• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ButterflyMe

ButterflyMe

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:07 AM

Is there a way to cut the cord between a father and daughter?  Or any other way to keep him out of her life?  

Long story short, I was in a very abusive relationship.  The physical abuse didn't begin until after my daughter was born, but it was horrible and I suffered.  My daughter and I were held against my will for years.  I couldn't go to the police because of his family ties... even now, there isn't much I can do.  Now, due to the laws, even though he tried to kidnap and take my daughter out of the country, he has unsupervised visitation.  I have a new lawyer, a very expensive one but even he isn't very optimistic in my case.  I'm at my wits end.  My daughter is nearly 9, she hates him and is upset every time she has to go with him.  He insults her, calls her ugly, and ignores her.  

I don't want to cause him physical pain.  Though he deserves a slow and agonizing death, and I secretly hope that it happens soon, I don't want to be the cause of it. What I want more than anything is for him to just disappear from our lives.  Nothing more.  Any ideas?  

#2 travsha

travsha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 03:05 PM

Cord cutting wouldnt keep someone out of your life.

What would maybe help more is ritual to help you win in court against him.  

#3 ButterflyMe

ButterflyMe

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:55 PM

Cord cutting wouldnt keep someone out of your life.

What would maybe help more is ritual to help you win in court against him.  

___

I was hoping it would keep him from wanting to come around, or whatever.  Something to help me win in court... that never even crossed my mind!  Thank you.  

#4 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:56 PM

Perhaps a working to bring out the truth of his violent nature would help as well. But, if you're going to do this sort of working, you MUST protect your daughter and yourself. I find truth spells tease out their actions in a way in which they get caught - meaning something will definitely happen along the lines of him abusing someone. 

I agree, cord cutting is not for right now..... later, after the dust starts to settle, yes it'll help. Right now you need to pull those negative strings and expose them, so people can see his nasty side in a way which will deem him unsafe. If you take this route, get ready for a very bumpy, but effective, ride.

Edited by Ravenshaw, 26 March 2016 - 05:57 PM.

RSKHFMY

#5 Belwenda

Belwenda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:34 PM

I agree that cord cutting is not powerful enough but  IDK, the truth idea  sounds too dangerous, long and uncertain to me and b/c of the visitation decision you're stuck with him. A distraction... to distract him from you, or to take / lure him away- I'm sure you've tried a banishment- protection, guarding already although you may not be strong enough( because of your history w/ your oppressor)  to do this working yourself- can you get help? 2 or 3 other witches to help you with a working?

In the meantime- court case spells are effective- but must be tightly written.

Edited by Belwenda, 26 March 2016 - 07:36 PM.

"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" W.S.

#6 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:17 PM

You want him to go away..Usually these things take care of themselves but I sense his reasons for keeping up the visitation is more about power and control over you, then wanting to see your daughter. He wants to hurt you. The cord cutting would be between you and him and I would want to send him a distraction. 

I would do this in my way, which is not something I could explain but I would do whatever I could to keep him away. 

I had a similar situation. I was afraid of my ex spending any time with my children, unsupervised. When we were a family, there was some structure but on his own, he would run amok. So we got divorced and he went away. There was a nasty custody battle and he got visitation but he never showed up because he was banished to a far off place.

There was a happy ending to the story. The kids grew up, and he is back in the area living and is more stable so they see him but he has no control over them so it is good. 

#7 ButterflyMe

ButterflyMe

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:41 PM

Perhaps a working to bring out the truth of his violent nature would help as well. But, if you're going to do this sort of working, you MUST protect your daughter and yourself. I find truth spells tease out their actions in a way in which they get caught - meaning something will definitely happen along the lines of him abusing someone. 

I agree, cord cutting is not for right now..... later, after the dust starts to settle, yes it'll help. Right now you need to pull those negative strings and expose them, so people can see his nasty side in a way which will deem him unsafe. If you take this route, get ready for a very bumpy, but effective, ride.

___

I've honestly never done a truth spell.  

