5 replies to this topic

#1 Anara

Anara

aspire beyond fear of death (Bhairavi)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:27 PM

Does anyone here, by chance, have this deck from Germany? I just got it in the mail and am having trouble figuring out some of the astrological symbols on the cards. I cannot locate an accompanying book online to purchase (even if I could it would be in German and I don't read German, so I'd have to struggle through translating anyway), and I can't seem to find any websites with relevant info on the deck. The numbered cards from 1-12 are the astrological houses and I've identified all of the zodiac signs, it's just a few of the planetary associations that appear to be problematic in identifying.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows a bit about this deck and would be willing to share. :)

Edited by Anara, 02 February 2017 - 09:29 PM.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#2 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:44 PM

Essential Lenormand by Rana George has an excellent reputation. It's what I plan to learn with.

#3 Anara

Anara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:52 PM

Yeah, I have that book and I agree, it is a good one to learn from! You'll love that book.

However, I don't think the info. I need will be in that particular one. I'll go back through it and double-check though. Thanks for adding your thoughts.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#4 Anara

Anara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:00 PM

This might be helpful-Here are the three that I have not identified yet. The astrological symbol, of course, is in the upper right hand corner of each card. The third one (the whip) may be showing a lunar node, maybe?

Edit to add: I think the 1st one (cross card) might be depicting a symbol for Ceres after just looking through a book of symbols I have. Uh, I think the scythe card would have been a great choice for Ceres too, if that is what this one is (scythe, instead, aligns with the 8th astrological house in this deck, which also makes sense, I guess...).  The second one (coffin) could possibly be a version of Pluto's symbol???

Attached Files

Edited by Anara, 02 February 2017 - 10:38 PM.

#5 Deawic

Deawic

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:29 PM

The cross card seems like it has other a Jupiter symbol or an upside down Saturn.. I'm not sure about the middle but the end is definitely an ascending lunar node. Now I'm curious too lol. Let us know how the deck works for you when you get a feel for it?

#6 Anara

Anara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:18 PM

Hey Deawic-

Ok, I think I'm confident that from left to right you have Ceres, Pluto (Pluto was the Roman God of the underworld and judge of the dead...so that makes sense that the author matched it with the coffin card), then a card depicting the ascending lunar node, like you said.

So far, I kind of like this particular deck. It is not taking long for me to connect with it on some level, so that's always a good sign. I will say I don't like the card stock so much-it feels a bit flimsy to me-but that's o.k.