• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:23 PM

Have just looked at a beautiful picture of Kalinia's rose, which set me up for the day!

What about a shout box for pictures.  I'm sure it would be interesting, no matter what the subject.... Eeek??!

Be nice or go away!

#2 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:28 PM

Why when I mis-type, do I always look like I'm drunk :) Can someone tell me how to edit my bloody spelling mistakes LOL

Be nice or go away!

#3 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:52 PM

I like that idea :) I really enjoy seeing peoples photos that they wish to share~ I think they should fit in with the theme of the forum~

#4 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:04 PM

Aefre, you can't edit your titles (but we can).

Unfortunately, the software used for the forum is only customizable to a certain degree. Adding a separate  "shout box" for pics isn't in the realm of possibility.  If you're on Instagram or something, you could "shout" a link to your photo, though.

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#5 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:29 PM

MW, nothing that goes on with regards to the' interweb' is within my realms of possibility anyway,  let alone 'instagram' or 'shout'!   What sorcery is this of which you speak.......

Give up with me, it was only a suggestion :) But no doubt within the next 20 seconds, some tech/savvy child will make it possible...(I only hope it's one of mine and I can live in an internet funded mansion for the rest of my old age....... 

Be nice or go away!

#6 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:38 PM

Bwahahaha. My eldest boy has a degree in computer engineering. He's had to 'fix' things for me before...!

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#7 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:43 PM

Aefre, for whatever it's worth I am painfully and acutely aware, of horrific grammar and spelling mistakes I make, and can only imagine how many I overlook.  It is sad, as I actually am educated and have a reasonable knowledge of it, but there are certain things I do, when I am enthusiastic and not "minding my p's and q's" that are really BAAAD.  My favorites being I mix homophones terribly-even though I know which "right" is "right" I am more likely to "write" the wrong one (for example)! And I have a full on block with many words that have double consonants.  So far, not a soul has made fun- at least out loud.  But, fear not, you are not alone in this!:)  I am also the reigning queen of the run-on sentence and the word succinct has no place in my life!:)

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#8 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:06 AM

there are several nice photo threads, one that comes to mind immediately is this one:

http://www.tradition...94-nature-pics/

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#9 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:39 PM

What Caps said, or if you like could you just start a new thread 'photo of the day', just like we have draw of the day, ect?

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#10 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:36 PM

@Everyone.

Or I could just wait for 10 years, and we'll all be communicating in a virtual world....

Be nice or go away!