• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 VedgeWitch

VedgeWitch

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:10 PM

Very good and very interesting points are made here. I have never cast circle for my practice and never really felt the need to, but as I move onto bigger things, such as working with spirits who are not my ancestors or my patron, I wonder if perhaps it wouldn't be prudent. I also have a hard time truly focusing sometimes and maybe actually casting a circle would help my focus and concentration. That being said, like Phaedra said, the term chaos magic doesn't really resonate with me and it's mainly for the same reason they stated. 

#22 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:22 AM

No Ceremony, no circles, I do have an altar that I stand at to do my workings. I work mostly in my head, not so much aloud. Unless I am sure I am alone.
I feel that I have to be discrete when I do a working near the Lake or in the forest, privacy is a problem.

#23 Hunter

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 05:18 PM

I started off casting circles, but they just made me uncomfortable so I stopped. Now I just do my own thing which suits me & still works just as well.
Nature is complicated. There are no "rules" & it's only when we understand that that we can truly grow to appreciate it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tradition, Chaos