• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MoonOak20698

MoonOak20698

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:57 PM

I tried searching to see if this had been mentioned before, but searching "BetterWorldBooks" yielded nothing while "Better World Books" yielded everything, haha. For anyone who isn't familiar, it is a site not unlike Amazon, but strictly for books. They offer free standard shipping worldwide (all the time), and a portion of their proceeds go to funding literacy programs all over. :) Despite being a charity, they're not (so far as I can tell) religiously affiliated, so all of the witchy books I've been looking at they have had.

I hate that my first non-introductory post was a PSA for a commercial website, but I feel this book living crowd will be glad to hear about it. ;)

~ MoonOak ~

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

#2 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:14 PM

Thanks for the info MoonOak!

Just so you're aware, there's a section further down on the Forum homepage called "Shoppes" where this kind of post would be more appropriate for next time.

#3 MoonOak20698

MoonOak20698

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:48 PM

Whoops, thank you! I'm sorry! Should I delete it and re-post?

~ MoonOak ~

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

#4 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:02 PM

No worries - it takes a little while to get your bearings here :) I don't know if you *can* delete it, or if the mods would have to move it for you.

#5 MoonOak20698

MoonOak20698

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

Well, at least now I know. Haha! Thank you, again! :)

~ MoonOak ~

#6 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:50 PM

No worries - topic moved.

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#7 MoonOak20698

MoonOak20698

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:08 PM

No worries - topic moved.

Much obliged! Thank you!!

~ MoonOak ~

#8 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:34 PM

Oh hey, I work at a library and just finished packing up a ton of our withdrawals to send to them. I know a lot of other libraries do as well, so I bet they have some interesting books. I'll have to check them out.

#9 MoonOak20698

MoonOak20698

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:47 PM

Oh hey, I work at a library and just finished packing up a ton of our withdrawals to send to them. I know a lot of other libraries do as well, so I bet they have some interesting books. I'll have to check them out.

That's awesome!

~ MoonOak ~

#10 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:33 AM

Okay, moonoak, this is going to have to stop.  Your posts are forcing me to shop! :)  

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#11 MoonOak20698

MoonOak20698

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:01 PM

Okay, moonoak, this is going to have to stop. Your posts are forcing me to shop! :)

Haha, I apologize! I am an incorrigible encourager. ;)

~ MoonOak ~