Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RoseRed

Magic in the Ancient World @ Penn Museum, thru April 2017

nice.

I will have to make a trip down there to check it out.

It's open for a year.  It's close enough for a day trip the next time we go 'home' for a visit.  :)

I'll be close-ish to Philly soon.... East Coast TW members, I say we have a little meet up

I'm jealous!  You guys should definitely try to meet up and see this together :)

oooh!  I'm so doing that!  Thank you for posting this!! This is just under 2 hours from me:) :) :)

--Oh, and for those who enjoy bones, and historical looks at medicine and maladies there is also the Mutter Museum in Philly.  This includes weird shit like skeletons of conjoined twins etc.. Give it a google.  While your there saying the magic museum, you may want to check it out.  http://muttermuseum.org

Come on Aefre- you can do it.  Dust the damn broom off and get on over here.   You can bring your house guests and let us show them how "real English" is spoken- lol:).

Come on Aefre- you can do it.  Dust the damn broom off and get on over here.   You can bring your house guests and let us show them how "real English" is spoken- lol:).

I'd love to respond more thoroughly to your invitation, but because of your American accent, I haven't a clue what you just said :D

Hey Aefre, If you are looking for a great little witchcraft museum in the UK take a look in Boscastle :)

I went there recently, I will put some pics up if people are interested.... lots of interesting stuff.

Hi Llyr, I've heard about this wonderful museum, but never been.  To be honest, I could probably fly to the US in less time than it would take to drive down to Cornwall lol, especially on that cart track of a road in Summer!

However, I am now inspired to give them a call and find out when they open in the Winter months.  It is a place I plan on visiting.

Please do put your pictures up, I'd love a sneak preview x

Hi Llyr, I've heard about this wonderful museum, but never been.  To be honest, I could probably fly to the US in less time than it would take to drive down to Cornwall lol, especially on that cart track of a road in Summer!

However, I am now inspired to give them a call and find out when they open in the Winter months.  It is a place I plan on visiting.

Please do put your pictures up, I'd love a sneak preview x

----------------------------

absolutely! bring on the underpass under Stonehenge (and replace the Happy Eaters en route with something more tempting)!

And while you're at it, turn up the thermostat, it's freezing....

actually I think it's Little Chef not Happy Eater. (clearly I've been reflecting deeply on this)

Be careful what you wish for.  They'll probably replace them with Nando's :(

Bugger.... Sorry I haven't put the pics up yet, I totally forgot this weekend and was only reminded when I just saw this thread again. I am unable to add them when I am in work but I will add them soon!!

Ok as promised, although a little late. Here are some photos from the Museum of Witchcraft in Boscastle in Cornwall in the UK. Plenty of more to see but I am not really a "take a photo at every opportunity" person lol.

The only thing that did annoy me about the museum is that it did blend wicca into the museum and had a lot of Crowley memorabilia towards the end.. but as I understand the guy who opened the museum.. Cecil Williamson was a friend of his. I haven't included any photos that I took of that although I did take a couple.. but I will add if requested. So here is some of the stuff on show.

Fuck.

Erm.. before I do this would someone like to tell me how I do it??? I thought it would be the "my media" option but computer says no... its not happening.

Nope copy and paste don't work either.. sorry peeps I am shit at this

Llyr,

When you click on 'reply', down in the right corner is a button for 'more reply options'. Once you get there, below the box you type in is an 'attach files' function. Use that.

The picture of a rams scull was found on an altar on bodmin moor, up until the 1950's, 3 old women used to go up from their village to tidy it up and make sure it was all laid out correctly. The skull and some of the original altar was given to the museum after the women had stopped going up to it... presumed due to old age and not being able to travel up to the moors or even death. It was pretty cool, it had markings drawn onto the skull. They meant nothing to me, maybe someone on here can recognise them??

If you can read the notices explaining what the exhibitions are then please do.. some are fascinating.

The crystals at the end were at a shop in the village. The amethyst is one of only 2 in the world that big.. look at the price tags on them.. the pictures don't do them justice.

In the same shop the guy pulled a pebble out of his pocket about the same size as the palm of a hand. He pressed an LED light on his key ring on the stone and took at away.... the light stayed on the stone for about 2 minutes after he took it away. I shit you not... the pebble absorbed the light. I thought it was fucking incredible myself but it wasn't for sale... he said he might think about selling it for about 5k. I have never seen anything like it personally.

Anyways... hope you enjoy the pics.. feel free to ask any questions and I will try my best to answer them, :)

post-3541-0-13175100-1463686747_thumb.jpeg

post-3541-0-71492600-1463686768_thumb.jpeg

post-3541-0-94761500-1463686773_thumb.jpeg

post-3541-0-28844200-1463686778_thumb.jpeg

post-3541-0-59008100-1463686781_thumb.jpeg

post-3541-0-51897200-1463686786_thumb.jpeg

post-3541-0-69681500-1463686790_thumb.jpeg

post-3541-0-63499300-1463686794_thumb.jpeg

post-3541-0-42540700-1463686798_thumb.jpeg

post-3541-0-06179100-1463686802_thumb.jpeg

post-3541-0-28368900-1463686807_thumb.jpeg

post-3541-0-12494400-1463686810_thumb.jpeg

post-3541-0-23456200-1463686815_thumb.jpeg

post-3541-0-19912200-1463686818_thumb.jpeg

By the way these photos are the correct way up in my folder so I apologise for the mystery of the 90 degree rotation on some of them!!