• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:03 AM

So, I am planning a major working and, although I typically avoid deities and take a "no gods no masters" approach to my craft, I think I'm going to need some help with this endeavor. What I'm trying to do is throw a proverbial wrench into a situation that is going to have awful results if it's allowed to proceed and mundane attempts to stop it have been fruitless.

I'm familiar with Principea Discordia, "Discordianism," Illuminatus! Triligy, etc but I'm nit doing something silly and lighthearted here...I'm wondering if anyone has any advice about approaching this deity before I go and cause big disruptions elsewhere, haha. I've felt her influence before but shied away before going down the rabbit hole. If anyone has worked with different but similar entities and feel like sharing, please do.

#2 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:18 AM

I've worked with Dionysus before, and through him discovered that there is more than one brand of chaos. It sounds like this is a "chaos/disruption for a good cause" rather than "chaos/disruption for the giggles or its own sake", and that is what Dionysus excels at; he is the god of the type of madness and freedom from inhibition commonly associated with drunkenness and anarchy. He does a lot to make sure people loosen up enough that they don't make bad choices because their heads are so far up their rear-ends that they can't see reason. If you think it might be possible, I would consider consulting him first, just because its a type of disruption that's easier to point in one direction and he isn't as likely to come back and mess with your end of things as Eris would be.

Furthermore, payment for him is generally straightforward (for me at least). Whenever I've worked with him, he's only asked for offerings of booze. Depending on the size of your working, he may ask for some expensive champagne or wine, or an entire bottle of Jack or vodka. Either way, I've found him to be fairly agreeable and willing to intercede without ulterior motives or other plans of his own.

#3 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:02 AM

I've worked with Dionysus before, and through him discovered that there is more than one brand of chaos. It sounds like this is a "chaos/disruption for a good cause" rather than "chaos/disruption for the giggles or its own sake", and that is what Dionysus excels at; he is the god of the type of madness and freedom from inhibition commonly associated with drunkenness and anarchy. He does a lot to make sure people loosen up enough that they don't make bad choices because their heads are so far up their rear-ends that they can't see reason. If you think it might be possible, I would consider consulting him first, just because its a type of disruption that's easier to point in one direction and he isn't as likely to come back and mess with your end of things as Eris would be.

Furthermore, payment for him is generally straightforward (for me at least). Whenever I've worked with him, he's only asked for offerings of booze. Depending on the size of your working, he may ask for some expensive champagne or wine, or an entire bottle of Jack or vodka. Either way, I've found him to be fairly agreeable and willing to intercede without ulterior motives or other plans of his own.

I didn't think of Dionysus! He might be a great option. I have a nice little stash of wine, could be a great time. There are some destructive elements to this working, which is why I was thinking Eris would be ideal, but she is a head trip and a half to put it mildly. Last time she hung around was equally the best and worst summer of my entire life and I didn't even ask for anything or encourage her (too much anyway).

Edited by Madame, 09 February 2017 - 05:02 AM.