• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LumenRose

LumenRose

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:09 AM

Hi all! I had great success with curing my tonsillitis this week so I thought I would share the amazing tincture I created! I was visiting my parents this week (I live in England and they live in Ireland) so I had limited access to supplies and had to ransack my mother's herb and spice cabinet! I would have used fresh herbs etc if I had been at home, but it worked like a charm! On Monday night my tonsils were swollen and had yellow spots all over. It was difficult to swallow and very painful. On Tuesday morning I went to the doctor and she couldn't believe the difference when I showed her the picture from the night before! Her words were "Whatever you have been doing, keep doing it!" I ended up not needing antibiotics like I have done in the past!  I took 3 tablespoons of this mixture at a time (it is disgusting, but it works!), when I couldn't stomach it I just added some to water. I was completely cured within 48 hours!

Tonsillitis Tincture

Ingredients:

Cumin Powder

Ginger Powder

One Lemon

Manuka Honey

Whiskey

Boil up approx 3 tbs of cumin and 1 tbs of ginger. I did this for around 15 mins and put my intention of healing in to the mixture as I stirred.

Pour the mixture in to a cup and allow all the 'gunk' to settle then pour again (you could use a cheese cloth to separate this but as I mentioned I had limited access).

Add the juice of one lemon, a tbs of manuka honey and a good Irish measure of whiskey ;)

#2 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

I like this! We always did salt gargles and lots of garlic too

RSKHFMY

#3 Cameo

Cameo

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:49 AM

That is great, tonsillitis is hard as a child, but a real nightmare as an adult. Manuka honey is a favorite of mine.

#4 Hanilii

Hanilii

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:21 PM

We always as children got ground goldenseal blown on the back of the throat, then local wilde honey with dash of whiskey, and ground ginger tea 30 minute later. It was 3 times a day. I continues it with my sons. The cumin would be similar to goldenseal as a probiotic.

#5 NorthernPilgrim

NorthernPilgrim

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:37 AM

As someone who gets this problem once a year, I sincerely thank you for your recipe.