• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:16 PM

I like your use of multi tasking. I use the yoga-breath into the belly to help focus into center. Gotta breath any ways, right? Gotta center to do stuff too.

#22 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:41 AM

This is true πŸ˜„

I just had a quick session, so I thought I would share before I forget (does anyone else forget what happened in their sessions like my first attempt?)

I didn't see anything but I heard something. My eyes kept wanting to close but I managed to keep them open. I'm guessing that's a trance stage of this? Anyway, during that stage, I heard my ten year old son's voice chanting, 'twenty to nine and twenty to nine.' He was giggling excitedly and I could hear his feet marching on a rough surface like gravel or bark.

I did this during the day, I had the windows open but curtains shut, so the curtains were blowing in the breeze. I didn't have a question, just an intention to put time aside to practice.

My two youngest children have been going on walks with me in the afternoon lately. We all love it and my son gets very happy and giggly on these walks and does have a noisy, 'marching' sound to his steps, because we do walk over rough surfaces and play at the park. I could even hear his trademark happy 'strut' πŸ˜„

I have my period and don't feel well enough for the walk later today. Before scrying, I wasn't sure if I'd push myself and take them because I love how much fun they have, but I have endometriosis and probably can't handle it today.

As for the numbers, I'm not sure what they mean, but maybe it's around the time of night we head home? (It's daylight saving here, so the sun is only just going down).

It's made me more puzzled about the walk today πŸ˜„ Maybe I should 'march on' and do it anyway?

Edited by Tricycle, 19 December 2016 - 03:42 AM.

#23 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:48 AM

I made another attempt at scrying, and this time, I saw a small bolt of lightning on the side of the ball, then later, heard talking again. It was a woman this time, wasn't as clear as when I heard my son, but I knew what she was saying at the time. She said a lot of different things, and annoyingly, once I came out of my trance, I couldn't remember what she said! So, I guess for me, sometimes remembering what happened is hard?

Also, this time, I asked a question about the meaning of my son talking in the previous session.

#24 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:56 PM

I was thinking that you picked up telepathic chatter from your son. He might just have been sing-songing the time of day, or some such thing kids do. The words have rhythm and do march. In the meditative states, like layers of awareness or sleep states, we can pass from one level to another. And that dream level where we forget what we were just fully emotionally involved in but moments ago, and lose as we re-surface... Yea. Bugger.

#25 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:29 PM

Many people forget what they have experienced while in deep trance states.  There are a few things you can do that may improve your recall, like using mugwort ( in moderate amounts,  as long as you are not pregnant or breastfeeding) and keeping a journal of whatever you remember from your attempts. 

In the meantime, you could try something like automatic writing during your sessions, or even have a voice recorder going, and try to say what you are experiencing outloud. If you have someone you trust and who will not distract you, you could also have a 'sitter' with you during your sessions. They can tell you what they saw and heard afterwards, and even help bring you back if anything were to go wrong, like if you started to have a bad experience.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#26 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:01 PM

Sorry I haven't answered sooner, I wanted to take time to answer in detail, and haven't had the time.

Zombee, I didn't realise telepathic chatter was a thing, so thank you :)

I was thinking that you picked up telepathic chatter from your son. He might just have been sing-songing the time of day, or some such thing kids do. The words have rhythm and do march. In the meditative states, like layers of awareness or sleep states, we can pass from one level to another. And that dream level where we forget what we were just fully emotionally involved in but moments ago, and lose as we re-surface... Yea. Bugger.

Many people forget what they have experienced while in deep trance states.  There are a few things you can do that may improve your recall, like using mugwort ( in moderate amounts,  as long as you are not pregnant or breastfeeding) and keeping a journal of whatever you remember from your attempts. 

In the meantime, you could try something like automatic writing during your sessions, or even have a voice recorder going, and try to say what you are experiencing outloud. If you have someone you trust and who will not distract you, you could also have a 'sitter' with you during your sessions. They can tell you what they saw and heard afterwards, and even help bring you back if anything were to go wrong, like if you started to have a bad experience.

Thanks for that :) I'm in Australia, so I'll have to look into where I can get some mugwort. I generally prefer to grow my own things, but I think I should be able to buy a plant online somewhere in our country. I love to journal, so that sounds like a good plan! I've never tried automatic writing, but when it comes to divination, I would give anything a try, there's just so many types, I haven't gotten to them all yet :D I could try to record my voice. I think a sitter might distract me and make me feel self conscious. Although, if I can't record or automatically write, I would still consider it.

