17 replies to this topic

#1 Lilu

Lilu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:52 PM

So I have searched and searched but I am finding nothing on rune stones on the site. Does anyone use runes for divination? I have been told I am quite good at it.I enjoy the spirit of the thing. Its a wonderful way for me to focus my workings, though I am still not very good at workings. 

I would love to do readings for anybody who may want one. Doing readings often keeps my energy in tune with the stones. Its good for me and for them. PM me any time.

If you do use stones what are your stones made out of? What runes do you feel most connected with? What casting method do you use?

My Writer Support Forum http://heretherebewriters.jcink.net a positive home to any kind of writer.

#2 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:05 AM

I just PM'd you some links to some threads on the topic  :).  I own a couple sets of runes, read a little about them years ago, but never got back to them.  However, it is something I have been wanting to get back into.

Edited by Oroboros, 06 December 2016 - 08:06 AM.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#3 noodletoad

noodletoad

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:51 AM

Hey!

I've been using runes for a few years now, i bought my first set which were made of amethyst, but I read that traditionally they should be made from a fruit tree.. so i ended up making my own from hawthorn wood. I found they really do work much better than the ones I bought, maybe because my own energy was put into them and also the trees energy. 

What are yours made from? 

I generally use the 3 rune method (past present future) for ease, but on special occasions a 9 rune spread is interesting. 

:)

#4 Lilu

Lilu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:52 AM

Mine are made of fluorite. I dont not think I would like wooden ones. I need the weight. I was drawn to mine right away. Some day I wish tonown a set I made from the elements associated to each rune.

I use the 9 world casting method most. The nightI got my runes I dreampt about them it was great.

My Writer Support Forum http://heretherebewriters.jcink.net a positive home to any kind of writer.

#5 WinterMeudwy

WinterMeudwy

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:44 PM

I've made a set of witch's runes from stones and I'm currently making a set of Pictish runes from Goat Willow wood. I'm looking forward to using these and getting to know them. I cut and burnt the symbols myself and I think this will help me connect with them since my blood (literally at a few points!) and sweat went into them, as well as meditating on the meaning of each when I applied the symbol. 

#6 bluelily

bluelily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:11 AM

I utilize mine once in a while! I seem to draw the gebo rune the most often. Still working out what this means.

#7 Stella

Stella

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:30 PM

I use runes. I have a water buffalo horn set, and I have a set made of bones (deer knuckles) that a friend made. I have a RW tarot deck. But it doesnt get as much use. Also use runes in my craft.

#8 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:57 PM

I need to learn more about the Runes, I bought an oracle deck that featured the Runes, I figured the cards would help me learn. It really did not work that way, I found another Oracle Deck that works much better.
That one I did actually make myself, even though it is a representation of a commercial deck. There are some photos of it somewhere on this site.
Making the Runes for yourself, out of wood, would indeed imbue them with a special link to yourself. I have heard that adding a drop of your Blood to the varnish, links and binds the Runes to you.
Pruneing time will be coming up in the Spring, that is when a suitable branch could be found and cut into rounds. I have a Pear tree that has nice straight branches that would work great for that purpose. I will try to remember in the spring.

#9 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:10 PM

I was checking out Pinterest and I saw that someone had made an Oracle set out of little things from the junk drawer, You put them in a bag mix them up and then take out a few items.
You can intuit the answers to you questions from what you pick. A sink plug, is your life going down the drain? A nail, time to build or rebuild. etc. It was an interesting concept.
I have also seen people making Junk drawer art, they are quite inventive.

#10 Adare

Adare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:49 PM

Hah, very creative! Another thing that goes to show you don't always have to buy new stuff :)

#11 Holdasown

Holdasown

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:56 PM

I made a rune set on wood. Anglo Saxon. I only use them for spells really. Every now and them I might pull one after asking a personal question. 

#12 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:21 PM

Holdasown, Do you use a book to read the Runes or do you know them by heart?

#13 Holdasown

Holdasown

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

Holdasown, Do you use a book to read the Runes or do you know them by heart?

I know most of the rune names but not all by heart yet. 

#14 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:15 PM

It is almost like learning to speak a foreign language.

#15 Holdasown

Holdasown

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 03:57 PM

It is almost like learning to speak a foreign language.

I need to spend more time on it is the problem. I tend to just look for one that matches the spell I am doing. Though I do galdr a bit but mostly Algiz 

#16 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:43 PM

Fehu for me!

#17 Holdasown

Holdasown

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:29 PM

Fehu for me!

I have done meditations while holding runes and when I did Fehu I saw the Disney dwarves singing it instead of Hi Ho. LOL. Now I associate it with them when ever I see it. 

#18 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:44 PM

I have done meditations while holding runes and when I did Fehu I saw the Disney dwarves singing it instead of Hi Ho. LOL. Now I associate it with them when ever I see it.

Now, Neither will I! It is appropriate!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rune stones, runes