• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:45 PM

Never played it; my consoles are mostly Zelda and Pokemon machines, with some Kingdom Hearts and Undertale machines thrown in to mix it up every once in a while.

#22 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:06 PM

Absolutely LOVE zelda and Kingdom hearts~~! 

#23 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:05 PM

I do lots of crafts, including card making, crocheting, the list goes on indefinitely. I don't watch much television, but the little bits I do watch, I watch adamantly. I read a LOT, always have my nose in a book. I love cooking as well, especially foreign cuisines - trying something new is right up my alley. I have a lot of hobbies.... make-up, fire spinning, wildcrafting...

RSKHFMY

#24 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:41 AM

Kalinia, I live out in the country now(and thus have shite wireless net), but during college, I was a top WW-ranked brigand on Everquest 2.  

I've been told, by a few people that know me really well, that I'm just a big, magic nerd.  LOL

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#25 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:56 AM

Lol that's awesome!!!

#26 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:41 AM

I'm studying a million different things - what can I say? I like to learn.

I'm also a herbalist, mad gardener, did I mention total book nerd?

I have cats whom I adore, I like to sleep in (morning - what's that?), I read a lot, I live in the middle of nowhere so I live a quiet, hermitess life which I like. Not one for engaging with people much.

I craft a lot, I do like to cook - I saw this thing on James Martin Home Comforts about this woman in Scotland who has a Macaron business and thought, I'd like to try and make some - so next project. I also have a collection of Baked and Delicious I never really used because of a crappy oven, we have a new oven and it's getting to winter to I'm planning lots of baking. 

So that's my non-witchy life. Books, cats, garden, sleeping, baking, internet, learning and people-avoidance.

"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing." Severus Snape - HP and the Order of the Phoenix

#27 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:12 AM

I'm an information sponge so I always have a very broad interest in many topics...but to narrow it down to a few?  I could probably do that

I play guitar and spend a lot of effort (perhaps not as much as I used to) practicing playing and even recording occasionally. 

I have an overwhelming, even unnatural, interest in botany...my fascination with the plant kingdom is intrinsically linked to my practices as an Earth witch. 

Psychology is a huge passion for me, I often have problems with placing myself in the position of another person (surprise!  a witch with a lack of empathy!) but I have a knack for relating parts of my life and my experiences in a way which may help others.  I am also one of the rare individuals that believes that an overwhelming majority of cases of mental illness (certainly not all of them though) can be solved within the catacombs of the mind rather than with a pill.

Public speaking...it may be strange but I have a passion for it and often wish I could do it more.  I was a teacher for a time at a homeless shelter and really enjoy educating people.  What is interesting is that I may have known this about myself my senior year in high school but didn't realize it until I had to do it for that job.  Unfortunately this interest of mine is much less plausible as a career option without getting more formal education.  I regularly resent the idea that society requires me to have documents to prove how much education I have.

Languages and their formation and divergence...I find the concept of language and writing development to be overly fascinating...as well as how different cultures can have language and dialect separated by sometimes a simple river or ridge of mountains.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#28 artemis13

artemis13

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:38 PM

I write poetry, spend a lot of time outdoors with my daughter, listen to music, chat with my close friend, and watch Netflix and movies. I go to college to study Birth-Kindergarten education. Simply put when I am finished, I will be a teacher. I read a lot. I normally have at least 2 books that I am reading at a time.

Edited by artemis13, 27 June 2016 - 11:53 AM.

#29 Wanderer

Wanderer

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:59 AM

I have pretty broad interests. I study Chinese Medicine and thus medicine and healing is my great passion. I like writing/playing music..I know a few instruments such as guitar, flute, drum, yidaki and am slowly learning to play harmonica. I am a very keen gardener, love spending time outdoors in wilderness. I also like growing and foraging for mushrooms. I am also interested in electrical science. I've also become quite the cook lately! And of course you will often find me with my head stuffed in a book or nine.

#30 Eis

Eis

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:46 PM

@ Kalinia: I played through the first one with a friend a few years ago when it was still in serial format on Xbox Live.  I may have shed a few tears at the end...

I get into lots of stuff.  I have 3 saltwater aquariums with various fish, corals and invertebrates to take care of.  That eats up a good chunk of time but it's so worth it.  I love my water babies.  I also like to work on cars; I have been working with my fiancé to restore a 1965 Buick Riviera and it's been a blast to watch the old junkyard-reject reemerge as a truly badass piece of street cred!  One can never have enough horsepower, in my opinion.  I have a compound bow and I really enjoy archery, it's very relaxing.  Great stress reliever.  As is the gun range, just not as meditative an experience! 

