• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:04 AM

It's a new British Netflix show that centers around 2 young women who can see demons (previous meds kept these "hallucinations" at bay). If you like British humour, I think it's pretty damn hilarious (although I'm not crazy about the title...)

I've only seen the first 2 episodes so I can't give it a definitive recommendation, but thus far it's interesting and funny.

On a side note, the way they visually portray a demon leaving someone's body is uncannily similar to Supernatural, which is a show I know they used a lot of actual lore and occult history to write (I've only seen up to Season 2 so no spoilers! :P )

Anyway, I've never studied any demonology, summoning, nor exorcisms so I'm curious if this visual similarity is simply an homage, or if there are actual historical descriptions of this phenomenon that bear some kind of resemblance to the way these 2 shows depict it?

#2 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:50 AM

First off the important stuff- Supernatural only gets better- so catch up. :) Now somewhere in the most recent two seasons either I Iost interest or they hit a slump- but before that awesome.  AND their father is the dude that plays "Negan" on The Walking Dead- which is hugely upsetting to me because I found him very sexy in "Supernatural", "Grey's Anatomy" and as the dad in "The Possession" but TWD is making me want to kick his ass.  Preferably with a bat wrapped in barbed wire.

That said- I don't know the answer to that specific question but I have had a spirit repeatedly show itself to me as looking very much like the black column of smoke thing in "Paranormal Activity" and it made me wonder if that's what it really looks like or is it plucking that imagery out of my head and using it?  

Edited by Oroboros, 27 December 2016 - 04:51 AM.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#3 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:09 PM

Strangely, vampires, werewolves, etc. are no problem but I can't handle zombies - so no Walking Dead for me! (that said, I *love* iZombie but it doesn't have (much of) the zombie elements I can't stand, so...)

My SO & brother love TWD though, so I'm aware of what you're referring to (I personally don't find Jeffrey Dean Morgan sexy, and thought they should have chosen a different leading man for a movie that has one of my favorite characters (Jensen :lol: ) but since you like him you may enjoy it even more: The Losers.
(as an aside, I was reminded of this hilarious and apropos post from my favourite Tumblr: http://socialmagicre...ultists-and-you )

As for the original topic - Crazyhead (they really need to change the damn name: it's stupid and doesn't fit the tone/subject of the show AT ALL) - it continues to be funny and interesting in oh-so-British ways... :rofl:

Edited by IslandBruja, 29 December 2016 - 09:11 PM.