• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:54 AM

The way I understand it is that ammonia acts as a cleansing agent to cleanse away the present situation, while the turning over or reversing of the bottle and writing (reversing the writing and turning it upside down) represents turning the situation around to it's opposite.

Ammonia can also be used in floor washes and in cleansing baths - in greatly reduced quantity such as a teaspoon to a bathtub. This stuff is strong, and you have to be very careful when using undiluted ammonia.

Ammonia can be used as a substitute for urine because urine contains urea which is related to ammonia. But I have not heard of urine being used as a substitute in an ammonia jar - I guess you could in a pinch, but I'm not sure it would contain enough urea (ammonia) to turn the situation around. If one's urine has a strong ammonia odour, then there is a kidney and/or diet issue.

For an ongoing situation, even once turned around, keep the ammonia jar, for example a house that is always rented out to people who disrupt your peace. Otherwise, once the situation is turned around, some use the traditional hoodoo disposal methods of running water or crossroads. I don't do that, and instead pour the ammonia down the drain (we have a septic tank), and throw the paper into the trash, or let it dry and burn it. The bottle can be washed and reused.

There you go. Autumn Moon has it down. Thank you for the clarification and knowledge! Your explanation makes way more sense than what I was talking about.

#22 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:04 PM

There you go. Autumn Moon has it down. Thank you for the clarification and knowledge! Your explanation makes way more sense than what I was talking about.

I think you made perfect sense Nim. I just took it a little bit further explanation wise.

#23 FlyingPeregrine

FlyingPeregrine

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:18 PM

This is quite interesting.

I'm wondering if this would have effects on someone who is dealing with intrusive thoughts and/or flashbacks from PTSD. 

The reason I ask is because I'm currently working on figuring out spells to help me through my PTSD. It gives me a sense of control and is to compliment my therapy that I'm currently going through. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flying Peregrine

#24 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:42 AM

I don't think it would hurt to try. I have used them for health related things.

#25 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:25 AM

I'm wondering if this would work on addiction. Addiction's such a difficult thing to work with, unless you're trying to make it more severe.

RSKHFMY

#26 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:59 AM

Addiction is, I think, deeply rooted in a person's psyche which would make it difficult to change around. There are probably a number of other issues that contribute to an addiction. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it would require long term effort (such as your honey jar). When I made an ammonia jar for a difficult multi-faceted issue, the jar would start showing signs of working, but after a period of time it would seem to stall out. That is when I would burn a candle on the overturned jar to strengthen it to turn the situation around. Then I started burning a candle on top of the overturned jar right at the start, and reinforced it by burning candles on it if I noticed the effects slowing down.

The ammonia jar, I don't think is a panacea, but it can make a difference in difficult issues, and then again there are some things that would need a miracle, but it's not been my experience so far, that Spells result in miracles such as making the blind to see or the deaf to hear. I've worked all kinds of Spells for my wife to regain her vision, but nothing has really worked. I even petitioned a Saint for her, but that night in a dream I received a clear message from that Saint that she would not regain her vision, which was very disheartening. 

#27 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:47 PM

This is similar to some of my thoughts on it. I think this is a good example of the difference between the range of success for a spell working versus the magnitude of something which needs an actual healer (talking only of external, magical approaches of course, not medicine or rehab). Also, addiction can run in families so perhaps that plays a role in why it is so difficult to treat? Sort of like treating a bloodline problem (reminiscent of a curse, if I really make a stretch), involving many individuals along the way. It's hard to stop a ball that may have been rolling for generations with one working.

Have you ever been offered a reason as to why magic won't work on her vision?

RSKHFMY

#28 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:03 PM

Yes, hard to stop it rolling.

I don't quite understand your question Ravenshaw. Who would offer me a reason? The Saint did not, just a vision of a white wolf that had it's eyes closed, then opened them and looked at me (had blue eyes, same as my wife), then closed them. I knew then that she would not get her vision back by miraculous cure. Her condition is genetic. Thing is, this Saint is known for curing the blind.

#29 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:22 AM

Curious - I wonder if there is a substitute for ammonia in the ammonia jars? Would working with the cleansing aspect of ammonia work (so substitutes would perhaps be something like alcohol) or is it something innately "ammonia" (going back to the urine/ammonia discussion)?

RSKHFMY

#30 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:30 AM

I don't think so (but I'm not an expert on Hoodoo). The only substitute for Ammonia in floor/house cleansing I know of is urine (diluted), but I have never heard of ammonia being substituted with urine or anything else when it comes to an ammonia jar. 

#31 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:06 AM

I imagine urine could work anyway if you charged it with enough intent

RSKHFMY

#32 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:12 AM

Then again urine in this context has a lot of love usages as well. Hmm... prob best not to stray from ammonia

RSKHFMY