• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:46 PM

This series just finished its first season on the Discovery Channel, and I have to say it was very interesting. Apparently, Shepherd's Town, West Virginia experiences so much spiritual activity that the police were swamped with calls of hauntings, to the point where a team of investigators was called in to see what they could do. They managed to find a connection between all the cases they covered, and calm things down. It was very anti-witch though, and those opinions seemed to come from the "witches work with the devil" kind of view point. Anyone else watch it?

#2 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:34 AM

Ohhhh that sounds interesting! I often take those kind of shows with a grain of salt since good TV does not always equal truth, but you can learn some things for sure!

Edited by Kalinia, 29 July 2016 - 12:41 AM.

#3 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:37 AM

A family member lives close by also I just found out! He isn't very in to this kind of thing but he sad he knows people there and they all say a majority of it is made up and they just go with it.

He also said nothing exciting there.. And it's "a hippie town" lol

I may have to check it out!

Edited by Kalinia, 29 July 2016 - 12:41 AM.

#4 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:25 AM

You know I enjoy some good mindless entertainment.  This is like some of the entries in most embarrassing book purchase- but I freaking loved the show "Paranormal State" at the time.  Didn't ever get in to any of the other similar shows, but I did have fun watching that one.  It can be all b.s.- its still entertaining.  Though it IS nice to know where the line between b.s. and reality is drawn.  I will very likely check this show out.

Kalinia- let us know if you get any more "inside" information:).

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe