• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:39 PM

My granddaughter helped me.  I feel old!

#82 StJohn

StJohn

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 05:35 PM

Video games, writing, and illustrating are all my vices.

אל תפחד

#83 steffykaye

steffykaye

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 11:02 AM

When I’m not “witchin” I am a full time grad student working currently on my online Master’s in complementary alternative medicine and certification in herbal medicine and clinical aromatherapy. I garden, wildcraft, and can (or jar if I’m feeling my Irish roots that day 😝) veggies and make jams and jellies, I love to bake and most of our bread and sweets in the house are home made (except during finals week). We also run a business making and selling tie dye. I also help run a food pantry and a program to help with socialization among children, particularly foster children and those with special needs. I also help take care of my aged father and cater to our cats. Also keep the house in order, partially because my partner works outside the home for 12-16 hours a day and partially because he doesn’t do it right 😂 In my spare time I read (everything from the classics to Nora Roberts), binge watch Netflix, and play rpg games like World of Warcraft and Neverwinter.

Edited by steffykaye, 16 August 2019 - 11:03 AM.

#84 Ozman

Ozman

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:22 AM

I love reading and writing about History, writing poetry, playing various instruments, and studying various philosophies-mostly ancient Greece and Eastern. I'm  a big Doctor Who fan so I watch that and am always on the hunt for Cardigans.

#85 Jivecat

Jivecat

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:05 AM

LOL, steffykaye, I'm gonna borrow that "when I'm not witchin' line" ;)

And so, when I'm not witchin' - I make art, watch lots of campy movies (I particularly love MST3K and Rifftrax), I play Elder Scrolls Online or other video games, I like to journal and work on inner reflection/growth which couples well with studying philosophy, and I also love me some online window shoppin'. Pinterest is a terrible addiction. You're speaking my language, Ozman, about the cardigans.

I also have plans in the works to teach myself to sew, and sculpt my own articulated action figures.

Oh, and I play D&D.

I don't like to cook... but I'm hoping bringing witchin into my kitchin' will change that for me.

#86 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:19 PM

I should add that I spend as much time in the woods as I possibly can.  I also do more than my fair share of daydreaming and fantasizing.

#87 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:36 PM

I also do more than my fair share of daydreaming and fantasizing.

I good at that too! As well as lollygagging and pinterest!

#88 Lyra

Lyra

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:38 AM

Jivecat I play D&D too!!!well.... i would if I had a group...
I have been offline for a while, stalking the house down the street where im 98% sure another witch lives but we have nevee talked.... her dog likes me and runs away to my house while shes away. Spending a lot of time working on myself and my path as well. I do anlotbmore than my share of daydreaming and I have been working on my own remedies. And being a mom.

#89 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 05:36 PM

Wow, witches and gamers. Love it.  I grew up playing D&D.  I still carry a D20 to make saving throws against evil spells.

#90 NatureMama

NatureMama

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:41 AM

Love this thread!

I'm a complete introvert and am happiest at home. I love a quiet life, chocolate, comfort food, and a good cup of herbal tea or cocoa. I love stories, myths, the fantastic, and the mystical.

My practice is intertwined so much in my life I can't really draw the line when I'm witching and when I'm not but my other life components of creating a beautiful life are raising my children, homemaking, horseback riding, spending time and walking in nature, studying nature, plants and animals, alternative and natural healing and medicine, energy healing, and reading. I love to learn and am always studying and researching new things so that takes up a great deal of my time. Spirituality is a huge part of my life and who I am so continuously learning, reading and practicing is a big part of my daily life.

The list of things I'd like to do more of is a mile long, including; continuing to learning to draw and paint, doing more art and crafting/creating, camping, much more gardening of all kinds, growing and working with herbs, more sewing, get my little homestead up and going and start beekeeping, get milk goats and chickens, start canning again, the list goes on. 

The list of things I've always wanted to learn to do is a mile long as well; woodcarving, wood burning, working with clay, candle making, soap making, preserving food through fermentation, calligraphy, basket weaving, spinning, jewelry making,drumming, story telling, and on and on. 

When I just need to rest my brain and checkout for a bit I watch a good movie, documentary or a tv series I've really wanted to see. I don't think the majority of what is out there is worth watching but occasionally find something good! Often a foreign or independent film or tv series. 

#91 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:22 PM

Yes, Chocolate!!!

#92 HagaGrimalkin

HagaGrimalkin

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:52 PM

Quilting and oldtimer cars (2 Honda classic cars and a DAF classic car which is typical Dutch, I'm from the Netherlands) are my other passions. The quilting is hand quilting and I make patterns with lots and lots of patches, sometimes 4 or 5 thousand in just one quilt.

#93 HagaGrimalkin

HagaGrimalkin

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:53 PM

Yes, Chocolate!!!

O gosh.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE chocolate. And wine. Red wine.. Where's my wine?

#94 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:04 PM

O gosh.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE chocolate. And wine. Red wine.. Where's my wine?

White Wine for me! And Chocolate!

#95 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:51 PM

Red wine.

Truly nectar of the gods...

#96 Mona

Mona

Advanced Member