• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:59 PM

So apparently Seymour, Wisconsin is well known for its phantom chicken problem....

http://www.unexplain...m_chickens.html

RSKHFMY

#2 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:35 PM

LOL! Thats great RS:).  I love shit like this.  

(Anyone listen to "Darkness Radio"?  Its a podcast with two very entertaining personable hosts who talk about everything from hauntings, demon possession, dumb crimes and stupid criminals, conspiracy theories and aliens.  They have a unique ability to interview the most ridiculous guest or read the most ludicrous story - and not be rude or or overly degrading about it. But, they are funny A.F.. They also do discuss serious events and phenomena as well.  If you like both serious discussion of the paranormal and stuff like this- check it out.  They spent 10 minutes the other day discussing a story where  a woman had a ghost grope her butt.  This discussion was had with "I like big butts" playing in the background :):):).  Being as I had a "cheek" caressed in the shower of a hotel bathroom once- I kind of felt for the lady, but still its funny.)

But, the real pressing question for me at the moment is :  Why do THESE chickens cross the road?  

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#3 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:47 PM

Too funny. What I am wondering is who came up with the idea that the `haunting` is done by chickens! What about Faeries (evil or not).

Well at least I haven`t had my `cheek` stroked yet ;)  

#4 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:45 AM

But, the real pressing question for me at the moment is :  Why do THESE chickens cross the road?  

Because they cling to this earth in grief, doomed to relive the terrible moment of their chicken death for all eternity through disembodied clucks and phantom feather sightings.

RSKHFMY

#5 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:34 AM

Oh the humanity! God damn Chik -fil-a.

#6 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:16 PM

This is too humorous not to share...I mentioned elsewhere I'm reading Ginzburg's "Ecstacies..." and just this minute on pg 139 have read this: regarding catelepsis of witches in Serbia, ..." the soul exists in the guise of a butterfly or a HEN from the inanimate body, which, when in this condition, must not be turned over..." and goes on with direct connection to ecstatic trance and the soul separating from the body. Ginzburg doesn't mention cross roads...as seen in the photo of Shady Road and Chicken Alley. Funny, but "shade" is yet another word used for spirits.

Oh well, back to staggering through my book..

Edit: and on pg. 158 ..."animal transformation or the cavalcade astride animals represented the temporary departure of the soul from the inanimate body."

Edited by Zombee, 27 November 2016 - 09:58 PM.

#7 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:26 PM

Shit....gonna go get ME some ghost chickens!  I need minions...   :D

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#8 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:52 PM

LOL!!! :)

#9 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:03 PM

Shit....gonna go get ME some ghost chickens!  I need minions...   :D

As far as minions go, I think ghost chickens would be pretty low on the usefulness scale ;)

I'd prefer ghost racoon or lemur minions - imagine the mischief they'd be capable of, all whilst looking simultaneously über chic & creepy :D

#10 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:42 AM

I don't know about them being low on the usefulness scale. Many traditions read chicken bones as a divination medium. Many time less intelligent animals can be used like a tool because they're easy to take over and/or impose messages upon. The lower the animal, the easier to work with in a sense.

RSKHFMY

#11 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:22 AM

I don't know about them being low on the usefulness scale. Many traditions read chicken bones as a divination medium. Many time less intelligent animals can be used like a tool because they're easy to take over and/or impose messages upon. The lower the animal, the easier to work with in a sense.

:) I was just kidding Ravenshaw. I live on an island that is overrun by wild chickens and roosters and they can be so dumb that it's just funny to imagine them being ordered to carry out any actual instructions the way minions would need to do (rather than the idea of utilizing them like puppets) :D

Edited by IslandBruja, 30 November 2016 - 04:25 PM.

#12 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:50 PM

When I saw Aurelian's post I just had the mental image of his Avatar with a bunch of chanting cartoon chicken minions following him around.  Which I find hysterical.  Such was the depth of my thought on the matter.

@RS-  "Many time less intelligent animals can be used like a tool because they're easy to take over and/or impose messages upon. The lower the animal, the easier to work with in a sense."

This is probably not new information to most- but I had never thought of it that way and it makes perfect sense.  Good information.  I have used animal bones because they symbolize something to me or to connect with the spirit of, for instance, a deer.  But the idea of having the benefit of the blood/bone/ life force available from something that is unlikely to assert itself is not something I had considered before.  Not sure I said that well, but hopefully the gist of it is there.

I have often considered/planned on making a collection for casting for divination that would include bones from various things as well as other objects.  This concept could play well here.

Edited by Oroboros, 30 November 2016 - 08:01 PM.

#13 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:40 PM

:) I was just kidding Ravenshaw. I live on an island that is overrun by wild chickens and roosters and they can so dumb that it's just funny to imagine them being ordered to carry out any actual instructions the way minions would need to do (rather than the idea of utilizing them like puppets) :D

Imagine it, a singing chicken-gram

RSKHFMY

#14 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:09 PM

( taken from:http://gonzo and chi...hemian rhapsody)

Aurelian with minions...

Attached Files

Edited by Oroboros, 30 November 2016 - 08:24 PM.

#15 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:06 PM

( taken from:http://gonzo and chi...hemian rhapsody)
Aurelian with minions...

YES!!!! :D

(ahhh, childhood memories :) )