Lucifer

Abraxia

Not directly witchy, but close enough.  I thought this show was slow to warm up but now the first season is done, I'm finding it really quite interesting.  If I'd watched it weekly, I don't think I would have stuck with it, but seeing 17 eps in 2 days really helped me to get into it.

At first I thought they were following mormon beliefs, but with the direction they've set for the next season, I'm not sure anymore.

It's based on the idea Lucifer has decided to leave hell and have some fun walking the earth, so he sets himself up as a club owner and ends up teaming up with a cop - explained in the first ep.

They point out the xtian idea of Lucifer is wrong several times.  As I said in the first post, I think the concept was along the mormon beliefs line, but the last episode points to a definite divergence from xtianity.  Not going to give away what that is.

I thought the acting was AWFUL initially but whatever it was about it seemed to gain its own charm after a couple episodes. And regardless of this, I kind of stopped watching for no apparent reason, probably due to night shifts...

Might go back to it now. Curiousity is piqued lol

I stumbled upon this show.  Watched the first 2 or 3 episodes. I liked the actor playing Lucifer; think he is well cast for the role.

I thought the idea that Lucifer is evolving is an interesting concept. What great opportunity for character development and plot twists !!!

Plus the potential 'cast of characters' that could be introduced over time -  amazing 'historical' back-stories galore !!!

Not sure if it was the 'campy' acting, trying to keep 'it light' or that 'made for Network T.V.' lack of depth, etc..., that made me lose interest.

I truly found the idea for the show promising, but the overall delivery disappointing. Disappointing enough to stop watching.

Might give the show another gander -  if I stumble upon it again.

• 3 weeks later...