• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:57 AM

Belle have you ever worked with Oracle cards? I really enjoy them. So much beautiful art work and variety

#22 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:36 AM

I also wanted to recommend playing cards (cartomancy) to read for others. I've just started reading with them and they are uncanny in their accuracy.
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#23 Bluemoon

Bluemoon

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:18 PM

I also wanted to recommend playing cards (cartomancy) to read for others. I've just started reading with them and they are uncanny in their accuracy.

Thanks for the info! I am definitely interested in using playing cards for divination. Do you have any resources that you recommend for those wanting to learn about this?

#24 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:50 PM

I have not done this, nor have I read this book- so I can not recommend per se.  The author has a podcast I enjoy, so I was aware of it and thought I would share.  It is specifically about reading with playing cards.   https://www.amazon.c...g/dp/1491225785  

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#25 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:22 PM

54 Devils by Cory Hutcheson (see Oroboros' link) & the blog The Art of Cartomancy at http://cardseer.wordpress.com are very good resources.
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#26 Bluemoon

Bluemoon

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:37 AM

I've been doing a little bit of reading on using playing cards and I'm noticing something. They seem pretty similar to the minor arcana from tarot, only with the removal of the page (or knight) from the courts. Could I essentially read them like tarot minor arcana cards? I have the images from the rider waite, as well as the suit and number qualities well learned.

#27 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:58 AM

I see no reason why you couldn't read them as you do tarot cards. 

#28 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:43 PM

Its great to hear that there's been improvement. Something that I've found to be a factor in your confidence and future readings is how the reading is received by the person you're doing it for. If they don't want to hear what the cards have to say, they'll close themselves off and get harder to read.