When I heard the woman's voice, it was almost as if I was on the phone or listening to the radio and got a crossed line. It felt like eavesdropping.

Any thoughts on the lightning thing? I've looked up symbolism, and thought, perhaps a storm was coming (it didn't), but one place I looked up online talked about how when we get a symbol, we should think about our own personal associations with it. Mine would be, I'm usually in awe of thunderstorms, thunder, lightning, etc. I tend to revel in it. I also love to meditate or do tarot during storms. Maybe it's a suggestion to scry in a storm? I'm sure I'll give it a go, just gotta wait for a beautiful, Aussie summer thunderstorm :D

#27 Lucea's Child

Lucea's Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:30 PM

I just typed a long post only to have it all get deleted when attempting to add pics.   :razz:

That will teach me to not copy my post...  LOL

This has been an interesting thread to read.  I grew up loving crystal balls and it was the first thing I ever tried to work with when it came to divination.  

I stumbled on Ted Andrews' book about crystal balls in fourth grade at the public library.  I was entranced by the pictures and have created quite a collection of balls now (pictured below).  It turns out that crystal ball scrying was not my forte, which was unfortunate because I spent a small fortune acquiring my collection over the years.  In the end I just love the look of anything clear and spherical, so my collection continues...

I did figure out some things that worked well for me.  While Ted Andrews' method of crystal scrying never worked for me, his cleansing method did.  I still cleanse my scrying crystals in sea salt water with pennyroyal oil.  

Method:

Before I undertake any big divination working I cleanse myself and space.  I also drink a mugwort wine.  I believe it is a Judika Illes recipe for divination and I just took it and added it to Mogen David.  The super sweetness of Mogen David makes the intense bitterness easier to drink.  The higher alcohol content pulls out the active constituents in the herbs more effectively than a typical table wine, too.  But I also find that I work divination best when I'm under the influence of alcohol.  I have to be on the edge of tipsy.  So, for me, this is my method of preparation.

I darken the room and light candles for soft light, then fill the room with copious clouds of incense smoke.  It's very cliche, but it works for me and I love the ambiance.  

Leaded Glass:  I have several leaded glass balls.  They are cheaper to get than quartz, and are perfectly clear.  However, I have found them cold, sterile, and devoid of life... I do use them as a focal point to enter into hypnotic trance, and they work great for that purpose.  

Quartz Crystal:  These are soooo expensive and have lots of inclusions.  If you're into scrying with a perfectly clear tool, then you'd spend a fortune tracking down a large-ish super clear sphere.  I have found success reading these with two different methods.  The first is reading the inclusions like tea leaves.  This is surprisingly effective.  The second method is taking the sphere and holding it while closing my eyes.  I read the energy from the ball.  So this method is great for asking questions and receiving specific answers.  The life force of the crystal has been an effective means of communication.  

Reconstituted Quartz:  I have two of these.  It looks like a leaded glass ball but it's quartz that was broken down and formed into a perfectly clear sphere.  Some of what I've read on crystal ball reading states that the sphere can't be glass, it must be actual crystal.  But it also must be clear...  So this is a cost effective compromise.   It is warmer to the touch than glass, but I have never found success working with these.  It's as if the communication is too fuzzy to understand.  I have found that a plain glass ball works because it literally does nothing, allowing me to trance out.  However, if I use the reconstituted balls then I hear "background noise" and it breaks my concentration.  So no matter what method I try to employ these balls have never worked for me.  They do look pretty though!

These are some of the things I've learned trying to work with crystal balls.  I love them, but they still aren't the most effective means of divination for me personally.  

Attached File  12654317_963503930398041_7332597997848568151_n.jpg   79.7KB   9 downloadsAttached File  12938313_1005577462857354_7649584697109990473_n.jpg   104.66KB   5 downloads

β€œOne doesn't discover new lands without consenting
to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”

β€” Andre Gide

#28 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:04 AM

I just typed a long post only to have it all get deleted when attempting to add pics.   :razz:

That will teach me to not copy my post...  LOL

This has been an interesting thread to read.  I grew up loving crystal balls and it was the first thing I ever tried to work with when it came to divination.  

I stumbled on Ted Andrews' book about crystal balls in fourth grade at the public library.  I was entranced by the pictures and have created quite a collection of balls now (pictured below).  It turns out that crystal ball scrying was not my forte, which was unfortunate because I spent a small fortune acquiring my collection over the years.  In the end I just love the look of anything clear and spherical, so my collection continues...