#8 ButterflyMe

ButterflyMe

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:45 PM

I agree that cord cutting is not powerful enough but  IDK, the truth idea  sounds too dangerous, long and uncertain to me and b/c of the visitation decision you're stuck with him. A distraction... to distract him from you, or to take / lure him away- I'm sure you've tried a banishment- protection, guarding already although you may not be strong enough( because of your history w/ your oppressor)  to do this working yourself- can you get help? 2 or 3 other witches to help you with a working?

In the meantime- court case spells are effective- but must be tightly written.

__

I'm not strong when it comes to him, you got that right.  I don't live inside the USA and witches have been lynched here, one recently a few blocks away from where I live was burned to death.  Even if there were more it's not like we work together.  I'm going to meditate for awhile and see if I can manage a court spell.  I've only ever really done protection and healing spells, a few sleep spells and other well being stuff. 

#9 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:33 AM

Have you considered giving your daughter a new name?

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#10 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:01 PM

Is there a way to cut the cord between a father and daughter?  Or any other way to keep him out of her life?  

Long story short, I was in a very abusive relationship.  The physical abuse didn't begin until after my daughter was born, but it was horrible and I suffered.  My daughter and I were held against my will for years.  I couldn't go to the police because of his family ties... even now, there isn't much I can do.  Now, due to the laws, even though he tried to kidnap and take my daughter out of the country, he has unsupervised visitation.  I have a new lawyer, a very expensive one but even he isn't very optimistic in my case.  I'm at my wits end.  My daughter is nearly 9, she hates him and is upset every time she has to go with him.  He insults her, calls her ugly, and ignores her.  

I don't want to cause him physical pain.  Though he deserves a slow and agonizing death, and I secretly hope that it happens soon, I don't want to be the cause of it. What I want more than anything is for him to just disappear from our lives.  Nothing more.  Any ideas?  

I've been thinking about your post for a while, ButterflyMe. 
My first reaction was: daughter or not, it is possible to banish him from her presence. In Italian folk magic, this would be called an 'allontanamento' which would translate to some like 'estrangement' . It normally consists of producing a candle, or a doll, or whatever representing the two people you want to estrange. The rituals starts with the two figures with their backs next to one another, sometimes they may be knotted together with a cord. Then, they are moved away from one another normally on several days, a bit more each day. 

Then I thought that, as you seem to assume, there is a strong connection between the child and the father, as this seemed natural to me. Then I thought again, and I came back to my initial take. Personally, I've never worked on father-child, but I have successfully estranged brothers. And I know of people who have estranged parents. 
So, yeah, I don't think it should be a problem. I'm not 100% clear why, but my guess would be that even if there were a bond due to the biological connection between the two, continuous abuse and neglect do no good to that link. Those connections are strengthened by life together and a continuos relationship that is grounded in the parents raising the children. Plus, in nature, there's plenty of examples of animals who don't give a shit about their newborns, or kill hem all together, which for me weakens the idea that there is metaphysical cord. 

Good luck with everything, whatever way you chose to go. 

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#11 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:09 PM

@Aria...That sounds really good. It is similar to something I would do...

It does sound like the daughter and father do not have a loving relationship. That's a macho society and it is about power and control, putting on the show....They will separate, but hopefully sooner then later. I don't see the court doing anything different. Even if his abusive ways were discovered, it would not be considered that out of line. I don't know this for sure, but that is what I understand about the culture. 

@Butterflyme...it's not just the lynching you have to worry about. You are not a witch (maybe you will be one day) You are a mother, who does things....that nobody will ever know about that because you must protect your child. 

When I got divorced, here in the good old usa, it was ugly and there was a lot of mud slinging. I had made a terrible mistake, not on purpose but it made me look really bad to the courts. So I had to be on my best behavior from then on. I had to produce evidence that I was a fit parent. My ex-husband did not follow through with his evidence so he lost. 

It wasn't til my youngest turned 18 that I was able to do the serious stuff.  I talk to spirits, that would be labeled crazy. It doesn't matter now, but it did when I had minor children. 

