked up & toward the north to find the Big Dipper. Now I tilt my head back and look up.

When this first sank into my awareness, I felt wobbly brained. I thought I had to be nuts, in spite of what I saw with my own eyes. W?T?F!? The sun moved and nobody noticed? I staggered.

Edited by Zombee, 16 July 2017 - 02:06 PM.

#2 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:28 AM

I haven't noticed this myself--probably because I've moved every few years, but one thing that I have been hearing is that the sun's rays seem to be getting stronger. Several people that I know who never get sunburned have reported sunburns this year. Even through my sunscreen I seem to be tanning closer to the way I used to before I wore sunscreen, without even being in the sun all that much. I wonder if this could be related?

Our winters in NE Missouri are awful mild lately, too. Like..60s and 70s in Feb/March, even some in January, but cooler temps in April as the perpetual rain comes.

Edited by Madame, 17 July 2017 - 01:31 AM.

#3 Sengdroma

Sengdroma

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:41 PM

The earth is always changing its tilt. See the examples below:

For the past 5 million years, Earth's obliquity has varied between 22° 2′ 33″ and 24° 30′ 16″, with a mean period of 41,040 years. This cycle is a combination of precession and the largest term in the motion of the ecliptic. For the next 1 million years, the cycle will carry the obliquity between 22° 13′ 44″ and 24° 20′ 50″

Earth currently has an axial tilt of about 23.4°. This value remains about the same relative to a stationary orbital plane throughout the cycles of axial precessionBut the ecliptic (i.e., Earth's orbit) moves due to planetary perturbations and the obliquity of the ecliptic is not a fixed quantity. At present, it is decreasing at a rate of about 47" per century

​I'm not worried about it and most people would never notice it as not many look up and take note of what is happening around them, or like me they move around the world and so differences are taken as norm.

But yes it would affect the weather and seas etc especially when we take the moon stabilisation into account:

In the absence of the Moon, Earth's obliquity might vary only by about 20–25°. The Moon's stabilizing effect will continue for less than 2 billion years. Past that I'm not thinking about it.

Hope that helps.