Sign in to follow this  
Kalinia

Protection from spirit possession/attachment

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips they are willing to share, or could point me to a thread where I can learn. Having trouble finding anything. 

I have been really delving deeper than I ever have before and reaching out to spirit guides lately. I feel like it is the main reason I have been doing so well lately with some issues that I struggle with. I however realize I really have to learn about protection. I do not want to become comfortable, or naive, and open myself up to something that I do not want. 

They are there and there are ways to communicate that are natural. Pay attention to synchronicity and to the words of others and your own words. Write..and you will see their wisdom come through you. You have an inner knowing, and if you ask yourself a question you will sense an answer. Pay attention to your dreams.

Be patient. 

One thing that I always did was imagine conversations with people that I know.  I have always done it. I now know that is one subtle way that guides communicate. I still use that method.

An idea pops into your head, you program yourself to wake up at a certain time, your attention is drawn to a certain subject, or you notice something...these are all normal ways to receive guidance and everybody does it. 

You have probably heard all this before but one must see, in order to truly believe.

Beyond this level, there can be danger. I use talismans, or charms...A triangle for protection and animal spirits. etc...

What is the purpose of your calling? This is a question to ask yourself. Why are you being summoned?

I have been down this road and did it the hard way, which I do not recommend. Someone else might be able to give you a more practical answer.

• Upvote 3

Best protection is good connection to protective spirit guides.  So you are on the right path already, but you may want to be asking your guides about protection, or seeking out more protective spirits to start forming relationships with.  

I can also tell you a few things that I do personally....  They may or may not fit into your practice but they should inspire some ideas.

I have a protection altar.  Lots of things on it which symbolize protection, and also it is dedicated to some protective spirits.  You can add a spirit house or a fetish to this if your spirit guides want either.  I also make offerings at this altar with incense, and I also keep some herbs I use for smudging here to "charge" on the altar.  

I diet protective plants.  This is one of the main ways I seek more protection.  As your practice grows I find you need more and more protection and it never hurts to have too much.  One of the most effective ways I know to connect with new spirit allies is through dieta - of course this is mostly geared to plant and sometimes stone spirits, but I work mostly with plant spirits so this makes sense in my practice.  If I want more protection then I diet protective plants - generally plants with spikes or thorns is a good place to start, powerful tress, or just other plants known for protection.  Tobacco is the most powerful plant for protection, but you can also try blackberry, ajo sacha, mucura, nettle, rose, pine, ayahuma ect....  I wrote an article about dieta here: http://www.soulremedy.org/dieta/4591702819

Once you have a connection to some protective spirits a few things that can help with protection or cleansing include: smudging with things like sage, juniper, copal, palo santo, cedar ect, using floral waters or scented waters and perfumes, ritual baths, floor washes, sing protective songs, do protective prayers, use protective amulets/talismans, wear protective jewelry, channel a spirit guide for protection in the moment ect....

All of what Trav said, he knows his stuff!

I would add a few things that may be of use to you. Animal protectors, spirits yes, but even a faithful pet if you have one. Sometimes it is just a comfort having them near when you meditate or do trance work, even while you sleep. Of course it depends how sensitive to these things the animal is how much use they will be to you, but I have found that sometimes they are much more on the ball then we realize. They can be a great early warning system, and great protectors.

Talismans yes, as was mentioned. This may include religious items if your into that. Something I like is to bring a protective item, usually a weapon with me when I 'travel'. Because it is in spirit, it dose not have to be an actual physical weapon. It can be a representation of one, such as a dagger pendant or something. Could also be a rock you think would be good for throwing or feels protective, a stick, a boomerang, a slingshot, ect. Just have it in your hand when you meditate to contact spirit, or do trance work. If your dreams are being targeted, or you travel unconsciously, you could sleep with these items under the bed. Just be prepared to use them in a crisis. (In spirit of course)

Try and approach this without fear, relax. I am sure you know some entities feed off fear and negative emotions. It will attract them and they may even try and manipulate you to trigger that state by scaring you. 

Edited by Solanaceae

Kalina, I know you struggle with anxiety so I want to reiterate what Solanaceae's last paragraph says. Find your place of inner strength and trust your protectors before embarking on anything too risky because fear and anxiety can attract things to you that you don't want around. For my recent encounter, the most effective thing for making sure the entity didn't come back was the confidence that I had gained in my own strength and power as a witch as a result of the confrontation. And as others have said, strong relations with protective spirits is great. I trust my ancestors and the land spirits around my place and they have come through for me many times and that gives me a peace of mind.

I think it's also a good idea to build a relationship with a gatekeeper spirit/deity. Someone who can mind the gateway when you are calling things through, and make sure everypne leaves in peace when you say goodbye. A spirit bouncer so to speak. There are plenty of Dieties and psychopomps in various traditions that fill this role. If working with deity makes you uncomfortable, ask your spirit-helpers to find you a gatekeeper you can trust. There might already be one that has been aiding you without you realizing.

Edited by RapunzelGnome

Thank you so much for all of the responses. I am going to write all of this down and start practicing more. I can feel something is looking out for me right now, and communicating to me through cards. I am ready to start exploring this more. I will always make sure to be in a strong mental state before doing ANY type of work like this, I can truly feel how important that is!

For me, I keep an ancestor alter and I am very active with it. I talk to them constantly, ask for advice, etc., and that they warn me if they see anything. I change the water on it about once per week, but if it gets cloudy with no reason too quickly, I know to be on my guard. I also have another spirit I speak with. But my ancestors have a keen interest in me and the well-being of my family, and they are always a got-to place for advice and guidance.

There are some cultures where water is set up on an alter in a specific way, and the way it is set up puts the spirits that frequent it on alert as to the condition of the home (rest mode, alert mode, defense mode, attack mode, etc.).

M

• Upvote 1

Practice regular uncrossings.  Also, camphor is a very potent substance, it will remove spirit attachments if you happen to end up with one.

• Upvote 1

I always call forth my ancestors first before doing any working, even when it's with spirits I've worked with for years. There's also god's eyes hung up throughout my house with the main one resting on my altar. When I made them, I recited a protection mantra that's specific to one of the spirits I work with. Also, my dog tends to stay close to me all the time. When I'm doing any spirit work, she'll be in the next room watching. Sometimes she'll come in and walk around or sit on the floor next to me. When she comes in and nudges me, that's a heads up that something's "off".

I know this is an old thread, but there may be others like me reading the archives and older stuff in the forums and I have a book to share that perhaps might come in handy for some, it so happens that we find things when we most need them. Also, I have been doing some research on Negs and spirits that attach and stumbled upon it, I found very good information: https://www.amazon.com/Practical-Psychic-Self-Defense-Handbook/dp/1571746390

Also, I have it in pdf format, if anyone is interested, please pm me.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this