• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:13 PM

Aurelian's set up a "TW Chat" on Facebook. Anyone that's friends with either of us (or Tana), holler at us in a FB message and we'll add you. Be aware, even though we can give you your TW handle as a "nickname" the name you use on your Facebook profile will show up on the "who's in the group".

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#22 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:54 AM

I don't think anyone who knows me would be surprised to find me in such a group tbh

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#23 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:25 PM

We have a chat set up, for the time being, and we did find a way to turn the notifications off.  I use my computer, not phone, but I can understand how it would be quite annoying.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#24 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:09 AM

I do not book the face! People can find you, so nope, double and super nope.  Have fun for what it's worth.

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#25 KnellDragon

KnellDragon

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

Will say discord is pretty great. While I mostly lurk here I find the discord server easier to engage with especially in the active servers of 100+. Plenty of running witchcraft servers for every path. Setting up a new server is super easy. Even better you can keep yourself anonymous. One downside is that if a troll gets access to server entry code you get a raid but as long as the mods are active they can be banned before they start screaming burn the witch.

#26 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:11 PM

Christine, you could just make a fake account, many people do that.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#27 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:12 AM

I can't lie about my name...

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#28 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:04 AM

Another vote for Discord. It's relatively easy to use and no one would have to worry about their real name.
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#29 Turncoat

Turncoat

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:23 PM

+1 for Discord as well. Facebook is mehh.

Tell me strange things.

#30 Astralsailor

Astralsailor

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

Discord is great, I'm all for it!

If anyone is concerned about privacy enough to be sceptical of discord I could offer and alternative.

http://alpha.stryve.io/ is a self-hosted new alternative to Discord.

If it's of any interest I would be willing to host a server on my webhotel so there are no hosting fees. 

#31 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

I'm not on Friendface so wouldn't be able to join in chats/groups there.

(But I have no idea what Discord is...)

It would be great to be able to chat with y'all again though.

#32 Jessica

Jessica

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

For those not too familiar, Discord is basically a Skype-esque communication platform, with a focus more related to gaming networking than purely communications (as Skype is). It allows for in-game overlays and things like that, but it is 100% compatible as a purely communications platform, and in my opinion is a lot better than Skype in that regard, as it draws less resources than Skype does and it's just a nice user interface overall.

You don't need to use your personal information to identify yourself (name, location, etc- unless this has changed recently) and you can be involved in multiple channels simultaneously. I'm not a part of any witch-related Discord communities, but they are out there. Channels are pretty easy to set up and maintain, and you can appoint multiple mods and admins to keep the peons in line.  :P  

Personally, I am not a fan of Facebook, I've had it deactivated for a few years now. I'm pretty asocial and reclusive, but the few times I do go off to chat, it's usually on Skype or Discord, the latter being my personal preference. Discord has text based chats, voice chat channels, and the ability to call users and create group calls, I believe. I can't remember if there is video chat enabled yet, been a while since I booted it! 

Hope this helps!  ^_^

#33 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

So is there a Discord group set up for TW?

#34 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:22 PM

Is there a group on FB / Discord? Still running I mean.