Sign in to follow this  
Lilu

Rune Stones Anyone?

So I have searched and searched but I am finding nothing on rune stones on the site. Does anyone use runes for divination? I have been told I am quite good at it.I enjoy the spirit of the thing. Its a wonderful way for me to focus my workings, though I am still not very good at workings. 

I would love to do readings for anybody who may want one. Doing readings often keeps my energy in tune with the stones. Its good for me and for them. PM me any time.

If you do use stones what are your stones made out of? What runes do you feel most connected with? What casting method do you use?

I just PM'd you some links to some threads on the topic  :).  I own a couple sets of runes, read a little about them years ago, but never got back to them.  However, it is something I have been wanting to get back into.

Edited by Oroboros

Hey!

I've been using runes for a few years now, i bought my first set which were made of amethyst, but I read that traditionally they should be made from a fruit tree.. so i ended up making my own from hawthorn wood. I found they really do work much better than the ones I bought, maybe because my own energy was put into them and also the trees energy. 

What are yours made from? 

I generally use the 3 rune method (past present future) for ease, but on special occasions a 9 rune spread is interesting. 

:)

Mine are made of fluorite. I dont not think I would like wooden ones. I need the weight. I was drawn to mine right away. Some day I wish tonown a set I made from the elements associated to each rune.

I use the 9 world casting method most. The nightI got my runes I dreampt about them it was great.

I've made a set of witch's runes from stones and I'm currently making a set of Pictish runes from Goat Willow wood. I'm looking forward to using these and getting to know them. I cut and burnt the symbols myself and I think this will help me connect with them since my blood (literally at a few points!) and sweat went into them, as well as meditating on the meaning of each when I applied the symbol. 

I utilize mine once in a while! I seem to draw the gebo rune the most often. Still working out what this means.

I use runes. I have a water buffalo horn set, and I have a set made of bones (deer knuckles) that a friend made. I have a RW tarot deck. But it doesnt get as much use. Also use runes in my craft.

I need to learn more about the Runes, I bought an oracle deck that featured the Runes, I figured the cards would help me learn. It really did not work that way, I found another Oracle Deck that works much better.

That one I did actually make myself, even though it is a representation of a commercial deck. There are some photos of it somewhere on this site.

Making the Runes for yourself, out of wood, would indeed imbue them with a special link to yourself. I have heard that adding a drop of your Blood to the varnish, links and binds the Runes to you.

Pruneing time will be coming up in the Spring, that is when a suitable branch could be found and cut into rounds. I have a Pear tree that has nice straight branches that would work great for that purpose. I will try to remember in the spring.

• Upvote 2

I was checking out Pinterest and I saw that someone had made an Oracle set out of little things from the junk drawer, You put them in a bag mix them up and then take out a few items.

You can intuit the answers to you questions from what you pick. A sink plug, is your life going down the drain? A nail, time to build or rebuild. etc. It was an interesting concept.

I have also seen people making Junk drawer art, they are quite inventive.

• Upvote 2

Hah, very creative! Another thing that goes to show you don't always have to buy new stuff :)

I made a rune set on wood. Anglo Saxon. I only use them for spells really. Every now and them I might pull one after asking a personal question. 

Holdasown, Do you use a book to read the Runes or do you know them by heart?

• Upvote 1

Holdasown, Do you use a book to read the Runes or do you know them by heart?

I know most of the rune names but not all by heart yet. 

It is almost like learning to speak a foreign language.

I need to spend more time on it is the problem. I tend to just look for one that matches the spell I am doing. Though I do galdr a bit but mostly Algiz 

Fehu for me!

I have done meditations while holding runes and when I did Fehu I saw the Disney dwarves singing it instead of Hi Ho. LOL. Now I associate it with them when ever I see it. 

I have done meditations while holding runes and when I did Fehu I saw the Disney dwarves singing it instead of Hi Ho. LOL. Now I associate it with them when ever I see it.

Now, Neither will I! It is appropriate!

• Upvote 1

I began exploring runes when I was 9 yeas old.  Nobody had to explain the magic around them, I just knew.  I would draw them and scribe them in my calligraphy.  I began carving, painting and burning them on wood, and painting them on stones.  I would carve them into trees, logs and stumps.  I made pouches to carry them and later pouches that would lay out into a casting cloth.  I gave them as gifts and traded and sold them for treasures and knowledge.  I adopted Thurisaz as my own and emblazon it on everything.  By 10 years old I learned of bindrunes and sigils and expanded my enchantment with them.  These sets are stones from the glacial rivers here.  Some were painted years ago, some are still drying.  I am burning a Rowan set now and have cut rounds for Oak, Ash and Willow from stave cuttings left from my wands.

As a tool of divination, I struggle.  I was told by a friend of mine that my 'antenna' is broken disallowing me to receive knowledge through them.

My affection still burns strong.

post-4990-0-68917700-1570217060_thumb.jpg

post-4990-0-23949600-1570217085_thumb.jpg

post-4990-0-06736200-1570217104_thumb.jpg

post-4990-0-58885600-1570217130_thumb.jpg

post-4990-0-10295100-1570217177_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

post-4986-0-65161000-1570286445_thumb.jpg

My runes are about 8 years old, made by myself of butter beans. I prefer runes when need some more info after Tarot. For conditions of health I prefer runes, not cards. 

• Upvote 1

I love my rune stones. The symbols themselves have such an energy and power to them thats unlike other tools of divination, of course, runes are used for much more than divining. My go-to rune set is a very nice set of lapis lazuli with the runes etched in gold on them. I've used them for years now and they have never failed me. I don't use any particular method when using them. Some people will place them in layouts similar to what one would do in tarot; but I usually just ask my question and throw a handful out in front of me. I study the runes that are visible to me and the placement of each one. Has yet to fail me.

Sign in to follow this