I play video games, though not as much as I did when I was younger.  I mostly spend time working through custom Tomb Raider levels to keep the grey matter in shape.  I read lots of books, mostly horror and urban fantasy type novels, but I enjoy a sappy, smutty romance novel every now and then.  I also read (and buy too many) shit tons of witchy/occult books.  I'm trying to be good about journaling for several reasons, but I'm not exactly consistent. 

I'm not very social...  I like interacting in cyberspace obviously, but the only person (besides family) outside of work I interact with is my fiancé.  It's odd, I'm an awkward person, but I never set out to be deliberately antisocial. However, there are so many other things in my life that I want/need to do that other people get in the way.  They also bring waaay too much drama that I don't have the energy or inclination to deal with.  That sounds horrid, I know.  I usually relax by hanging with my 'Beards': a hyperkinetic amazing mini Schnauzer and a stubborn loveable lug of a Kerry Blue terrier.  They're smarter and more fun than most of the people I know anyway, even if they are stinky.

#31 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:39 PM

I don't practice.  I just live.  My interests are varied.  My hobbies are fun.  When I have time for them.  Life is hectic with 4 generations under one roof at all different and huge stages of life.  I'm just busy living.  I love the way this conversation has been going because we're all just talking about life. 

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#32 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:01 AM

I just have to ask, since several are in to video games. Has anyone played the walking dead games? Please no spoilers, but I just finished the first game and cried like a baby throughout it! LOVE IT! 

Good grief woman!  You must have been a teenage boy in your previous life LOL

Be nice or go away!

#33 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:05 AM

Life is hectic with 4 generations under one roof at all different and huge stages of life.  

Crikey!  That sounds wonderful and scary at the time. I'm not surprised you're busy x

Be nice or go away!

#34 Edge

Edge

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:12 PM

Brrraaaaaiiiiiinnnnnnsssss. I'm a bio-psych student with aspirations of going into neuroscience.

I also write, want to get back into dancing and music writing and playing, like to learn languages, read, watch tv and movies, go for walks, and all sorts of things. I really like pirates.

Also, I'm a dick likely due to genetic predisposition, environment growing up, and the fact that I dislike most people.

#35 Lauvitra

Lauvitra

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:47 PM

Well, I tend to be an introvert by nature, so I don't enjoy being "engaged in the world" so much. I dream of a hermit's cave.

Lacking the cave, though... When not witching, I enjoy my hobbies. Reading and writing, and many kinds of crafts. Mostly I do weaving and sewing, but also mosaic work and all kinds of small projects. I love longsword fighting and I practice it with a couple of friends, so that's a nice way to spend some time together and forget about being witchy for a moment. Video games are something I love, too. Hint hint: anyone recognize my signature? ;)

And then there's work, of course. I enjoy my work very much, and it keeps me around other people and living the normal life.

"We pledge ourselves to you, the Frame-Maker, the Scarab:

a world for us to love you in, a cloak of dirt to cherish."

#36 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:49 PM

Interesting.. But not surprising... That many of us are introverts

#37 Eis

Eis

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:46 PM

@ Lauvitra: Skyrim?

#38 Lauvitra

Lauvitra

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:10 PM

@ Lauvitra: Skyrim?

__

Close, but not quite there.

Hint2: ALMSIVI! :D

"We pledge ourselves to you, the Frame-Maker, the Scarab:

a world for us to love you in, a cloak of dirt to cherish."

#39 Kallisto

Kallisto

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:08 PM

My main passion is photography. Along with that, one of my favorite things to do is "runaway," where I take my camera, jump in my Jeep, turn up the music, pick a direction and drive until I see something interesting enough to stop and take pictures of. I also love to read/study whatever interests me, usually occult or religion related. Additionally, I'm a writer, gamer, graphic designer, and awesome napper (nothing centers me better than an epic nap). I'm also really involved with several local animal rescues that I volunteer my time at, especially our local rabbit rescue.

#40 Roanna

Roanna

She of the spiders and degus...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:34 AM

In my spare time I do some undercover work for an antifascist group. I infiltrate hate groups on Twitter and then expose the key members to law enforcement and other interested parties. Although it doesn't cross over much with my witchcraft I actually think that the skills I have developed as a witch do help. The hiding in public elements, the ability to read people and to understand how to manipulate them to trust me all help me achieve success in what I do.

When not battling with racists, homophobes and fascists I like to garden. Growing everything from seed this year, all my own veg, flowers and herbs. Unlike many of you I don't have a great deal of knowledge about the green in green witchery and I usually get a lot of it wrong (like the year I mistook annual for perennial and chucked away all my plants that would come back and kept all those that wouldn't...) But it's a journey and the last six years of serious gardening have allowed me to develop a few limited skills and abilities. Above all it's a passion and I think that's really what counts. 

Do what you believe to be the right thing and trust yourself.

Witchpathforward My website incorporating "Ask a Witch a Question," my blog and websites of witchy interest.