• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:19 AM

An article I saw today brought this old thread back to mind...

It's in USAToday and titled "Witchy fashion is 2017's most exciting, subversive trend" -
http://amp.usatoday....tory/479771001/
(so, if it's on runways now, is there some reason it's "subversive" other than the fact that it's "witchy"? :thinking:)

Once again, I had to repress my gag reflex with some of the writing:

"...there are many archetypes of the modern witch, including "goth witches in black maxi dresses and capes, Wiccan girls in flowy boho looks with handfuls of rings and jarred herbs, sea witches with mermaid hair and tattered shipwreck looks, prairie witches in calico dresses magicking tumbleweeds across the dirt, (and) pink-haired mall witches in anime buns and belly shirts.""

"MAGICKING TUMBLEWEEDS ACROSS THE DIRT" ...
"MALL WITCHES"?!??
:vomit:

LOL @ "prairie witches in calico" I don't think anyone has worn calico on the prairie since the days of Laura Ingalls, witch or otherwise  :lol: also that tumbleweeds statement...I'm speechless hahaha. 

Edited by Madame, 28 July 2017 - 02:21 AM.

#22 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:21 AM

We had a similar trend in Australia in the 90's. It was predominantly Wicca. I was 18 and fascinated by it. I never made a start with Wicca because it was never quite right for me.

And now, here I am, finally on my path. I have that Wicca trend of the 90's to thank for that. It planted the seed for me. Also, I watched witches become more and more socially acceptable. Wicca and it's trends might be irritating, but I think we have a lot to thank it for as well.

#23 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

We had a similar trend in Australia in the 90's. It was predominantly Wicca. I was 18 and fascinated by it. I never made a start with Wicca because it was never quite right for me.

You mean this woman? :woot:

(I just found out about her existence this week :sickwitch:)

Attached Files

#24 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:41 AM

Fiona Horne? Yes, haha!