• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

Just a heads up for anyone who might also be a member of AT: the forums are shutting down permanently on July 14th.

You will not be able to log in after that, so if you have saved messages or posts/threads in the paid areas you don't want to lose, save them asap.

The whole site will be kept online as a read-only resource, but the paid (non-public) sections of the forum will be completely inaccessible to everyone...

Edited by IslandBruja, 13 July 2017 - 09:34 AM.

#2 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:57 AM

That sucks. It's such a good source for finding out info
My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#3 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:20 PM

If anyone is interested, there's a new board with chat now at http://eclectic.jomay.com

#4 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:43 PM

Not sorry to hear it. The Nazi-sexist moderator was the reason I stopped posting, she would allow a post from a female that was sexist towards males, but when I brought attention to it, she slapped my hand and deleted my post. And if anything sexist was said against a female it got deleted...not that I did that, but I saw it. Then she started deleting my posts saying I said this or that, but I didn't say it...it was another poster.  SO...glad it is closed! Heh, second forum to close that gave me unjust troubles  :wickedwitch:

#5 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:53 AM

If anyone is interested, there's a new board with chat now at http://eclectic.jomay.com

There's also this one a lot of people from AT are using now apparently: http://cartomancy.forumotion.com/

ps - AutumnMoon, I'm not sure which mod you're referring to, but that forum was so huge with so many different mods for the different sections that I found it easy to avoid engaging with people who rubbed me the wrong way.

#6 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:29 PM

There's also this one a lot of people from AT are using now apparently: http://cartomancy.forumotion.com/

ps - AutumnMoon, I'm not sure which mod you're referring to, but that forum was so huge with so many different mods for the different sections that I found it easy to avoid engaging with people who rubbed me the wrong way.

I did not find that possible. She way over focused on any post I made, no matter where I made it, and deleted innocuous posts. I did not find the forum, for it's size, to have that many mods...just PITA ones. I found a number of other men on-line that had similar problems. One contacted the owner, but nothing was done. It seems that ATF was made by a woman for women, and that men were not welcome on the whole unless you wanted to be subservient and willing to take a beating. As far as I know all the mods were women, and if there were male mods, they did not last long there. Like I said, I for one am glad it folded, the chauvinist Nazi-feminists mods no longer have their little empire. Perhaps you will find this interesting - http://www.glennfwri...t/cartofem.html

Edited by Autumn Moon, 22 July 2017 - 06:45 PM.

#7 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:53 PM

I checked the 2nd link you provided, but it does not allow one to look at any section of the forum unless you register first. How does one know if they want to join if they can't see what they are getting into, or is another little empire starting to build? I think I'll stay away as I found many ATF members to way over analyze the minutia of every card resulting in a conglomeration of out of whack meanings for a card, and calling it intuition, when what really resulted was a bunch of gobbledygook.

#8 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:01 PM

Like I said, I for one am glad it folded, the chauvinist Nazi-feminists mods no longer have their little empire. Perhaps you will find this interesting - http://www.glennfwri...t/cartofem.html

Well, it didn't actually "fold" - the woman who founded it 17+ years ago just decided she no longer wanted to dedicate the large amount of time it required to keep things running smoothly (not from a modding perspective, but from the technical back end and business perspective since it was a subscription based site that she built from the ground up) and she didn't feel like selling the business and having to spend the time required to training a new owner. So she decided to just shut it down, but will leave it up for read-only reference.

As for the mods issue, they changed all the time so I'm not sure when the last time you were on there was, but I personally never saw exchanges like that (granted, I didn't visit or frequent all of the areas on the forum, so maybe I was just hanging out in a different neighborhood if it was still going on until recently :) ) Two of the three good friends I made from that site whom I keep in touch with externally are men so I'm sorry you had such a negative experience there...

I'll check out the link you posted when I get a chance.

As for the other site, yeah it is silly you can't see anything before you register, but I figure you could always register and check it out and if you don't like what you find, delete your account. I just haven't had the time and energy to check it out myself yet.

#9 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:55 AM

Well, it didn't actually "fold" - the woman who founded it 17+ years ago just decided she no longer wanted to dedicate the large amount of time it required to keep things running smoothly (not from a modding perspective, but from the technical back end and business perspective since it was a subscription based site that she built from the ground up) and she didn't feel like selling the business and having to spend the time required to training a new owner. So she decided to just shut it down, but will leave it up for read-only reference.

As for the mods issue, they changed all the time so I'm not sure when the last time you were on there was, but I personally never saw exchanges like that (granted, I didn't visit or frequent all of the areas on the forum, so maybe I was just hanging out in a different neighborhood if it was still going on until recently :) ) Two of the three good friends I made from that site whom I keep in touch with externally are men so I'm sorry you had such a negative experience there...

I'll check out the link you posted when I get a chance.

As for the other site, yeah it is silly you can't see anything before you register, but I figure you could always register and check it out and if you don't like what you find, delete your account. I just haven't had the time and energy to check it out myself yet.

To me, no longer having posting allowed is 'folding' - guess it's just semantics. I am aware of how the site operated in other ways, ie. paid vs non-paid, etc. It was more than awhile back I was there, but that mod had been there for ages...glad she lost her little empire. There were some very good posters there.

Edited by Autumn Moon, 24 July 2017 - 01:55 AM.