• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:04 AM

Very sad to report that the Chat application was discontinued by Invision Board  systems on 2nd May

I just found this out over on their owners forum, there hadn't been an announcement about this and got the information from a staff member over there

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#2 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:38 PM

Oh, too bad :(  Thanks for letting us know, Droghon!

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#3 Yex

Yex

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:02 AM

I wonder if there'd be a way to set up a chat on a third-party site, if the demand is high enough...?

Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
But the heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

#4 citoyenne

citoyenne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:47 AM

Oh boo!

Duchess... What will happen to our arguments?? 

#5 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:40 PM

We'll need to find an alternative medium for arguing, before they spill over into the forum!

Edited by Duchess, 11 May 2017 - 06:41 PM.

#6 Watersiren

Watersiren

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:26 AM

Has anyone ever given Discord or other such voip clients?

Maybe we could set up a server, if the demand was there.

#7 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

This may be a stupid or bad suggestion- but thought I'd throw it out there.  This was my first forum- so Im certainly no expert from that end AND I try to avoid Facebook like I try to avoid Walmart, so I know less about Facebook than I do forums:).   

I am not familiar "Discord" and such so that may be a better solution.

That said.  I know you can create a Facebook group that is "secret" in that it can only be seen by its members.  (The community we live in has one.)

The page could be linked here. And of course there is Facebook messenger.  So, it occurred to me- if the powers that be wanted to and folks were interested, a Facebook group could be created and the chat type function there could be used in lieu of our missing chat piece.   

https://www.facebook...249596111818806

For those very concerned with anonymity- It is super easy to make a pseudonym FB page for individuals by the way- I started one years ago that I thought I would use to socialize with other witches.  All you need is an email that is different than the one you use for your public/main profile.  (I never ended up using mine - but it still exists under the name Rhiannon Ravenwood- LOL!.)

Anyway- just a thought- I am sure the more tech savvy here will come up with something better.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#8 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:46 PM

(I never ended up using mine - but it still exists under the name Rhiannon Ravenwood- LOL!.)

Oroboros knows that I love her and therefore I am sure will not take this personally, but....

Bahahahaha!!!!!!

:roflhard:  :roflhard:  :roflhard:  

I hardly ever post anything on FB, but I'm going to add you.

Edited by Solanaceae, 02 June 2017 - 04:49 PM.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#9 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

Oroboros knows that I love her and therefore I am sure will not take this personally, but....

Bahahahaha!!!!!!

:roflhard:  :roflhard:  :roflhard:  

I hardly ever post anything on FB, but I'm going to add you.

Exactly!  That's really bad I know- lol.  I thought someone might enjoy that.   :D :D  :D

#10 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

Oro can add me :) Solanacae too.   Just send me  a PM.

Edited by Aurelian, 03 June 2017 - 08:29 PM.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#11 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:22 AM

I've had my facebook deactived for a while, but I'd come back for this. Now to see if  can remember my password...Oroboros, if you're starting something up, mind PMing me and adding me in?

#12 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:53 AM

I've had my facebook deactived for a while, but I'd come back for this. Now to see if  can remember my password...Oroboros, if you're starting something up, mind PMing me and adding me in?

Well, first before any of that happens i need to change my freaking pseudonym on there. :rolleyes:

Second, it was a suggestion.  I don't want to step on anyone's toes.  I'm still not even technically a full member here.  We need a mod to chime in here.  If TW wants to make a private FB group, that's great.  If TW is okay with being associated with a private FB group that myself or one of us makes, that's great.  If TW wants nothing to do with it-  I can look into creating something, but someone else better come up with the name  :D.  So RS, MW, Droghorn, or one of you guys- what do you think?  And if we did do something not associated with TW- I'm not sure how to let people here know short of PMs.  I guess in that case we could make small groups and people could let the folks they tend to interact with know.  But, I won't do anything without some input from the staff here.

This is just brainstorming.

But, of course Duchess, if this goes anywhere, and I have anything to do with it I will let you know.:)

#13 Yex

Yex

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:30 AM

I like the idea of a facebook group, but I'm not sure how that would work for a chat feature. Yeah, you could use the facebook messenger feature and just do a huge group chat with everyone in it, but then wouldn't you get notifications (on your phone, etc) every time anyone ever used the chat? 

Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
But the heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

#14 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:57 AM

Not sure Yex.  Last I knew you can choose to not get mobile notifications.  But, that's a good point to check into and consider if the idea goes anywhere.  

I know the way mine is set up I only get mobile notifications on my phone from FB messenger app, which is signed in to my "real" FB account.   But the messaging function on the bogus account still works just fine when I'm signed in to FB under that account.  

#15 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:21 AM

As a short term solution while I look at otheroptions, I have no problem with yyou creating a facebook group for chat and using PMs here to notify people of it.  If giving a link to it I suggest linking in the private members/seekers forum which will prevent guests etc joining it

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#16 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:39 AM

Myself and a few others are quite experienced at working FB groups, I'm sure we can work something out.

#17 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:47 AM

THAT- would probably be best:).

#18 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:18 PM

Necessarily, we don't even need to have a group.  I can set up a group chat, I just need to know whom to add.

#19 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:40 PM

Aur, are those things scheduled or just whomever happens to be online? You can add me if it's the latter.

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#20 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

Either/or.  I'll leave it up to the ladies that like to set up group chats to schedule those.  Add as you please, MW, just getting this started.