• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:34 PM

Ravenshaw, I've created a TW Chat group on Discord, set it private (invite only) and basic member levels (Admin, Moderator and Member with permissions to text chat / voice chat etc.)

Private means I have to generate an invite link - I'll post the link for you and other moderators later, then for members (and seekers) later if it all works.

It looks as if you can connect to discord by web browser or by Discord client, the latter offers some extra features - allegedly!

Discord requires you to register an account using your email and you set a display name for your account - I'd suggest people use the email they registered here and use their displayname her as discord username to helpp us identify legitimate joiners and assign them to the appropriate user group.

I'll post more in private areas here once I'm ready to test it out.  So far it's been pain free to setup and may be the best option.

The Blab chat option will take longer as it needs the TW database to be changed, then the Blab software added and integrated with our database - it then uses userrgroup permissions here to allow members to use it - no registering elsewhere, but possible slow down of server etc.

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#42 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:12 PM

Sounds good to me. Thanks again for taking the time to look into this! Fingers crossed it works

RSKHFMY

#43 Watersiren

Watersiren

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:48 PM

We shall all wait for an invite if deemed worthy Droghon :).

With Discord, it can also be accessed via a web browser as long as one has an invite link.

#44 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:58 PM

Watersiren,

Droghon set it up - no "individual invitation" necessary. Look here for the link: http://www.tradition...rd-chat-server/

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website