5 replies to this topic

#1 Lilu

Lilu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:52 PM

So I have searched and searched but I am finding nothing on rune stones on the site. Does anyone use runes for divination? I have been told I am quite good at it.I enjoy the spirit of the thing. Its a wonderful way for me to focus my workings, though I am still not very good at workings. 

I would love to do readings for anybody who may want one. Doing readings often keeps my energy in tune with the stones. Its good for me and for them. PM me any time.

If you do use stones what are your stones made out of? What runes do you feel most connected with? What casting method do you use?

My Writer Support Forum http://heretherebewriters.jcink.net a positive home to any kind of writer.

#2 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:05 AM

I just PM'd you some links to some threads on the topic  :).  I own a couple sets of runes, read a little about them years ago, but never got back to them.  However, it is something I have been wanting to get back into.

Edited by Oroboros, 06 December 2016 - 08:06 AM.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#3 noodletoad

noodletoad

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:51 AM

Hey!

I've been using runes for a few years now, i bought my first set which were made of amethyst, but I read that traditionally they should be made from a fruit tree.. so i ended up making my own from hawthorn wood. I found they really do work much better than the ones I bought, maybe because my own energy was put into them and also the trees energy. 

What are yours made from? 

I generally use the 3 rune method (past present future) for ease, but on special occasions a 9 rune spread is interesting. 

:)

#4 Lilu

Lilu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:52 AM

Mine are made of fluorite. I dont not think I would like wooden ones. I need the weight. I was drawn to mine right away. Some day I wish tonown a set I made from the elements associated to each rune.

I use the 9 world casting method most. The nightI got my runes I dreampt about them it was great.

My Writer Support Forum http://heretherebewriters.jcink.net a positive home to any kind of writer.

#5 WinterMeudwy

WinterMeudwy

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:44 PM

I've made a set of witch's runes from stones and I'm currently making a set of Pictish runes from Goat Willow wood. I'm looking forward to using these and getting to know them. I cut and burnt the symbols myself and I think this will help me connect with them since my blood (literally at a few points!) and sweat went into them, as well as meditating on the meaning of each when I applied the symbol. 

#6 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:11 AM

I utilize mine once in a while! I seem to draw the gebo rune the most often. Still working out what this means.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rune stones, runes