• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Agony

Agony

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:44 PM

Just incase anyone was wondering, there's a solar eclipse that's going to be visible across the U.S. in August 2017. 

There's an entire website dedicated to what times and days it may be visible in certain areas. 

The website is called "eclipse2017".

below is a picture of the areas where the eclipse will be visible. 

Attached Files

Agony

#2 Anubha

Anubha

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:32 PM

Thank you for this info!

#3 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:30 AM

Fortunately for me I have less than 50 miles to go to catch it :D already have camping plans.

#4 Yex

Yex

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:12 PM

Thanks for sharing! After reading up on it, I'm already beginning to make plans for August to go down to Oregon and check it out! 

Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
But the heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

#5 Asphodel

Asphodel

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

My hometown is getting a lot of tourism from this eclipse. All hotels booked, all campgrounds, all B&Bs, everything. I'm actually conflicted about the fact I don't live there anymore and can't be there for this. They're getting a front row seat. But, at the same time.....I do NOT want to fight the influx of people to the area.

#6 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

Bump for upcoming relevance

RSKHFMY

#7 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:31 AM

I'm five hours away, and there is very little that will stop me from seeing this. Of course, once I was finally approved for time off it was too late to book any accommodations, so I'm doing a 2:00am road trip to make it down. Anyone else have crazy plans to go see it?

#8 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:46 PM

Where will you be going to see it?

RSKHFMY

#9 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

I'm five hours away, and there is very little that will stop me from seeing this. Of course, once I was finally approved for time off it was too late to book any accommodations, so I'm doing a 2:00am road trip to make it down. Anyone else have crazy plans to go see it?

In February I was making plans to go camping with a group, but all of the nearby campsites that accept reservations filled up within hours of the calendar opening  :blink: they chose a spot way too far for me to justify, so I'm planning on driving my car north into the path of totality (it's only 15 minutes from my apartment) until I find the right, secluded county road to park off of. There's half of a million people expected to descend into the parts of my metro where it's happening, I figure some random county road in the area not being advertised as heavily might make logistics easier on me.

#10 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:43 PM

Where will you be going to see it?

I will be driving down to Salem, or some where close by, hopefully finding some place to park, and nabbing a coffee until the eclipse.

#11 Yex

Yex

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:39 PM

Whew! It wasn't easy doing it this late in the game, but I was able to find a hotel room in Newport, Oregon for the night before the eclipse. I'm going to go down with my wife and daughter to watch the eclipse on the beach, and I'm planning on charging some lunisolar water that I've been steeping with gold and silver. 

Edited by Yex, 10 August 2017 - 06:39 PM.

Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
But the heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moon magic, moon ritual, eclipse