I did figure out some things that worked well for me.  While Ted Andrews' method of crystal scrying never worked for me, his cleansing method did.  I still cleanse my scrying crystals in sea salt water with pennyroyal oil.  

Method:

Before I undertake any big divination working I cleanse myself and space.  I also drink a mugwort wine.  I believe it is a Judika Illes recipe for divination and I just took it and added it to Mogen David.  The super sweetness of Mogen David makes the intense bitterness easier to drink.  The higher alcohol content pulls out the active constituents in the herbs more effectively than a typical table wine, too.  But I also find that I work divination best when I'm under the influence of alcohol.  I have to be on the edge of tipsy.  So, for me, this is my method of preparation.

I darken the room and light candles for soft light, then fill the room with copious clouds of incense smoke.  It's very cliche, but it works for me and I love the ambiance.  

Leaded Glass:  I have several leaded glass balls.  They are cheaper to get than quartz, and are perfectly clear.  However, I have found them cold, sterile, and devoid of life... I do use them as a focal point to enter into hypnotic trance, and they work great for that purpose.  

Quartz Crystal:  These are soooo expensive and have lots of inclusions.  If you're into scrying with a perfectly clear tool, then you'd spend a fortune tracking down a large-ish super clear sphere.  I have found success reading these with two different methods.  The first is reading the inclusions like tea leaves.  This is surprisingly effective.  The second method is taking the sphere and holding it while closing my eyes.  I read the energy from the ball.  So this method is great for asking questions and receiving specific answers.  The life force of the crystal has been an effective means of communication.  

Reconstituted Quartz:  I have two of these.  It looks like a leaded glass ball but it's quartz that was broken down and formed into a perfectly clear sphere.  Some of what I've read on crystal ball reading states that the sphere can't be glass, it must be actual crystal.  But it also must be clear...  So this is a cost effective compromise.   It is warmer to the touch than glass, but I have never found success working with these.  It's as if the communication is too fuzzy to understand.  I have found that a plain glass ball works because it literally does nothing, allowing me to trance out.  However, if I use the reconstituted balls then I hear "background noise" and it breaks my concentration.  So no matter what method I try to employ these balls have never worked for me.  They do look pretty though!

These are some of the things I've learned trying to work with crystal balls.  I love them, but they still aren't the most effective means of divination for me personally.  

attachicon.gif12654317_963503930398041_7332597997848568151_n.jpgattachicon.gif12938313_1005577462857354_7649584697109990473_n.jpg

WOW I love your space! Looks so inviting and the furniture is beautiful. My space is heavy on red coloring, too.

Interesting idea with the mugwort wine. I don't scry as much as I expected to because for it to work I have to be 100% dedicated and my ADD is better tamed while lying down with my eyes shut, but next time I have the determination I'd be interested in giving that a shot. I like bitter drinks so mugwort tea isn't a problem for me, but I've been opening up to doing tarot while tipsy--for years I wouldn't do divination under the influence--and it's been giving me razor sharp insight. I might give the mugwort wine a shot. I wonder what the effects on the liver would be, though, I have read that mugwort shouldn't be used with alcohol...but I suppose absynthe is wormwood and alcohol, so maybe on occasion it's not so bad? Also, which Judika Illes book is that from? I have a couple of her books and they've been interesting reads. 

#29 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

One thing I found is I have a weird sensitivity to un-coated iron. Some cauldrons are pretty rough & tiny scratches on my hand from scraping out my cast iron cauldron still aren't healed completely after a year. I've only just gotten a teeny iron sliver out of my pinkie, which i found under the skin by using an ultra violet light.

It is said that iron has a dampening effect on some psychic functions. The Fae keep away from iron for this reason. It has to do with it's being magnetic. It seems to release the bonds of the etheric to the physical, and is possibly why we continue to use cast iron pots for magical brewing (not just quaint appearance) when we want the potion herbs to release their power into the brew. In theory, anyhow. You ask, What's this got to do with crystal gazing?

@luceaschild - I noticed in your photos that you have metal sphere holders and a small cast iron cauldron on the table. This metal combination would irritate me, energy-wise, so I mention it in case you might possibly have a similar sensitivity. It's weird, I know.

