• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sonofcy

Sonofcy

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 01:26 AM

As A Child, this show was a happy memory.  it's charming and funny.. Richard "Kip" Carpenter wrote it - he also wrote "Robin of Sherwood".  A man who knew more of the Mythology of England than a sensationalist like Dennis Wheatley would ever live to know.  I've often wondered what his personal beliefs were

I think this has been left on Youtube as a "Taster" for the DVD, so I don't think it should be a problem to put the link here.  To the Admin's if it is a problem then please do delete with my apologies

It's 46 years old now but I think it's stood well the test of time.  For me it is a happy memory and probably the first time I'd heard of Witches on the TV

What do you think?

#2 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:36 AM

O M G I'd completely forgotten about Catweazle.  I'm 48 and unfortunately I think I'm starting to look a bit catweazlie myself!  And I'm female, which is a bit of a worry...

Thanks for posting this, it brought back lots of memories :)

Be nice or go away!

#3 Sonofcy

Sonofcy

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 01:22 PM

O M G I'd completely forgotten about Catweazle.  I'm 48 and unfortunately I think I'm starting to look a bit catweazlie myself!  And I'm female, which is a bit of a worry...

Thanks for posting this, it brought back lots of memories :)

Thanks aefre.

Carpenter was a rich vein for good stories for children's shows, The sad thing is that if he were starting out today, I doubt that he would have got anywhere near the screen.  Kid's shows are rather dull these days.