• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 03:49 PM

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone would like to share their thoughts on this. 

I have been struggling with health issues for a while now and I am sick of it. Doctors are of no help, besides helping me to rack up thousands in medical bills. My latest annoyance is dizziness. I am so sick of being dizzy. I saw a general doctor and an ENT who were unable to give me any answers. I have a few other ideas that I will run past my dr soon, but for now I was just curious what you think of this. 

I have not been in the mindset to do much work, dizziness is a bitch. I did however consult my tarot today, and simply asked " What can I do to get rid of this dizziness for good"  and I pulled the Magician card.

What do you get from that? I just want to make sure I am not missing anything. 

To me, I see the magician as a good card. A positive sign that if I keep persuing ways to heal, I will beat this. I get from it that I have to keep looking in to ways to heal, and not accept living with this forever. ( which can be easy to do, because I am so sick of seeing doctors) 

Thanks for reading! 

#2 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:22 PM

Grounding. I don't know about your other health issues, but forgetting to ground yourself regularly can cause dizziness and vertigo. If you also have random pins-and-needles, or electric effects, you can be certain that you aren't grounded properly. I have trouble remembering to do witchy self-care when I'm ill, and while my loved ones can be relied on to bring me fluids and help me wash up, they won't remind me to cleanse and ground. There is a laundry list of other witch things that will cause dizziness, but grounding is the place to start with all of them. "Have you tried turning it off and then back on again?"
Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#3 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:35 AM

The magician card means magic..That would mean you would consult the magician for healing work to be done.  It sounds like this is something that can be healed through magic.

That sounds like a clear message to me.

If I read a post like this, I can't help but send some healing energy your way but it is not the full treatment. 

I am sure you discussed this with your doctors, but could it be side effects from medication? or even discontinuing medication?

Have you tried Dramamine? If it is vertigo, that might work. My friend has that problem sometimes where he can't get out of bed but taking dramamine fixed it for good. I think he just needed one dose..Usually vertigo goes away on it's own eventually. I have never had it but I have known people who did.

#4 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:19 PM

Thank you for the replies! I am going to start grounding more often starting today. I know my self care in that area has been lacking.

My mother just gave me some dramamine to try. I know it's not medicine related.

I definitely do need to delve deeper for healing work. I have bouts of vertigo randomly but it's mostly an off equilibrium feeling dizziness that stays. I have a few ideas to be tested for.. Along with this so we will see! Thanks!

#5 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:53 PM

Extreme, prolonged, unresponsive to medicine (especially anti -vertigo meds) dizziness can be a sign of anxiety/panic attacks...or stroke.  

In either case, medicines for dizziness will prove useless... ruling out whatever these particular drugs are designed to treat. 

Grounding probably won't help, but it's worth a try.

The Magician Card.... do you consider yourself magical? it could symbolize that the root cause of the dizziness begins and ends with you... as does the cure.

Edited by Nikki, 09 May 2016 - 04:54 PM.

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#6 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:29 AM

I have a feeling it's something to do with hormonal imbalance/adrenals. Going to hopefully find out soon!

I do not consider myself abnormally magical. I do know that I am blocked right now and maybe that is a cause of some of my issues. Something spiritually and physically is very out of whack!

#7 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:26 AM

Well Nikki there are for sure a ton of things that grounding practice won't fix, but it's an easy one to rule out as a starting point, takes maybe five minutes and is free. Plus it's good for you and is a thing you do for yourself on your own. Balancing forces, above as below, fake out the system by keeping money instead of paying for drugs, trick your body into healing itself, when it works it looks like a miracle cure, it all screams The Magician. Also the Magician is totally on top of his grounding, be more like this card. And if it turns out to be something a simple practice won't fix, when you have to go deal with all that you'll be grounded already.
Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#8 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:47 AM

This is not at all a traditional interpretation of the card but since we are just brainstorming ideas I thought I'd throw this out there...

In one of my decks, the Magician card is called The Shaman. So when I read your post, the thing that popped up in my head was "shaman sickness".

Now truth be told, I know very little about shaman sickness, nor do I know whether you do the sort of work that could bring it about ...it literally just popped up in my consciousness like a little thought bubble.. But you did mention it's keeping you from doing work (magick workings? Or job/career work?). So I wonder if this could be energy related? Grounding as other suggested is a good place to start if this is the case. And making sure that your entire "energy body" resides within the boundaries of your physical body is also something I've heard shamans speak of when it comes to dizziness and other side effects of shamanic work.

I know that not every one buys into the concept of fractured souls and all that, but if you're having many health problems and engaging in spirit work that involves leaving your physical body, many shamans in my tradition tell me that energy-related Illnesses are a common side effect.

#9 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:25 PM

It's interesting that you mention this. I have pulled the shaman oracle card several times and leave myself notes to focus on this. But that's just it.. Focus is stupidly hard lately! https://imgur.com/kf6QDMr

Grounding yesterday did help me feel better for a while, atleast settled a bit more. I really thank you for the suggestion.

My instinct tells me this is for sure spiritual and physical. I really have to work on things but it's very hard when I can barely read and focus let alone direct energy where I want it.

I am very hopeful that this isn't forever though! Thanks for reading and replying

#10 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:32 PM

The shaman topic has been coming up a lot lately. It was brought to my attention and I had to look into a little bit, and then Abraxia has mentioned it. 

Synchronistically...that term has been popping up over and over.

#11 AuroraBaenSidhe

AuroraBaenSidhe

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:05 PM

I tend to get the dizzies when I overextend myself. In a hectic life, sometimes we forget to take care of our own energy because we are so outwardly focused. I am guilty of this more often than I care to admit. As many have already suggested: grounding. I would also suggest a cleansing and a meditation. 

It's a tad unorthodox, but when the dizzies come for me I do what I call a Laying back meditation. Basically, I don't try to direct any energy, or contain it. I don't make any attempts to clear my mind. I pop in my headphones, turn up the music as loud as I can stand, lock the doors and just stay that way until my intuition says I can stop. More often than not this has fixed things for me. Might be worth a try! :) 

That said I would still encourage you to seek medical attention, just in case.