• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chriswhite50

chriswhite50

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:09 PM

Ok so this will be my first post. It has always been something that has bothered me. So when i want to know something like what a specific color means or what plants i need to use or what energies to call, i have to do some research. When I cast something, its a whole different story. Its automatic. I know every step and exactly what i need to do. No research at all. I just do. Its like something takes over and I'm just the vessel with the intention. Any clues on what that is or how i can have that all the time? I struggle with what to do all of the time. Do I want to work with demons? Do i want to work with spirits? It seems that I am part time and want to be full time but lost as hell on what full time is. The closest I came was when i got really heavy into working with plants and could use nature itself to do what i wanted. Anybody else ever experienced this hurdle?

#2 Mistflower

Mistflower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:18 PM

--------------------------------------------

"When I cast something, its a whole different story. Its automatic. I know every step and exactly what i need to do. No research at all. I just do. Its like something takes over and I'm just the vessel with the intention." 

-------------------------------------------------

I've quoted part of your post which actually I could have written myself. I don't have such a problem with it though - and it might not be so much of a hurdle as you suggest. Why not get right back to working with plants again? That could be the way forward. What plants did you have success with? Look into them some more. 

When it comes to looking up what colour means what - don't bother. Develop your own, personal correspondences.  You might have them already without realising.

Quick, said the bird, find them, find them,
Round the corner. Through the first gate

The Four Quartets by T.S. Eliot

#3 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:27 PM

This is how I usually cast but I think it's my "higher self" or subconscious dramatically taking the reigns. With correspondences I have read what they "mean" but I just go with my favorite colors or another color that strikes me at the time as being the correct one for whatever I'm trying to achieve. Same with stones and crystals and, to a lesser extent, tarot. 

I sort of hit a similar wall as that, if I'm understanding you correctly. I realized I was getting too caught up into expectations and wanting to jump deeper too rapidly and went sort of back to basics with what I already knew and decided to explore those things more deeply. I developed a sudden block for trancing and visualizing--after having success with those since I was a teenager--and after going back to practice instead of with purpose I had some of the most profound experiences I've had yet to date. I don't know if that helps.

#4 chriswhite50

chriswhite50

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:58 PM

Yeah that is about what it is like. There is a wall unless i need to do something and something takes over and says," well let me just walk around this wall right quick...ill put you back in a second!" lmao. As far as the plants i worked with, an ivy and begonia plant. I would set my altar up around those abd make the ivy side my wild nature and the begonia my personal self esteem nature. I would sit and clean and pick at it and basically a mesitation thing. I would bring other plants in and take out roots and do energy work with them. Then i started noticing something. I had the altar set up in my room. When i would sleep, i couldnt get a good rest. I always woke up drained. So one day i took the altar out of the room and i slept so damn good. Thats when i found out i had actually been doing something. Both plants require full sun and i had been giving them a couple of hours a day. I guess i had opened up a channel for them to feed off of me to grow. Amazing and scary. I also figured out how to bind a spell to a seed and how well the plant grew depended on how well the spell worked. I wanted to test it with a friend but she said she was bad at growing plants and didnt want to lmao.

#5 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:08 PM

It seems like you have more difficulty working at certain times than others, am I understanding correctly? Do you keep a journal? Not like a super witchy grimoire, just... a journal, of how you feel in general every day, and of when you have an easier or more difficult time doing things.

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#6 chriswhite50

chriswhite50

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:23 AM

Lol i could write volumes. I had a chat with my "higher self" (forewarnrinig: hes a know-it-all) his words were,"i am you. You created me to be a voice of reason. Reasonably speaking, you are lazy and you dont practice anything. Get off of your ass and get to work. They were right in saying get back to the basics. You never learned how to do the simple things and expected the answers to just be there." i called him a dick and the answers started to take shape. I need to learn to meditate and focus. Something so basic and simple. I have natural talents but its like a child stumbling around. A journal wouldnt be a bad idea. I always start but never keep up with it. Will put actual effort into it.

#7 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:07 AM

I was in a similar situation where I could have made more effort but didn't know where to start with new things. This site did help because it introduced me to loads of new idea's which you can transfer into your every day life so that some things become a part of your every day practice. Even things like making natural lemon spritzers which I spray around my house to cleanse negative energy. It's also a great thing to use in after my kids have used the bathroom!!

I am now looking into learning how to make my own candles, which I want to engrave and put specific energies into.... maybe engrave runic symbols. All of these little things I am adding into my time as part of my practice.

#8 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:18 PM

I can truly relate! I even made a getting back to the basics post several months ago. Llyr I am a craft and diy addict so if you need any help in the candle making department shoot me a msg!

#9 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:06 AM

Llyr I am a craft and diy addict so if you need any help in the candle making department shoot me a msg!

Fabulous thanks Kalinia!! I will keep that in mind! :)

Edited by Llyr, 21 September 2016 - 10:06 AM.

#10 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:12 AM

I hit a hurdle several times, first one was probably turning things from an interest into a practice. Then it was turning it from something I practiced into a lifestyle, and within that deciding what I believe spiritually. The hurdles overlapped, and they can ebb and flow. The hardest for me was and is finding out what I believed spiritually and then finding a way to make that belief a lifestyle and a part of every action, thought, and breath, (rather than just "aha" moments in a culture and job that does not support the belief). To me the hurdles are movements deeper into it, and they will most likely be continual over a lifetime (which is a good thing for spirituality is not static lol)....

M