13 replies to this topic

#1 FlyingPeregrine

FlyingPeregrine

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

Does anyone know of any herbs that promote weight loss? Since having my baby, I have been at a loss at trying to lose weight. It would be really nice to see results for my efforts of losing weight

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flying Peregrine

#2 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:11 PM

Chickweed! You can eat it, or take it in a tincture form. It helps dissolve fat cells.

Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#3 FlyingPeregrine

FlyingPeregrine

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:58 PM

Now to find it... We're not going to have much up here due to the snow. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flying Peregrine

#4 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:47 AM

Check a health store or order the tincture online, just make sure it was made with the fresh plant. A lot more palatable as a plant, it tastes kind of like spinach, but the tincture will do you until it comes back!

#5 Corax

Corax

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:07 PM

Well first of all, lots of water! Increasing your water intake helps flush your body and keep you hydrated. 

-Turmeric helps your body burns fat

-Cinnamon and ginger balances blood sugar and curbs appetite 

Adding these spices to your meals would greatly aid in healthy weight loss, and of corse, drinking teas is also a must. I start everyday with a glass out green tea, maybe one in the afternoon when I'm spending some time outside, and one before bed. Green tea boosts your metabolism and aids in digestion. 

Sage Tea: great to combat stressful weight

-handful of fresh sage (2 tsps dried)

-8 oz. boiling water

-lemon for taste

(I've used my homegrown pineapple sage for this and it was so good)

Ginger and Green Tea: This tea combines the benefits of ginger (which aids digestion) as well as the catechins and theanine found in green tea.

Catechins is the anti-oxidant found most abundantly in green tea and helps stop absorption of lipids during digestion.

Theanine is an amino-acid that triggers a release of dopamine which helps stop stress eating. 

-1/2 inch of ginger root peeled or finely chopped

-1 tsp of green tea (can open a tea bag and use contents)

-8 oz. of boiling water

-honey for taste and sweetness

Put ginger and green tea in a strainer or sieve of some sort and steep for 3-4 minutes.

Light exercise, amazing teas, and healthy eating habits will no doubt help you get back to where you want to be :)

Hope this helps!

"If you want to be a witch, you first must die." - Sarah Anne Lawless

#6 FlyingPeregrine

FlyingPeregrine

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:09 PM

As I was doing research, I found Garcinia Gummi-Gutta. It is a tropical fruit that aids in weight loss. Supposedly it blocks the ability to make fat while you use it with it's active ingredient hydroxycitric acid. 

That being said, if you're taking anything that is an anti-depressant type medication or supplement, you should be careful because there are reports of developing Serotonin Syndrome. 

I've checked all of my local health stores and still no chickweed, but this seems to be a good alternative!

Flying Peregrine

#7 FlyingPeregrine

FlyingPeregrine

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:11 PM

Well first of all, lots of water! Increasing your water intake helps flush your body and keep you hydrated. 

-Turmeric helps your body burns fat

-Cinnamon and ginger balances blood sugar and curbs appetite 

Adding these spices to your meals would greatly aid in healthy weight loss, and of corse, drinking teas is also a must. I start everyday with a glass out green tea, maybe one in the afternoon when I'm spending some time outside, and one before bed. Green tea boosts your metabolism and aids in digestion. 

Sage Tea: great to combat stressful weight

-handful of fresh sage (2 tsps dried)

-8 oz. boiling water

-lemon for taste

(I've used my homegrown pineapple sage for this and it was so good)

Ginger and Green Tea: This tea combines the benefits of ginger (which aids digestion) as well as the catechins and theanine found in green tea.

Catechins is the anti-oxidant found most abundantly in green tea and helps stop absorption of lipids during digestion.

Theanine is an amino-acid that triggers a release of dopamine which helps stop stress eating. 

-1/2 inch of ginger root peeled or finely chopped

-1 tsp of green tea (can open a tea bag and use contents)

-8 oz. of boiling water

-honey for taste and sweetness

Put ginger and green tea in a strainer or sieve of some sort and steep for 3-4 minutes.

Light exercise, amazing teas, and healthy eating habits will no doubt help you get back to where you want to be :)

Hope this helps!

I'd have to go with more green tea (of which I have been doing) because we're currently in the steps of getting my body ready to go with a new pregnancy- part of the reason I'm looking to lose weight. I had gestational diabetes while pregnant with my son and am wanting to reduce my risks. Sage actually is dangerous for a pregnant woman because it forces the shedding of the lining.

Flying Peregrine

#8 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:25 PM

What about cutting out bread and refined carbs?

#9 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:19 PM

Capsaicin, the chemical that makes peppers spicy, is great for increasing metabolism and digestion and makes you feel great when you maintain a regular level in your body.  Powdered peppers are better for you than hot sauces because you don't have to deal with the acid from the vinegar.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#10 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:58 AM

Capsaicin, the chemical that makes peppers spicy, is great for increasing metabolism and digestion and makes you feel great when you maintain a regular level in your body.  Powdered peppers are better for you than hot sauces because you don't have to deal with the acid from the vinegar.

Is there any specific method of ingestion you recommend beyond powdered peppers.  As in, do you use a certain hot pepper?  Do they make capsaicin capsules and if so would you recommend that?  Just curious- this sounds interesting to me.

---------

On the cinnamon and ginger note- I get reactive hypoglycemia - whenever this gets worse then usual I go back on a chromium and cinnamon supplement.  I can attest that that combination at least, does help stabilize blood sugar and therefore aids in preventing cravings for me.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#11 Corax

Corax

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:33 PM

I'd have to go with more green tea (of which I have been doing) because we're currently in the steps of getting my body ready to go with a new pregnancy- part of the reason I'm looking to lose weight. I had gestational diabetes while pregnant with my son and am wanting to reduce my risks. Sage actually is dangerous for a pregnant woman because it forces the shedding of the lining.

Oh my bad, I was not aware you were getting pregnant again.

"If you want to be a witch, you first must die." - Sarah Anne Lawless

#12 FlyingPeregrine

FlyingPeregrine

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:49 PM

Oh my bad, I was not aware you were getting pregnant again.

I should have said something at the beginning of the post, Corax. That's my bad, in all honesty.

Flying Peregrine

#13 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:12 AM

capsaicin also is good for bowel motility during pregnancy, however can cause unwanted stress and ...burn

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#14 Levinthross

Levinthross

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:57 PM

Another word on ginger making the tea from freshly grafed or chopped root and drinking once or twixce a day on a enpty stomach helps clear your bowels of clay bettering nutrient absorption and i feel i.proving metabolism