31 replies to this topic

#1 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:53 PM

As per the request of Oroboros.

Ammonia Jars are meant to turn a situation around from what it is to it's opposite. They have worked well for me to turn even long standing difficult situations around.

Get a jam jar that's not too big, clean it thoroughly, no label. Cut a piece of white (trad, but I don't know why it has to be white) paper that will go completely around the inside of the jar near the top (most jars have 'neck' and the paper goes just below that). The paper ends should butt at the ends ie. meet, and the paper has to go down to the middle of the jar. The idea is to write on the paper what you want changed ie. 'noisy neighbours'. Tape the paper inside the jar as mentioned above with the writing facing the inside of the jar. Fill the jar about 60% full of the ammonia (don't breathe it in, let the fumes get in your eyes, or the ammonia on your skin, or furniture). My method is to then keep my eyes closed to avoid the fumes, take in a deep breath away from the jar, then breathe my intent into the jar, ie.' when I turn this jar over, I turn this situation around and I get a full time job' Then put the lid on the jar securely so it won't leak. Turn the jar over (the ammonia has to completely cover the paper and be above the paper. I fill it 60% to take into account the neck of the jar). Put the jar into a large bowl (in case the jar leaks). My method is to then burn a candle on top of the overturned jar to increase it's power. Sometimes I add a bit if dried ginger to the jar before capping it so as to increase the speed of the spell. When the candle is burned completely down, put the bowl with the jar in a dark place, such as a box or closet. That's it. The spell works to change the situation written on the paper into it's opposite. Sometimes I burn candles at intervals on the jar if I feel it is taking longer or I want better results than what is occurring, and then put it back into the dark. Try not to think about the spell when it is placed in the dark. I also put personal concerns in the jar such as the recipients blood, hair, nails, etc. so the jar is securely linked to the person. The candle, personal concerns, breath, herb, and bowl are my own way of doing this spell which makes it different than the trad way.

#2 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:37 AM

Thank you for sharing this. I had heard of them in passing, but not any details. Seems a very useful working. You explained it very clearly and it's nice you included your own personalization of how you do it.

I would imagine this, like most spell issues can be mitigated with focus and intent. But, is there concern that in many situations, the opposite of what is presently going on would be more extreme in the other direction than the desired outcome? For example, if someone hates you and you want to improve on the situation, would this then be like doing a love spell- which may be way more than what you are after.

Edited by Oroboros, 16 December 2016 - 12:38 AM.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#3 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:45 AM

You're welcome.

I don't think it works like that. What is being changed is a current situation to it's opposite. To use your example, hate would become no hate.

Oh yeah, the wording on the paper...not allowed to put 'not' for example 'John does not like me' because, from what I understand the subconscious mind does not understand 'not' which is a negative, and interprets it as a positive instead eg. John likes me, so this would then become an opposite. I can't say this is for sure true or not when it comes to the ammonia jar because I have never tried it out. For example, if one has loud ass neighbours, all that would be written is 'loud noisy neigbours at 23 Belthazor street'. When the spell works, no loud noises would be coming from the neighbours living there.

#4 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:57 AM

The "not" thing actually makes perfect sense to me. Good to know.

I guess I think of the opposite of hate is love, but first- you'd probably use a honey jar for that anyway. And second, love and hate are actually a lot closer to each other than hate vs "not hate." So that makes sense.

#5 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:04 AM

Why ammonia? Is the idea that it is breaking up, cleansing and removing ? Or is there another association I am not aware of?

#6 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:25 AM

Why ammonia? Is the idea that it is breaking up, cleansing and removing ? Or is there another association I am not aware of?

I did some research earlier today, and it seems to be that ammonia replaces the old use of urine in spells. Those who know more can feel free to correct me though.

#7 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:31 AM

Huh, interesting.  That makes sense in one way.  But urine is usually used in a somewhat different way than this seems to be- at least the way I am looking at it.  Obviously I don't know anything about ammonia jars :).  I have no problem peeing in a jar:)- that just doesn't seem appropriate here.  Unless your saying piss on this situation  :D .

#8 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:45 AM

Huh, interesting.  That makes sense in one way.  But urine is usually used in a somewhat different way than this seems to be- at least the way I am looking at it.  Obviously I don't know anything about ammonia jars :).  I have no problem peeing in a jar:)- that just doesn't seem appropriate here.  Unless your saying piss on this situation  :D .

LOL! I may definitely be wrong. It was just something I came across, and it made sense to me. It was hoodoo related.

#9 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:04 AM

I really don't know.  Im sure someone who does will chime in.  I HAVE heard of it being substituted by folks who are squeamish about pee.  But, I just wonder if that is the case here.  Though a lot of times urine is used as a marking your territory style tag, which obviously ammonia is not.  Thus my confusion.  Aurelian and A.M. will know for sure.

Edited by Oroboros, 16 December 2016 - 05:30 AM.

#10 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:18 PM

The way I understand it is that ammonia acts as a cleansing agent to cleanse away the present situation, while the turning over or reversing of the bottle and writing (reversing the writing and turning it upside down) represents turning the situation around to it's opposite.

Ammonia can also be used in floor washes and in cleansing baths - in greatly reduced quantity such as a teaspoon to a bathtub. This stuff is strong, and you have to be very careful when using undiluted ammonia.

Ammonia can be used as a substitute for urine because urine contains urea which is related to ammonia. But I have not heard of urine being used as a substitute in an ammonia jar - I guess you could in a pinch, but I'm not sure it would contain enough urea (ammonia) to turn the situation around. If one's urine has a strong ammonia odour, then there is a kidney and/or diet issue.

For an ongoing situation, even once turned around, keep the ammonia jar, for example a house that is always rented out to people who disrupt your peace. Otherwise, once the situation is turned around, some use the traditional hoodoo disposal methods of running water or crossroads. I don't do that, and instead pour the ammonia down the drain (we have a septic tank), and throw the paper into the trash, or let it dry and burn it. The bottle can be washed and reused.

#11 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:35 PM

Thank yo for clarifying.  This is pretty much how I thought those items worked in this situation, but was not sure.  That is what makes sense to me too.  :)

AND thanks again for the write up of the spell!:)

#12 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:04 PM

You're welcome!

#13 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for this Autumn moon, very clear and concise. It is something that I have never used but I have a situation that this would be perfect for.

#14 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:28 PM

Thanks! All the best of success to you.

#15 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:48 PM

Thank you so much for posting the clear instructions and clarification of your spell A.M.

As a side note since we're dealing with toxic substances, I want to mention just in case: you should NEVER combine ammonia and bleach. The combination produces highly toxic fumes.

#16 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:13 PM

Thanks IB! Yes, good point about the ammonia and bleach!

#17 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:16 PM

And don't eat yellow snow.

#18 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:21 PM

LOL, I never eat snow...now!

#19 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:21 PM

Nice thread, well explained!

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning."  - Cormac McCarthy

#20 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:15 AM

Thanks!