• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:22 PM

Isn't there a difference between the patterns and images we see in patterns or clouds, and scrying?   I thought scrying was projecting images upon a smooth surface...where finding images or faces in objects or in nature is a different thing. I do that all the time, they are everywhere but that is more about synchronicity. 

#22 Mistflower

Mistflower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:04 PM

Ah I didn't know that, Belle!

In that case, I've not done scrying.

Quick, said the bird, find them, find them,
Round the corner. Through the first gate

The Four Quartets by T.S. Eliot

#23 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:22 PM

@mistflower...You do it inside...like I do.  It's the same thing but without the use of an external tool. You said you look at something, then you go inside..That's it. 

Besides, I know your images are meaningful.  Synchronicity is a powerful tool, but I don't think it is the same thing as scrying.

#24 Mistflower

Mistflower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:56 PM

Knowing me, if I invested in a special black mirror or scrying bowl thing, it wouldn't work! Perhaps I'll just stick to the syncronicity of the clouds and the cream in my coffee.... (sounds messy I know ;) )

Edited by Mistflower, 08 April 2016 - 07:57 PM.

#25 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:52 AM

I havnt done this many times but placing a candle behind a crystal ball in a dark room is my favorite.

#26 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:39 AM

You can scry in anything reflective.  I'm not saying that learning to do this is easy, because it's not.  One of my 'associates' is a master at this, and I really need to talk to her more about this.

Maybe it's just a natural talent for some people.

I have several..unusual methods of scrying.  During the harvest season, when the wheat is waving in the grain, I trance out and can see patterns in the waves the wind creates.

This isn't my method, but one I've learned.  Take a glass someone has drank from, fill it with water, and a few drops of your blood.  This is a dedicated scrying device for the person in question.

On the same vein, I use a cut crystal glass filled with water and drops of blood, illuminated by candles from varied angles.

This is what works for me anyway.

Remember that others can scry as well, and be nosy.  I've mentioned this before, but a friend was concerned and decided to check up on me, and I was out of it sleeping(ahem, being a poisoner is an art, not without hazard), and I quote, "Your breathing was really slow, I was really concerned...less concerned after you 'bitchslapped' me straight back into my body.  It's like you didn't recognize who I was."

I don't know if you call that astral vision when you're sleeping, or what, but it's apparently something I need to work on.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#27 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:35 AM

Isn't there a difference between the patterns and images we see in patterns or clouds, and scrying?   I thought scrying was projecting images upon a smooth surface...where finding images or faces in objects or in nature is a different thing. I do that all the time, they are everywhere but that is more about synchronicity. 

Scrying isn't about projecting your own images. 

I do believe it's a natural Talent.  I also believe that if anyone has a spark of this that they can work with it and improve, as with any skill.

Mild meditative state, unfocused vision, crystal balls, cloud formations, the leaves on the trees blowing in the breeze, different people use different things. 

Seeing omens is a little different than scrying.  Omens kinda jump out at you.  Scrying is an activity. 

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#28 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:40 PM

Ok then.  I always thought it was about using a reflective surface, which some people can see images in, or it would serve as a tool to allow them to see within the minds eye. 

I know that some people are better at seeing visions externally, and some internally, but I thought the purpose was the same.

What I don't get, is that if you are cloud gazing, everybody present can see the same thing...The images that the universe creates that we can all see if we look. 

But if your crystal gazing, then the view is subjective to the viewer. Everybody doesn't see the crystal ball image.  I thought that  I read somewhere, maybe in the National Inquirer, that the image was a 3rd eye projection, or it could be viewed internally, like a movie.

One is clairvoyant and the other is pattern recognition, but I didn't know that they were all called scrying.  

So, I apologize for misinforming. 

Anyway.....Thank you. 

#29 Nera

Nera

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:44 PM

Great topic. I learned a lot from you guys. I have not much to add to this as I don't really scry. I meditate and get some inner visions but it's not scrying.

"There are some who may seem -seem not- as others seem,

who walk life's ragged mile

hid' beneath Man's common guise.

Yet such are they that seem by day,

who walk abroad by night."

#30 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:51 AM

Scrying is........a highly, highly useful art.  I have a friend who uses scrying, working from home as a stock trader, and makes a LOT of money doing so.  Wish she didn't live on the other side of the country, I'd love to study with her.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#31 Mistflower

Mistflower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:33 PM

I'm going to get a chiminea for the patio. Looking forward to watching the smoke from that, especially on starry nights.

#32 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:48 PM

Cool! B)

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#33 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:03 PM

ImamSua, doesn't Constantine use the cats eyes to get in hell?

Anyone else here scry on the images you see in the blood flow of your eyelids when your eyes are closed? Like the popcorn ceilings, it's never something I set out with an intention to do, but occasionally when I'm meditating,an image vividly forms from the blobs of color.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

YES! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

The most effective way to do this I've found is to close eyes on a sunny day while being driven by someone else through a place with dappled shadows. The random pulses of light and dark will be throwing pictures within about 10 seconds, the trick then being to focus on one particular idea or questions and to retain enough of the images to come to a conclusion.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." You may call me Jed.