• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Verin

Verin

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:49 PM

An amazing recipe against the pain in the chest when you have to cough a lot, so simple and so effective: 

1/2 cup of good quality organic olive oil

1 handful of dried ribwort

1 fresh linen or cotton cloth

1 fresh towel

1 formfitting t-shirt

Put the dried ribwort in the olive oil and very slowly warm the mixture. Do not burn the ribwort! When it is really really warm but not hot enough to burn you, place the fresh linen or cotton cloth on a baking sheet and pour the oil with the ribwort on the cloth. Fold it so that the ribwort doesn't fall out, and so that it is big enough to cover the chest. If the cloth is dripping, gently squeeze the excessive oil out, but don't let it be too dry, you want it really soaked but not dripping! Then place it on your chest, cover with the fresh towel, put on the t-shirt and go to bed. 

This helps immensely with the release of phlegm and eases the pain a lot. 

I hope this helps.

PS: Can be done without the ribwort too, if you don't have it handy. 

#42 Verin

Verin

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:58 PM

Ohhh and what really helps when you need to cough up the phlegm (I learned this when I nearly died of a very terrible pneumonia) is a breathing exercise: 

You need a tube as thick as a finger, the length of an underarm + extended hand, and a big bottle filled to the half with water. Stick the tube into the water bottle, breathe in as deep as possible, then breathe out through the tube. Repeat 20 times, 3 times a day. It loosened so much phlegm, way way more than all the "medication" they gave me for it.