• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:42 AM

Thank you for your response! I've tried looking, but maybe I'm not looking correctly? :P

Not every one works with spirits, at least not with a conscious intent to. Some people find it unnecessary for their practice. From some of the things you have said, you may not have a choice. They don't have to run your life, and you can choose how you work with them, but they will be there. If you already have attracted the attention of such entities, you will need to know how to protect yourself. The need will arise. As others have stated, probably the best way to do that is with other spirits. Ones that you know and trust. Ancestors, allies, guides, guardians, whatever you want to call them. If you look through the forum members stories, you will find you are not alone. Most of us have had frightening experiences on this path, especially when we were new. This is a part of how we learn and grow. Gain strength an confidence in your abilities. Don't let fear rule you.

I typed in 'ancestor work' and come up with some stuff that may be useful to you.

http://www.tradition...+ancestor +work

There are lots more, but that should give you good a starting place anyway.

Edited by Solanaceae, 21 April 2016 - 02:32 PM.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#22 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:13 AM

From some of the things you have said, you may not have a choice. They don't have to run your life, and you can choose how you work with them, but they will be there. If you already have attracted the attention of such entities, you will need to know how to protect yourself. The need will arise. 

----

+1 for this.  And you have to do more than learn how to protect yourself if you don't have a choice in having them around: you have to strengthen every part of yourself to be able to deal on their level.

#23 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:39 AM

Completely agreed, @ImamSua. My work deals VERY heavily with spirits, especially nature and elemental spirits that are already present in this world. Working with them requires immense respect of the world around you and learning to attune yourself to them very closely without opening yourself up to the more harmful things lurking around; it takes a lot to maintain that kind of balance, and I had no choice but to learn. It sounds like you're in the same sink or swim kind of situation in terms of learning that kind of stuff.

#24 leucoleo

leucoleo

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:15 AM

Completely agreed, @ImamSua. My work deals VERY heavily with spirits, especially nature and elemental spirits that are already present in this world. Working with them requires immense respect of the world around you and learning to attune yourself to them very closely without opening yourself up to the more harmful things lurking around; it takes a lot to maintain that kind of balance, and I had no choice but to learn. It sounds like you're in the same sink or swim kind of situation in terms of learning that kind of stuff.

Yeah, I'm not too sure. It's terrifying, but the more that I talk about it, and the more that I'm reading, the more I'm becoming aware of some things that are happening on a regular basis. (TV's turning off; phones, not one, not two, but three all having issues around the same time; items disappearing and reappearing on a different side of the house;lightbulbs bursting; it's getting kind of crazy) But I never thought anything of it, because I'm so used to it, and I also think it may have something to do with the way my family has sort of been turned against one another for the most ridiculous of reasons. I feel like seeking this out may have made something very angry with me. 

All is full of love, 

You'll be taken care of;

All is full of love, 

It's all around you.

#25 leucoleo

leucoleo

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:15 AM

Also the support I've received from all of you is amazing, just as all of you are. Thank you so much! :) <3

All is full of love, 

You'll be taken care of;

All is full of love, 

It's all around you.

#26 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:23 PM

If talking about it is making the problem worse, the spirit in question is acting like a parasite, not a spirit you need to be working with. Things like that don't like being talked about (especially when the people on the other side of the computer know what to do to get rid of them) because they just want to keep making people miserable in silence. I would recommend going through your house with sage and stating that everything unwelcome or harmful has to go; that should go a long way toward making things easier on you. But in the meantime, definitely keep working on connecting with spirits you trust; ancestor spirits are a great place to start.

#27 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:07 AM

For me, personally, there's a big difference between magic and spirituality, and magic does not need to involve spirits, of dead humans or other things, lol. I would say what many others have said - start with a relationship with your ancestors. Get to feel their energy so that you recognize it and can tell it from other energy. Also, for me it is always important to have protection, especially in the working of magic or anything that may attract "attention" and the ancestors are one of the best protections one can have. They can see  things you can't, know things you won't. They can warn, advise, and guide. Push you in the right direction or push you away from harm. And they don't need to have been "witchy" just people you trust who care about you. And most of the ancestors care about their line. Everyone has the odd ancestor who wasn't the best of people,, and for that reason when I started working with them I was told dedicate their communication vessel (glass of water) to specific ancestors or at least stipulate ancestors with good intentions, lol. I practice in a folk tradition ancestor way of where I live, but I do think its a good idea to stipulate. I talk to them pretty much daily, and feed them daily.

For magic I do that separately, not at my ancestor mesa blanca/alter. Sometimes if it is family related I will specifically ask for guidance before hand. And I always ask for their blessing and protection and thank them for it. Often if I don't know the right answer or way to approach a problem, I will ask them for guidance and then wait to see what happens. But I always honor them. I'm here because they existed.

M :-)

#28 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:10 AM

P.S. I haven't read the other thread yet, but as far as "deals" go..... that does not sound to me like an ancestor interaction. If you have no protection or guidance, I would not make deals with anything. Your ancestors guide you out of love, not deals.

M

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: protection, basics, help