Photo
- - - - -

What can I do to further follow a traditional path?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Jacno

Jacno

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

I feel exactly the same , I've tried to find so many traditional witchcraft groups only to find that they turn out to be Wicca . And would like some guidance in the right direction to practicing true traditional witchcraft.
Please help !

#42 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:24 AM

There is much advise and research suggestions on this site about this topic.

Here is a good place to start.

Traditional Witch Home Page Articles

This is not a teaching site and you are unlikely to find a mentor to walk you through your path here,

but as stated there is lots of information available for you to do your own research and learning.

Enjoy the journey!

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#43 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:43 PM

I've been looking into urban shamanism, and these don't seem much different from psychic, OOB trance travel in meditation. How you get there can be culturally theme-based if that's helpful. Vocabulary varies. Practice should be adapted to be relevant to your life. What im saying is that we don't have to imitate our ancestors lifestyle. To me, relevancy is what makes a practice authentic, and realistic to daily practice. To experience the Earth's telluric energies, reasonably I do have to get out of the house and touch the sod. My back yard or a park are accessible whereas a back pack journey into the forest is not. Like all witches I use what's available. That's very traditional :D

There are instructional books if you just search Traditional Witchcraft on Amazon books. The reviews help you decide which one's are worth buying for your situation. There just is no one, true, authentic, traditional witchcraft methodology. There are some shared practices but every geographic region has it's own style.

Check out podcasts by Peter Paddon and Trad Witch YouTube videos. Sara Anne Lawless has a good web site.

There are differences from Wicca, but the underlaying core is the same Earth, Moon and Sun. Small folk-magic differences like compass instead of circle; the tools are more "rustic" and natural,; contact with spirits, ancestors and deity without pantheons unless you are guided to them. Wicca incorporates some "high magic" methods, and in some regions, so does TW because no path stagnates and survives.

Edited by Zombee, 07 November 2017 - 09:48 PM.