• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Loboblanco

Loboblanco

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:43 AM

I love drawing and art (painting and 3d also, although i don't draw almost anything lately and painting is just love, some day i will learn to do it)

I am also deep interested in bushcraft, and just stay in nature, wildcrafting, mushrooms, and poison plants. I always loved plants and herbs, and made some incenses cunningham style when i was wiccan. I would like to learn to do it in a traditional way, taking in account the spirit of the plant , forgetting cunningham as correspondences etc ...

I also love making bread, and trying to make a good , artesanal bread, that is not so easy (fermentation, etc)

And i also love pyrotechnics and fireworks

#62 Vivienne

Vivienne

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:15 AM

I adore gaming (PC, and Playstation 1,2 & 3DS) especially Skyrim, The Sims series and Legend of Mana, sewing, gardening and reading ALL the books. :) I'm into all things tea related,china teacups, silver tea pots and whatnot. I enjoy documentaries, historical dramas and murder mysteries (Downton Abbey, Miss Fisher's Mysteries,etc.) as far as regular tv goes and anime as well. For exercise, I like hiking and horseback riding. For 'culture', opera and museums of all kinds. I don't do anything super artsy but I do like to make cute little watercolor pictures for my son, Beatrix Potter-esque things.

#63 sleepnheat

sleepnheat

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:00 AM

Let's see, if it's outdoors, I'm all for it! Love canoing, hiking, camping, shooting, scuba diving, etc. I love aviation, both full scale & RC. and I love to garden. I also am a licensed HAM radio operator and typically build my own (getting them to work, that is a different story....Haha).
Inside, I am a bit of a book worm. I don't watch much TV, but when I do, it's usually a documentary or Big-Bang Theory :-)

#64 Moly

Moly

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:57 PM

Did an undergrad in lit and used to read a lot and love to write, constantly avidly reading literary and genre fiction and constantly being creative with writing, nothing matched the thrill of resolving my inspirations and ideas in text. When I started postgrad in a different field, all my text seemed to go awry and I don't write anymore, don't read either. I've finished postgrad now and am looking for work, have a 2nd round interview with a big organisation next week. I need to earn well to take care of my mother who has some problems. But really I am a simple person, just love reading and writing, drawing, music, took piano lessons for 10 years, love to see opera or ballet if I can, love swimming laps. When I get settled into a new job I hope some of these things will return, right now I only play video games to relax.

#65 Steriki

Steriki

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:23 PM

I love reading and anything music related. Hard to imagine but I play the organ in church (I love the instrument and music, and I'm good at it). I don't really watch TV but every now and then I get really hooked on a series and I will binge watch. Gardening is also a hobby, although my current flat only allows for potted plants. And lastly I spend a lot of time on cats. I have my own and I foster bottle kittens for a shelter.

*Not all who wander are lost *

#66 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:51 AM

Put briefly, I collect skills, and the tools and materials to practice them. If you can imagine  a craft I've probably had a go at it and there's a good chance I still have the gear . . .

(still want to try foundry work, copper embossing and glass blowing in the hard materials, and crochet and felting in the soft, and want another shot at tanning).

I'm a book addict, (4K at last count) and read and garden all the time.

Currently active in blacksmithing, wood turning, sewing, herbal medicine, brewing and distilling.

Sports not so much, I shoot, do archery, used to do Parkour and ran a parkour class at my old school, do free weights when I have time.
Do a bit of self taught HEMA from the manuals as there is no group nearby to practice with; sword and shield, and long sword. Will try spear when I've finished making it.

I get on well enough with people who aren't bigoted idiots, but find it difficult to connect with most people (TV, celebs, etc MEH -_- ) so don't seek them out as most can't keep up with my thought processes.

Love my wife, my cats, my family.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." You may call me Jed.  

#67 MuireAnne

MuireAnne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:56 PM

I am an unapologetic introvert so most of my interests actually don't revolve around social engagement. I LOVE gardening, botanical research, and nature exploration. Activities associated might include casual day hiking, foraging, or multi-day backcountry adventuring.

Learning new knowledge and skills is one of my favorite things to do. I am nearly always delving into some body of independent research or adding to my existing knowledge. I love travel...I haven't been able to do nearly enough of that yet. I'm finishing up a nursing degree, so hopefully when I graduate that will be something I can do more of. I'm planning a celebratory trip to Europe with my best friend who is also graduating with me. Can't wait!

Love cooking and baking, especially bread! Herbalism and natural medicines are a favorite topic of mine to read or talk about.

I really love creating things. Whether it's art or clothing or food or wine or medicine, I really enjoy the process from inspiration to intent+will to manifestation. It's life affirming and empowering and I never ever get tired of it. I think it's just part of who/what I am.

True magic is neither bad nor good. It is both, because nature is both; loving and cruel all at the same time. The only good or bad is in the heart of the witch. Life keeps a balance on its own. - Lirio