6 replies to this topic

#1 Deawic

Deawic

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:57 PM

so, bear with me guys, but you know how some may set water ( along with other stuff) outside to charge on a full moon? would a river, creek or other body of water, moving or not, be constantly imbued with the moons energy already? though I guess it would be a full cycle of energies... but wouldn't they be there or is it the intent to imbue the water that sets out the ability for the water to hold the moons energy?  is it possible that the energy is already in the water and simply invoking the moons energy within it could bring it out, without waiting for another full moon or new moon?  has anyone felt for the differences? I wish I could say I have but I'm just not that tuned up yet lol. maybe my line of thought with this is a bit off, but if anyone has any opinions on the subject id love to know!

#2 citoyenne

citoyenne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:26 AM

Other bodies of water would be full of the moon's energy, but also all kinds of other influences, the wind, the land, the creatures; I feel that the more movement in the water the more energies but also the more other kinds of energies. IE water from the ocean when it's crashing in full foam or a rushing river would be a mega punch of energy but the moon's energy would be a voice drowned (lol) in many. Flipside a stagnant puddle just feels dead. If you sourced your water from a still mountain lake, those beautiful clear bright gems, the energy is softer but if collected near the full moon you may find that it has a similar energy.

The act of making the moon water, you cleanse it first, you choose what energy to imbue it with, set it in a more controlled environment. You essentially get a more consistent product, there are fewer additional influences so fewer wildcards in your workings. If you're easy about these things a wildcard might add an extra oomph to your workings, but it may also derail in unexpected ways; like picking an unidentified spice and throwing it into a cake, it could be cloves (yum!) or it could be garlic powder (uh??)

That being said, if you're doing a working and you don't really have the time to wait a couple weeks for the full moon (or whatever moon you'd like really) to roll around you can use whatever water whose energies you feel are compatible with your working. If all you have is tap water I'd suggest letting it sit in an open container for several hours, like through the day or overnight so that the chlorine can evaporate out and the energies can settle. If your municipal water source uses chloramine you're out of luck, it doesn't evaporate, you're better off going down to that stream or whatever, or buying some spring water, but not distilled which I find also feels dead.

EDIT: PS if you do go the route of buying your water, know what the labeling requirements are in your area, make sure your spring water comes from a spring, if possible go for artesian which you can be certain is not just fancy bottled tap water. Lastly, buy your water conscientiously, there are towns in my country whose water supply has been bought by some big companies for pittances leaving the town without their own supply. That has got to be a wildcard in your working that you don't want (or maybe do?? up yours Aberfoyle and Elora!)

Edited by citoyenne, 15 May 2017 - 02:39 AM.

#3 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:09 AM

Mmm, Draja Mickaharic wrote a pretty good section on the different uses of waters in A Century of Spells.  He's a solid author and worth reading.

Yes, water is water, but I wouldn't use stagnant water from a swamp(cursing), or from a flooded river(destruction) in the place of water from Lourdes, if you know what I mean.  It takes a bit more than just intent to change the nature of something.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#4 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:29 PM

The condition of your local bodies of water makes a difference, too. For example, in my area it's all polluted, disgusting and full of farm runoff and city gunk. No stream, river or lake is safe here. The rivers have fishing advisories, you aren't supposed to even eat what you catch. If you're around more pristine water sources though, go for it!

Edited by Madame, 15 May 2017 - 09:30 PM.

#5 Deawic

Deawic

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:36 AM

im fortunate to be very close to a few clean springs and creeks nearby, but i didnt take time to consider all the other energies that may have been dormant as well... lol   having water from different bodies ( spring, river,swamp,lake) in similar containers and labeled may not be a bad way to tune into the energies, get a feel for them and try picking them out accordingly, as practice... thank you all for the input. up yours Aberfoyle    and Elora!                      

#6 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:06 PM

Any time a full moon falls on a Monday

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#7 Watersiren

Watersiren

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:48 AM

Any time a full moon falls on a Monday

I would add to that during the hour of the moon (hour ruled by the moon) which you can ascertain from an astrological table of hours - or http://www.lunarium....anets/hours.jsp

and other similar sites that chart such pertinent information.

Possibly use a silver or silver coloured vessel to collect.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moon water, moon, water