• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:10 AM

I have an 18 yr old cat who this weird thing has been happening to for about 2 years or slightly more. Sometimes I will see him enter a room before he actually enters it, or I'll see him dart through the house but he's actually sleeping or resting somewhere else. It's almost like a projection of him, and I can't tell if it's a spirit following him around or if it's somehow his doing. Has anyone else experienced this before? It's shaped like him and black like him so it's kind of hard to make out some details when I catch a glimpse of it zipping by....difficult to clarify what's going on :\

RSKHFMY

#2 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:08 AM

Totally normal for cats as far as I know... But are you certain that puss hasn't invited a friend over?  Not like a spirit thing, an actual strange cat might be sneaking in, which is no-shit a very normal activity for outdoor cats and feral cats, especially when getting in means using an uncomfortable upper story route. It's never happened to me, but I have read accounts of households that include more kitties than the humans realize.

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#3 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:47 PM

I see my cats OOB fairly often. The 14year old sits on a corner of the bed while sleeping on the other corner. I believe she keeps a lookout that way in case I should be compelled to randomly open a stray can of food, or a sliced ham should escape the fridge.

#4 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:31 PM

Christine - it's not another cat, this has gone on for years and we've moved several times since then. Also, it's definitely something without a physical body.

RSKHFMY

#5 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:32 PM

Zombee - that's what I've wondered, if it is my cats astral projecting throughout the house.... I don't see a pattern as to why he's doing it though.

RSKHFMY

#6 bluelily

bluelily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

I haven't heard too much of cats doing this, but I have heard a lot about them sensing and seeing others experience out of body experiences/astral projecting. I would definitely keep trying to fully see exactly what it is that you are seeing. Some Animals are so special in my opinion! I would start looking for a pattern, writing down when you see this happening, whats going on, how you are feeling, etc. Maybe this can help you determine whats going on, and why. 

#7 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:48 PM

My younger cats don't do as much of the OOB-ing as the eldest. Maybe it comes with age...the spirit is interested in the chase but the flesh needs it's rest. They all twitch as they are dreaming when they sleep.

#8 SelkieBlythe

SelkieBlythe

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:11 PM

All of my cats have done this. My cat visits me astrally from across the country now, since he's living with my mom. 

#9 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 01:42 AM

Sounds like cats to me. I also see my cat OOB. His physical body curled up asleep, while his spirit runs around chasing astral phenomena. 

Edited by Solanaceae, 20 August 2016 - 01:43 AM.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#10 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:46 AM

Hey, if it's not another cat then it isn't. I was just thinking about your sweetie's health.

Cats walk where, when, and as they will. I don't know much, but I know that. I have seen cats pull some crazy shit, in the things that are hard to talk about category. Good luck be with you.

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#11 FlyingPeregrine

FlyingPeregrine

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:25 PM

Is your kitty in good health? 

I was thinking if it's anywhere near time or they have a physical problem. Maybe it's just his shadow? Cats don't like seeing their shadows. Mine have chased after theirs before. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flying Peregrine

#12 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:03 PM

Have not had that, but years ago when we had a dog, we picked up a Spirit cat somewhere. We would see a shadow of what appeared to be a cat and we would feel it jump up onto the bed at night.

#13 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:40 PM

Is your kitty in good health? 

I was thinking if it's anywhere near time or they have a physical problem. Maybe it's just his shadow? Cats don't like seeing their shadows. Mine have chased after theirs before. 

He's in as good of health as an 18 yr old cat can be lol, so....sort of. 

RSKHFMY

#14 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:41 PM

Have not had that, but years ago when we had a dog, we picked up a Spirit cat somewhere. We would see a shadow of what appeared to be a cat and we would feel it jump up onto the bed at night.

I've thought of that, perhaps it's a cat spirit that he's made friends with? It hasn't happened since the move, so perhaps

RSKHFMY