I just point that out because I learned the hard way to behave myself, because my husband pulled out every dirty trick he could at the time.. then he went away but I still was very careful.

Don't be paranoid, just be a woman, who has many interests, such as cooking, or gardening, or rearranging things on the shelf, burning candles, whatever normal things you do, in your special way.  Believe me, you are doing the work but it doesn't have to show. 

#12 ButterflyMe

ButterflyMe

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:36 PM

I've been thinking about your post for a while, ButterflyMe. 
My first reaction was: daughter or not, it is possible to banish him from her presence. In Italian folk magic, this would be called an 'allontanamento' which would translate to some like 'estrangement' . It normally consists of producing a candle, or a doll, or whatever representing the two people you want to estrange. The rituals starts with the two figures with their backs next to one another, sometimes they may be knotted together with a cord. Then, they are moved away from one another normally on several days, a bit more each day. 

Then I thought that, as you seem to assume, there is a strong connection between the child and the father, as this seemed natural to me. Then I thought again, and I came back to my initial take. Personally, I've never worked on father-child, but I have successfully estranged brothers. And I know of people who have estranged parents. 
So, yeah, I don't think it should be a problem. I'm not 100% clear why, but my guess would be that even if there were a bond due to the biological connection between the two, continuous abuse and neglect do no good to that link. Those connections are strengthened by life together and a continuos relationship that is grounded in the parents raising the children. Plus, in nature, there's plenty of examples of animals who don't give a shit about their newborns, or kill hem all together, which for me weakens the idea that there is metaphysical cord. 

Good luck with everything, whatever way you chose to go. 

___

Wow, this is great!  Thank you.

Honestly, I was very nervous about making this post, I'm a lurker and rather shy and just over thought posting this so much because it was so personal, but I'm so glad I did.  Thank you.  

#13 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:19 PM

I performed a ritual a few years ago that I think might be useful. I had an abusive boyfriend (also a powerful witch) that kept coming into my life and threatening me with physical harm and even death. I took liquid eyeliner and with it, I drew an orobouros around the edge of a plate after using nail polish to paint it red. I placed a necklace he had given me in the middle of the plate, and wrote a spell that basically went "I am breaking our bond. You will not stain my life anymore. You are no longer in my life. I am breaking this cycle for good. We are no longer attached to each other". It was only three or four lines long, but I asked for spiritual help with the energy and the casting as I went about the ritual. I was in a college dorm at the time, so I couldn't really use anything besides a makeshift alter; I recommend setting up at your sink because as I recited the spell over and over, I cleaned the plate. When I was cleaning off the orobouros with makeup remover, I recited the bit about breaking the cycle. When using nail polish remover on the nail polish, I recited the bit about how he wouldn't stain my life. I cut the cord of the necklace when reciting about how we were no longer attached to each other. Its been quiet from him ever since.

If you want to do something like this, let me know and I'll try to send some energy your way to help with it.

#14 ButterflyMe

ButterflyMe

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:32 AM

I performed a ritual a few years ago that I think might be useful. I had an abusive boyfriend (also a powerful witch) that kept coming into my life and threatening me with physical harm and even death. I took liquid eyeliner and with it, I drew an orobouros around the edge of a plate after using nail polish to paint it red. I placed a necklace he had given me in the middle of the plate, and wrote a spell that basically went "I am breaking our bond. You will not stain my life anymore. You are no longer in my life. I am breaking this cycle for good. We are no longer attached to each other". It was only three or four lines long, but I asked for spiritual help with the energy and the casting as I went about the ritual. I was in a college dorm at the time, so I couldn't really use anything besides a makeshift alter; I recommend setting up at your sink because as I recited the spell over and over, I cleaned the plate. When I was cleaning off the orobouros with makeup remover, I recited the bit about breaking the cycle. When using nail polish remover on the nail polish, I recited the bit about how he wouldn't stain my life. I cut the cord of the necklace when reciting about how we were no longer attached to each other. Its been quiet from him ever since.

If you want to do something like this, let me know and I'll try to send some energy your way to help with it.

__ 

Thank you. :)