Photo
- - - - -

Queen of Sweden & her live-in ghost companions...

Haunted Haunting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:08 AM

The longest serving queen in Sweden says the Palace is full of friendly ghosts :ghost: (& the King's sister affirms it, too)

https://www.theguard...s-drottningholm

I'm curious if any of our Swedish forum members (or people who've visited Sweden) have been to the Palace or have seen the documentary they refer to in the article? Is it a worthwhile watch? And what were your impressions of the Royal Palace?

Sorry if this is random, I just thought it was interesting, especially coming so publicly from international dignitaries... (perhaps it's much different in Scandinavia, but I don't know if any US politician would openly and seriously admit to ghosts in their house! (and yes, I know there is a big difference between royals and politicians, but we don't have any equivalent here for a direct comparison))

Edited by IslandBruja, 07 January 2017 - 03:40 PM.

#2 Graywolf

Graywolf

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

I have heard about it :) I live in the country next to Sweden (in Denmark), but I have not had the opportunity to visit the palace yet. 

I think it's very interesting, and it would not surprise me if the place was hunted, because I have heard, and know of a lot of hunted places here in Scandinavia (most danish of course haha). There are a lot of storys to these places :)

And what I can say from here in Denmark, well yes there are more about hunted stuff and so in the media now than before, it's both awesome and not, most not, beacause people here like to hate on those who belive in the paranormal, or are witches, I know a witch who ones was on tv, and the reaction from most people here was: "You are completely insane! Someone lock that man up in a mental hospital!" - But that's a very different story :P

But yeah, it's more normal to here about huntings know in Scandinavia. 

(sorry misspelling :) )

But I have not had the opportunity to visit the palace

But I have not had the opportunity to visit the palace

#3 Eira

Eira

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:57 PM

The longest serving queen in Sweden says the Palace is full of friendly ghosts :ghost: (& the King's sister affirms it, too)

https://www.theguard...s-drottningholm

I'm curious if any of our Swedish forum members (or people who've visited Sweden) have been to the Palace or have seen the documentary they refer to in the article? Is it a worthwhile watch? And what were your impressions of the Royal Palace?

Sorry if this is random, I just thought it was interesting, especially coming so publicly from international dignitaries... (perhaps it's much different in Scandinavia, but I don't know if any US politician would openly and seriously admit to ghosts in their house! (and yes, I know there is a big difference between royals and politicians, but we don't have any equivalent here for a direct comparison))

I know the post is a few months old but I saw the documentary about the castle and its history recently. If you're interested in history, it's a wonderful documentary that puts the castle and the surroundings into a bigger historic perspective. But the stories about ghosts or the castle being haunted is extremely brief, about 2 minutes long, and don't tell much more than what most articles reveal.

Around here, it's almost a sign of humility if royalty (or famous people) talk about subjects like the paranormal, it simply gives the audience something to relate to. Sweden is an atheist country, I can imagine it being no bigger deal than any sort of religious faith. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Haunted, Haunting