• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:39 PM

When you are using tarot/oracle cards, and a card falls or flies out of the deck, do you take that as an important card to read? I personally only do sometimes. Sometimes I will feel like it was just an accident, and other times I will feel an extreme pull to look at the card, and take to heart what it means for me. 

#2 Aina

Aina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:07 PM

It depends. I normally work with my ancestors right before using tarot so if it happens while I'm shuffling, I'll take a look at the card because it might be a specific message. Sometimes it fits what's going on with me and sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't then I put it back in the deck. If it does, I'll leave the card out and put it to the side but continue to do my spread. If it adds to the spread, then great. If not, I'll meditate on it to see if there's something I'm missing.

#3 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:11 PM

Absolutely!

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#4 witchpriest

witchpriest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:42 PM

That is always a powerful sign, take heed!

#5 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:35 PM

Witch priest for me personally I honestly don't think every time is a powerful sign. Sometimes I can truly feel that though. The pull to it is so strong!

#6 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:09 PM

When a card falls, it can be simple clumsiness.

When a card jumps - I pay attention.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#7 Gyreleaf

Gyreleaf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:00 PM

Sometimes it's the card not wanting to be a part of the reading.

#8 jefftos

jefftos

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:10 PM

I just go with my gut. Most of the time I feel it needs to be a part of the reading but like others have said, sometimes it's just an accident,

#9 MaeRose

MaeRose

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:49 PM

I am curious, as almost all my readings are done just by cars jumping from the deck. I usually will request an answer and number or cards, and also tend to see the cards that jump in my head before hand. Always wondered if I am making this reading happen or spirit.

I have put fallen cards back in, thinking it was an accident, and then pulled the same one. I just find the cards that come to me more accurate.

It is what it is.

#10 AuroraBaenSidhe

AuroraBaenSidhe

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:58 PM

Divination is by no means my strong suit, however, when a card jumps out of the deck theres a very distinct 'gut feeling' as to whether I should look at it or not. I generally go with it.

#11 mudang

mudang

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:24 PM

It depends on the matter I'm doing the divination for, but yes, I do typically bring it into the reading under its own category - "Navi - HEY!!"

Call me Mivi.

Korean Shaman-Priest (무당)

Schedule 신점 (divination), 기도 (prayerwork), 굿 (grand ceremonies)!

Fundraiser for Temple Room

"Money can move the gods."

#12 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:45 PM

I tend to see these cards as influences I may not be aware of that I need to take into consideration when doing my reading.

#13 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:40 AM

I also have the gut feeling as well. Sometimes I just KNOW to put it back, that it means nothing, and others its screaming out to me, and the card is spot on for what I need to know. 

#14 Abraxia Thalgus

Abraxia Thalgus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:13 AM

Go with the gut.  At times I will pick a card up, look at it and put it back.  Other times, I will study it to get the meaning of it.  I always take note, even if it's just an accident because often it will come up in the reading.  

...you need a lot of courage in this life, to make some of the choices you have to make. That's natural. I mean, you can't sit back like an amoeba and just regenerate yourself. You've got to be an exciting, dynamic human being, and there are choices you're going to make that's going to cause you some difficulty, and if it requires some courage on your part, then do it. - Charles Perkins, Arunta Elder, 1998

#15 ErinnAinsley

ErinnAinsley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:17 AM

If I'm not decidedly in the mode to "read" and just shuffling and being careless/distracted I put it back, now usually without even looking because it didn't seem applicable to what I was going to read on typically, if ever or maybe very vaguely at best.

But If I'm already thinking of my question with focus, and settled into that "mode", and while shuffling something takes flight, it always ends up being an important part of the reading I find.

#16 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:11 PM

I've never had this happen, and now it's happened twice in two weeks. Last week a card jumped out telling me to accept an incoming offer. Four days later I got a random offer for a part time job. I normally would have taken a while to think about it (I work a lot already, and I didn't apply for this job, or even know it existed), but now I feel like I need to take it and see what happens. Two days ago I got a warning about an incoming negative disruption (though I was doing a reading for my husband at the time, so I don't know if it is meant for me or him). And I now I wonder if I would have ignored the jumping cards if I hadn't read this thread, since it was on my mind when it happened. 

#17 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:27 AM

Very interesting! Did you normally ignore them or do you mean a card has never fell out?

#18 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:29 PM

The second, I've never had a card fall out on me before. 

#19 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:34 PM

It happens to me a lot but that might be more likely due to my terrible shuffling skills, rather than spirit communication. Yet, they still manage to use those opportunities to send a message.

Yay for Sychronicity though. Could be that your tarot spirits knew that you'd be ore open to recieve a message in this fashion after having it on your mind from the thread

#20 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:19 PM

If it happens to me I put it to the side for an "additional message". RG, it happens to me a lot too. I can't shuffle sometimes either!
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.