New can of worms! Ley Lines?

Marshy

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if any of you have any thoughts on the topic of Leys? Been something I have had an interset in for a long time.:confused:

Hi Marshy,

Leys are something that's on my list of things to look into, other than getting bits and pieces here and there.

Hopefully someone else will have some more information / thoughts on them.

Something I seem to spend a lot of time reading about when I have the time. I know some years ago in my old amatuer radio days I did a few experiments along with a freind of mine and found that Leys certaiinly increase intensity of radio signals, so I cant see why they wouldnt work with energy as well, although I havnt had any experience of this yet! :shock:

Greetings M.H

I am by no means a purist on this but have had some small amount of experience in this basic area (although don't know if what we have here would go by the same terminology to pruists etc!)

The planet has seams for want of a better term or faults or veins which inherently allow better flow of energies along them. I have always found this to mean all forms of energy although having said that I will also add that some lines can be pretty specifc. Some people ascribe all manner of pseado religion to them but I feel the most useful understanding comes from simply stating that the energy a thing or place needs to be as it is is the sort it has. Hence it is the way it is. These lines or whatever you want to call them facilitate the flow of energies to and from each.

Where these lines intersect we are told are places of great power. It is known that there have been individuals who have worked to keep some areas clean of altering energies so that they remain as they are. I personally see them like train stations for much the same reason. Also considering them as wells is useful for at such places the energies soak into everything and all things that spend amounts of time in that area obviously take on the characteristics of that node or junction point' power.

It is worth noting that some years back now the Chinese were celebrating finding the last of several huge iron needles that were purportedly driven into their countryside by the occupying Japanese forces which grants another parallel - that of acupuncture. I believe their term was Dragon Lines or some such.

It should also be pointed out that some places or nodes can be divirced from ley lines by varying means and not all nodes ever were connected to ley lines. Some lines can be created or the result of man made structures as well - but whether they would be considered leys is another can again.

Fraternally

Scott

Hi Scott, that is very interesting and gives me a few more directions to search in. As I say it is an interest that I had quite a few years ago when we were doing some experiments with radio waves then as I have been doing more research on different topics just recently the subject seems to be re-occuring. Its probably just me but I cant resist trying to find that little bit more. If we dont look we shall never find! Thanks once again for you help, really enjoy reading you posts they always give me the encouragment to delve a bit deeper! :)

Greetings M.H

No problems at all ... I actually was surprised and really liked the idea that they may carry radio waves better ... I honestly had not thought of that as an application. Even though I have long since been aware of and considered the path swathes cut by high tension power lines as something of a variant ... and long thought of underground power cables as an interesting man made ley system .. radio waves simply hadn't occurred to me and I know one of two people who will be sparked by that idea! *G*

Fraternally

Scott

Hi Scott, The more I readabout this subject the more interestingand complex it seems to become. As I say this is something I hadnt looked at for quite some time, I know along with two or three friends I did a few experiments about 20 yrs ago and the results seemed to point to the factthat radio waves ( at least on 27metres) did seem to be amplified, alyhough I must admit this experiment was only done in the UK! Just seems I have picked a lot of pieces of info up over the years and every so often something will spark me off and ai have to look into it.:confused:

• 1 year later...

Hello

Well this is my second official post outside of the introduction forum and I almost started a new thread on this until I did a search, so here goes.

I was thinking about ley lines the other day. Specifically about how some ancient sites aligned with one another, not in any pattern, they just lined up. (like the medicine wheel and Stonehenge)

I was thinking that there are points along these alignments that energetically converge, kind of like acupuncture points, and that ancient people those who were in tune with the earth and it?s energy as well as their connection to it, naturally gravitated to these places and that?s why things like the medicine wheel and Stonehenge were created.

Ancient people intuitively knew where to go b/c of their connection.

So in thinking about that has anyone dowsed for ley lines on their property, provided they own any?

What were the results?

I also got to thinking of something a little more involved, like taking a topographical map, one could get those from the land surveyors office and maybe the library, and dowsing for ley lines on it/them.

I was thinking there are bound to be some and at least one convergence point in the area.

Then I got to thinking that maybe, depending on where it is, one could go there and meditate or something along those lines and see what happens.

I am suggesting all of this as an active magickal investigation. Those who came before us didn?t leave an instruction book or anything, they discovered things b/c they went and tried, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn?t, but the point is what?s to say we can?t do the same thing?

Any thoughts about this? Thanks for your time and warm welcome.

~Alpha

Then I got to thinking that maybe, depending on where it is, one could go there and meditate or something along those lines and see what happens.

I am suggesting all of this as an active magickal investigation. Those who came before us didn?t leave an instruction book or anything, they discovered things b/c they went and tried, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn?t, but the point is what?s to say we can?t do the same thing?

Any thoughts about this? Thanks for your time and warm welcome.

~Alpha

I have to admit that this is something that someday i wanted to look into - it's on my to do list..LOL

I have to admit that this is something that someday i wanted to look into - it's on my to do list..LOL

Ditto !! I want to get a large map of my local area & start with a pendulum over the map, then get outside to see what I can find !

I've been interested in ley lines for a while now just haven't got around to researching them further.

Alpha mentioned about dowsing for ley lines on your property but if you got a reaction how would you know whether you had found a ley line for sure, could the rods not be reacting to a ghost path? Just a thought.

Raina

There was a programme a couple of years back on ley lines, I just can't recall if it was bbc or channel 4 but I'll have a search. It was interesting though.

It's one of those subjects that is interesting but you never get around to looking into it in any depth. I'm taken by the idea of possibly being able to channel the energy.

Hmm.. there's a ley line in texas that's very famous. I went to it on a trip to Fredricksburgh. There's a site called Enchanted Rock.

If you're ever in the area, I'd check it out. :)

http://www.earth-keeper.com/enchantedrockarticle.shtml

Interesting! When I get back home I will most certainly go pay it a visit, thanks for the info.

As far as dowseing for ley lines and how you would get an indication that you found one, good question.

Umm is anyoone here more experienced with dowseing that can help with that one?

~Alpha

I have not yet used dowsing rods. That does sound interesting and I will try this experiment. This is a great idea Alpha. I will try it next week while kids are in school.

I have read about ley lines. But have not put much research in them. Rebie

Let us know how this works out please Rebie? I never thought of a rod either, would think it would pick up other energy. If it works I wouldn't mind seeing what I've got in my back yard energywise.

I have used a pendulum to indentify a ley line. It passed through the yard and cabin of a friend of mine. When walking over the ley line, the pendulum swings as to step on the line, and stops when you step off.

GO

Archived