#30 Lucea's Child

Lucea's Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

One thing I found is I have a weird sensitivity to un-coated iron. Some cauldrons are pretty rough & tiny scratches on my hand from scraping out my cast iron cauldron still aren't healed completely after a year. I've only just gotten a teeny iron sliver out of my pinkie, which i found under the skin by using an ultra violet light.

It is said that iron has a dampening effect on some psychic functions. The Fae keep away from iron for this reason. It has to do with it's being magnetic. It seems to release the bonds of the etheric to the physical, and is possibly why we continue to use cast iron pots for magical brewing (not just quaint appearance) when we want the potion herbs to release their power into the brew. In theory, anyhow. You ask, What's this got to do with crystal gazing?

@luceaschild - I noticed in your photos that you have metal sphere holders and a small cast iron cauldron on the table. This metal combination would irritate me, energy-wise, so I mention it in case you might possibly have a similar sensitivity. It's weird, I know.

I'm aware of that concept, but it's never been an issue for me.  I'm very attracted to wrought iron things and so much of that room has wrought iron.  But it's never hindered me.

The stands for the balls are for decoration.  (Finding the stands has been a hobby in itself.)  The table has a crystal on a pillow - and that's what I use if I'm not holding the ball myself.

WOW I love your space! Looks so inviting and the furniture is beautiful. My space is heavy on red coloring, too.

Interesting idea with the mugwort wine. I don't scry as much as I expected to because for it to work I have to be 100% dedicated and my ADD is better tamed while lying down with my eyes shut, but next time I have the determination I'd be interested in giving that a shot. I like bitter drinks so mugwort tea isn't a problem for me, but I've been opening up to doing tarot while tipsy--for years I wouldn't do divination under the influence--and it's been giving me razor sharp insight. I might give the mugwort wine a shot. I wonder what the effects on the liver would be, though, I have read that mugwort shouldn't be used with alcohol...but I suppose absynthe is wormwood and alcohol, so maybe on occasion it's not so bad? Also, which Judika Illes book is that from? I have a couple of her books and they've been interesting reads. 

Thank you, Madame.  We affectionately call it the Red Room (no association with 50 Shades of Grey).  It is literally covered in red curtains.

Regarding mixing alcohol with mugwort, or wormwood, there isn't an issue.  One would have to ingest a LOT of it for it to matter.  Herbalists make tinctures with these herbs all the time.  As an herbalist I've been doing it for years. ;)

You do bring up something I could have mentioned though.  Absinthe is also a great drink for divination work.  And for someone like me who can make use of the tipsy state for this kind of work, absinthe is sometimes better.  It's a "clear" drunk - one can keep her head and not get fuzzy.  

I do not remember which book off hand.  I think it was called Divination Tea II.  (There were several divination tea recipes.  This tea had yarrow, too.)

β€œOne doesn't discover new lands without consenting
to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”

β€” Andre Gide

#31 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:52 AM

I have to say, zombee, I'm the same way but it's not just uncoated iron (though that's the worst) - for me, any combination of glass or crystal on metal literally sets my teeth on edge (you know, the feeling you get in your teeth with nails on a chalkboard?). I'm not sure why that is for me, but all of mine are on wood stands...

I'll have to post a picture at some point of my collection (I'm the same way as someone else mentioned: I adore perfectly round clear/translucent/glowing objects - undoubtedly ties in to the fact that I paint the moon obsessively in my work as well)

#32 Broomflower

Broomflower

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:03 PM

You know, mugwort works for dreams by preventing one of the later stages of sleep, during which dreams are forgotten.  I've had mixed results with it for other psychic purposes.  As far as its use in tinctures, use it sparingly and with caution, as it can be toxic to the liver if a lot of it is used over a period of time.  Occasional use is safe, though, unless you're allergic to it.  It is a common allergen, like ragweed.  I've made a dream tincture from two parts mugwort to one part each skullcap and passionflower, steeped in 90 or 100 proof vodka.

I've always been partial to the black mirror or bowl, but until recently I was working in a health food store that had an extensive selection of crystals, and I got a 45% discount.  I've ranted about crystals and their ecological concerns before, but this shop tended to deal with vendors that were as conscientious as possible, and admittedly, 45% off was too much for even me to resist. 

I fell in love with a hematite sphere.  Hematite tends to be pretty grounding, and it's not usually a good stone associated with scrying, even though it has such a lovely dark, reflective surface when polished.  I have herd of it being used as kind of an "anchor stone" to assist with safe astral projection, and besides, it was shiny and I got a fat discount so I bought it anyway.  Hematite does have a high iron content (hence its name) and I had the same concerns about iron and the Fair Folk - even though I do work with an iron cauldron and both my harvesting boline and ritual knife are steel.  I figured what the hell, I'll give it a shot. 

Alas, I haven't felt like scrying lately - losing the job at the health food store put me in not a very good head space, and not just because I miss the discount.  That job really meant a lot to me; I loved it.  But when I feel up to it again, I'll post the results, without going into too much personal detail, and if I remember, of course.

Eat your lawn.

#33 neonshizzy

neonshizzy

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:32 PM

I have a neat vintage mirror I found at a flea market for scrying but I don't have much success with it and usually resort to Tarot. I've been wanting to get a crystal ball but waiting to find one that I fall in love with first :) Amazon sometimes has good deals but I think I'd rather see and touch it in person first! Where did you guys find those beauties? Also, I see a pretty deck on your table! The Wild Unkown Deck is currently in my amazon shopping cart! I think its one of the most beautiful decks I've seen <3 

#34 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:00 AM

I have a neat vintage mirror I found at a flea market for scrying but I don't have much success with it and usually resort to Tarot. I've been wanting to get a crystal ball but waiting to find one that I fall in love with first :) Amazon sometimes has good deals but I think I'd rather see and touch it in person first! Where did you guys find those beauties? Also, I see a pretty deck on your table! The Wild Unkown Deck is currently in my amazon shopping cart! I think its one of the most beautiful decks I've seen <3 

I got mine at one of those metaphysical fairs, lol. They sell them at some of the new agey bookstores in my area, too, but usually for an arm and a leg. I considered buying one online, but I'm similar, I like to handle crystals and any tools I might bring into my practice before buying.

The Wild Unknown quickly became one of my favorite decks to read with. I don't read reversals with it (I do for most of my other decks), the upright cards themselves really hit the spot intuitively for me. I recommend it!

#35 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:30 PM

Those photos are gorgeous :)

Does anyone ever get a headache from scrying? I would practice much more regularly, but I've had some crackers of headaches from it. It seems to really take it out of me.

#36 Cameo

Cameo

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:10 AM

I never had much success with scrying. My first attempt at making a thread on this forum was was about cauldron scrying and the thread, much like my attempt went over like a lead balloon. I then went to a black mirror. I was very hopeful, but not much luck after many tries and many hours put into it. I am pretty much thinking that scrying isn't my thing, right?

Very recently I was in my local metaphysical shop. I had seen crystal skulls in various shops before but I never felt drawn to them. This time I felt very pulled in by them. I asked about prices and being the budget conscious person I am started to consider the cheapest one there. There was a pricier one that seemed to be saying "No, not that one, Me Me ME!" It was clear quartz on one side, cloudy on the the other with inclusions right down the center. I turned to my husband to discuss it, and he was so taken back by how out of character it was for me, he told me to get it without blinking. On the way home my pointed out a name of a store and I could have sworn the skull was saying, "Yup, that's me."

The scrying connection took a few days. I would look and see either images of skulls, of distorted or odd looking faces, which I was chocking up to pareidolia. The night before last I started seeing clearer images but they seemed random. Last night however, wow, just wow! It was like looking at a photograph. There is a specific effect that describes how I was seeing last night. The closest I could find was Lomo photography but with the closer images being more silhouette like and what was in the background being more in focus and rich with color that in no way could be a reflection. Needless to say, I am pretty excited.

#37 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:51 PM

I love my quartz crystal skull to work with as well Cameo. It is a 4-pound solid piece of quartz and not crystal clear but lined with natural inclusions.

They are especially pricey these days. I  got mine a few years ago when you could still get one without breaking the bank completely. 

If I had the forethought to buy one a few years before that I would have saved a lot more.

Oh well, it was worth it, and since then they have done nothing but go up in price, so there is that.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#38 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:26 PM

Those photos are gorgeous :)

Does anyone ever get a headache from scrying? I would practice much more regularly, but I've had some crackers of headaches from it. It seems to really take it out of me.

Not from scrying necessarily, but I've been getting some weird neck cramps lately when going into trance, whether laying down or sitting up. I make myself as comfortable as possible. Sometimes it inhibits me, and others I don't notice it until I come out. It's peculiar because for over a decade I haven't had this problem!

#39 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:24 AM

That's interesting! I have a bad neck most of the time, so I tend to lie on my side to scry. It starts with pain in my eyes